OcUK Minecraft Server - Rules & Chat

Soldato
Haven't been on properly as i've had no broadband for the last week but by the sounds of it i'm glad. There seems to be so much childish behaviour going on.

To be honest you can see by the posts and who is posting them, the people that need to grow up, its not all of us its a small number of players on the server. The rest of us seem to be able to get on and enjoy the game.

Soldato
I'll have to update my java then. Its been a few days since I last played but when I did play my beta client would regularly go to a black screen, and most of the time require me to end the running process to get it to quit.

Soldato
was flirting with the idea of buying this again lately, but looking at this thread is it really worth it? if people can interfere with your builds etc and is it easy to actually freck anything up for others unintentionally?

Associate
I think its safe to say you see the worst of what goes on in the server in this thread as people bring their arguments on here. Most of the server members have a great community ethic, and are supportive and helpful. I haven't had any of my stuff damaged, and while you could unintentionally damage someone elses work, most people are understanding providing you make a reasonable attempt to fix it.

Soldato
I think its safe to say you see the worst of what goes on in the server in this thread as people bring their arguments on here. Most of the server members have a great community ethic, and are supportive and helpful. I haven't had any of my stuff damaged, and while you could unintentionally damage someone elses work, most people are understanding providing you make a reasonable attempt to fix it.

Agreed...But who are you? Game name? :D

Soldato
OP
willhub, I told you last night to stop winding people up.

jmiller, don't react to it and carry on the argument.

I told both of you last night to cut the arguments.

Both of you are temp banned until Tuesday, I can't be bothered dealing with it anymore. If/when you return, if it carries on it'll just be a straight ban.

Soldato
if Rad had more help with the moderation then these things just wouldnt happen. The server is, for the most part, great. people get on and things get built, we all help eachother out.

highlight for a rant
however when somebody is griefing, causing agro, starting arguments, accusing, nothing is done other complain about the resulting arguments from those actions.

When will stood in toStrings house and refused to move for example. you all know the problems tostring had with will. you all knew that will and toString should have stayed away from eachother, and toString at least tried to. Bit hard when Will's standing in his building though, isnt it? But instead of complaining about will and getting something done, you ignored him and complained about the resulting argument instead. That doesnt make sense does it? how many times to toString ask Will, politely, to get out of his building? you lot ignored it. How many times did Will insult toString? you lot ignored that till ToString started back at him.

When Will blew up my bridge, again, you all complained about the argument that ensued, despite me saying I was fine if he rebuilt it. He continued with arguments, accusing ME of trying to bait him and as a result you lot complain about the argument AGAIN rather than the cause, someone suggested i need a ban...when he blew up MY bridge?? did he rebuild it? no. we ended up doing it. And as far as arguing goes, can any of you recall what i actually said to will? tell me please, as im at a loss as to how i was arguing at all.

Like i said on the server, i'm sorry im not one of these people who ignore griefers and trouble causers like some of you do -i want the attenion to be focused on the cause of the problems, not the resulting arguments. And that doesnt just mean the problems Tostrings and I have had with Will, i mean all of it. Waa's alleged griefing, the massive amounts of materials he managed to accumulate in his tower which would only seem possible by breaking rule #7 and probable looting. what got done? nothing - he left of his own accord leaving that tower in ruins after he blew it up.

I put a lot of effort in to helping people out and building and am very much a team player - i still havent managed to build my own place yet because of this. I don't expect people to be hacked off with me just because i dont put up with that crap, that's called having a laugh.

edit: and now im temp banned?

That is VERY poorly judged, Rad, considering Maxi and furburger were the ones baiting will (whether it was for a laugh or not). I just want to play the damn game and have fun. none of this ******. I should remind you it wasnt me and will you told to stop arguing last night, it was tostring and will. I wasnt involved other than posting here asking you to sort this out as I was fed up with it. People then complained about me posting here, too.

Can't win this one can I ?

Last edited:

KIA

KIA

Man of Honour
was flirting with the idea of buying this again lately, but looking at this thread is it really worth it? if people can interfere with your builds etc and is it easy to actually freck anything up for others unintentionally?

The game is worth it. Play with a tight group of friends on a small server and you'll have tons of fun. :)

Soldato
OP
That is VERY poorly judged, Rad, considering Maxi and furburger were the ones baiting will (whether it was for a laugh or not). I just want to play the damn game and have fun. none of this ******. I should remind you it wasnt me and will you told to stop arguing last night, it was tostring and will. I wasnt involved other than posting here asking you to sort this out as I was fed up with it. People then complained about me posting here, too.

Can't win this one can I ?

And neither can I, i'm damned if I do and damned if I don't. I don't have time to go through the logs because they are massive. All I know is people tell me you guys were arguing, nobody can prove anything. It's nothing personal j, but I've had enough of the arguments. On the moderation side, sure it'd be nice but who can I trust to be impartial and what powers should they have? Most of the players are closer/get on better with specific players so it's likely there will be a bias in the case of any disagreement.

I'll hope you'll accept the temp ban and come back as I do think your a good player to have on the server but the arguments stop now, for everyone.

Soldato
Radyr can't be there to moderate everything so he can only go off his instinct and what others tell him. I wouldn't care if I was temp banned, fair enough, Rad's decision He is the one paying the most money for it. You have been temp'd so, deal with it?

Soldato
Radyr can't be there to moderate everything so he can only go off his instinct and what others tell him. I wouldn't care if I was temp banned, fair enough, Rad's decision He is the one paying the most money for it. You have been temp'd so, deal with it?

yes and i bet those 'others' didnt exactly tell him the truth, did they fur?

as for Rad not being there

if Rad had more help with the moderation then these things just wouldnt happen. The server is, for the most part, great. people get on and things get built, we all help eachother out.

windle said:
On the moderation side, sure it'd be nice but who can I trust to be impartial and what powers should they have? Most of the players are closer/get on better with specific players so it's likely there will be a bias in the case of any disagreement.

Ver and tefel. Both impartial and both of them want and fair and just sever to play on. It's always been those two after you took over from Gar, imo.

as for coming back, doubt it. Not after this :)

Soldato

Same. The game seems designed for the infiltration of griefers to cause problems. The thing that would **** me off the most is when said griefers turn round and say stuff like "So I blew up your thing and stole all your stuff, lighten up, its only a computer game, not real life, duh". You would have thought people would not want to risk ocuk forum reputation by being such jerks, allegedly. With this in mind I find the min 5 posts rule to be asking for trouble.

Soldato
Windle, can you temp ban me(toString) instead of jmiller?

I feel really bad because jmiller was the only one who actually stood up for me and agreed about willhub's mob spawner. And again later when willhub refused to leave my house when I was worried he was about to steal stuff.

Far too many people are happy to sit back and go "oh lol its another eastenders episode/stfu/just ignore him" when events don't interfer with their building/homes/area. I'm sure if they were effected it would be a different story. Would be far nicer if people got involved and helped UPHOLD the rules, rather than turn a blind eye and then whinge about all the arguing.

So yeah, can I exchange his tempban with me instead please?

Last edited:
Soldato
Same. The game seems designed for the infiltration of griefers to cause problems. The thing that would **** me off the most is when said griefers turn round and say stuff like "So I blew up your thing and stole all your stuff, lighten up, its only a computer game, not real life, duh". You would have thought people would not want to risk ocuk forum reputation by being such jerks, allegedly. With this in mind I find the min 5 posts rule to be asking for trouble.

unfortunately, it happens. and its not new posters doing it either.

Back
Top Bottom