OcUK Minecraft Server - Rules & Chat

Soldato
SERVER IP: linktart.co.uk

http://isminecraftdown.net/ Made by WedTM so people would stop ######### in #minecraft

Main Minecraft thread http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18020251

Official OcUK Minecraft Website http://ocukmc.co.uk

Minecraft multiplayer servers info below

Name OcUK Members Server (hosted by Linktart)
Game Minecraft (Beta 1.3)
Max Players 24
Address linktart.co.uk

IRC Web Chat
http://webchat.quakenet.org/
Name: Your Name
channel: #linktart

Mumble Voice Chat
Download Mumble http://mumble.sourceforge.net/
IP:195.90.99.195 - Port: 54942
Pass: ocuk
Name: Your Name

Wanting to upload pictures to show off your work use this:

http://www.goberpiles.com/minecraft/imageupload/

Donating towards Server Costs

Nobody is required to donate towards the cost of hosting the server, however donations are gratefully accepted. All donations will be put towards upgrading the LinkTart dedicated box.

Whitelist Policy

To join the server you have to be on the whitelist.

Step 1. To join the whitelist, register on www.linktart.co.uk

Step 2. Wait for your approval to come through in Email and activate your Linktart account

Step 3. Navigate to Groups -> Minecraft -> Minecraft Server -> Register

Step 4. Enter your Minecraft username (case-sensitive) and await Admin approval

New Server rules

1. The server operates a whitelist policy. To be placed on the whitelist, you have to have been a member of OcUK Forums for a reasonable amount of time (reasonable being at my discretion) OR be a friend of an existing player who can vouch for you. Please post your Minecraft name and the OcUK name of your sponsor (if applicable) in the thread and you'll be added when possible.

2. Players are expected to use COMMON SENSE when playing! This includes not building right next to somebody's building without asking, building something massive and dwarfing someone else's building without asking, generally peeing off other players. If I have to get involved in player disputes, my decision is final and if both players can't use their common sense it's likely that both parties will be suspended!

3. FIRE and the use of Flint/TNT is allowed on the server, however Rule 2 (Common Sense) applies. There have been a number of burning incidents where players have "accidentally" selected flint and burnt down half the forest and several buildings because they set a fire. If players cannot use Fire/TNT responsibly then the usage of these will be REMOVED from the server and the guilty parties suspended/banned as applicable.

4. If players are found to be griefing (intentionally damaging other players property) then a permanent ban will be handed out, the same applies from stealing from players chests.

5. To Reserve a space of land, place a sign and clearly mark the extents of the area you require and the date you claimed it. Again, common sense applies with regards to what you are building and where in relation to other players. If you are planning a big build, discuss this with other players on the server before commencing work!

6. Sky Bridges... Nobody likes seeing random one block wide bridges running everywhere. If you need to make a bridge/lift like that then remove it once you have made it. Don't make a tower of dirt to climb up a building then just leave it behind you! If you are making an actual bridge for rail/walking then this has to be at least 3 blocks wide and have supports so it doesn't look daft.

7. Building in Spawn is restricted and unless you have permission from me then don't build there or touch any buildings! Building outside of the spawn walls is allowed but again, use your common sense. We don't want massive buildings dwarfing the area around spawn so please keep any buildings there within reason. Otherwise they will be moved to an area further out.

8. No hacking of the game, this includes item duping or any other form of hacking. Please note that the FlyMod is considered a hack so do NOT use it! I also ask players not to use transparent texture packs as I believe them to be against the spirit of the game.

9. No mob spawner traps are allowed, they take up far too much room, are ugly if built at surface level and there are already multiples one available for use including my own personal one!

10. If you do not like somebody's building do NOT take it upon your shoulders to destroy/grief it, I take a dim view of this and you won't like me when I'm angry! If you have to, speak to the owner and sort it out between yourselves and involve me only if nessecary. To this end SIGNS MUST BE DISPLAYED CLEARLY SHOWING WHO BUILT THE PROPERTY and these must not be messed with by anyone.

11. If community mining/exploring all goods should be shared equally between players involved unless a direct agreement with those players is in place at the start.

12. HOMOPHOBIC/RACIST/SEXIST COMMENTS ARE NOT WELCOME ON THE SERVER. WHAT MAY BE HARMLESS BANTER TO YOU MAY WELL NOT BE FOR OTHER PLAYERS. PLAYERS BREAKING THIS RULE WILL BE SUSPENDED IN THE FIRST INSTANCE AND BANNED ON THE SECOND. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

13. ADMIN DECISIONS ARE FINAL - IF PLAYERS BREAK THESE RULES THEN SUSPENSIONS/BANS WILL BE HANDED OUT AS REQUIRED!

Warning : Every move you make on this server is logged I will name & shame you if I have the proof.

Useful Commands

/tpc
/bb here
/home set (to set your home location)
/who (playerlist)

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
UPDATE SECTION:

We have now switched to the Linktart Dedicated Server, many thanks to FrenchTart for his hours of hard work in setting it all up and copying the world across.

Linktart is running Minecraft beta 1.3 and Craftbukkit with several plugins

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
ok, been pondering what to do about the spawn lag. It's almost certainly to do with the vault area and the voids around it. What I'm proposing to do is remove the vaults and remake them elsewhere on groundlevel as a building players can enter. This can then be clad in blocks to make it look all pretty. This can either be in spawn or slightly off from spawn with a clear safe path to it (tunnel or just well constructed walled path).

Otherwise it may take some time to try and track down exactly where the lag is coming from!

Opinions?

Soldato
OP
Ok, expedition tomorrow to fix the vaults and light them up and clearing mobs.

Tomorrow (Tuesday) @ 12:30pm (Just after/before lunch).

Feel free to come along.

Soldato
OP
ok, bottom 3 vaults were cleared of mobs and the entire bottom section and gaps has been filled with stone.

Spawn is vastly improved, think any remaining lag is the protection mod in the remaining vault layer.

Soldato
OP
Why not use this forum?:confused:

Just chucking ideas around :)

Mainly the thought was because the main mc thread here gets clogged up with lots of stuff and you end up with pages of stuff to trawl through. Seperate forum would mean seperate posts. But it may well be overkill :)

Soldato
OP
between fabien and rizo, can you sort out the hosting. Rizo, ideally if you can set me up with an ftp access so I can upload the new up to date cartograph I have so that players can access it.

Cheers

Soldato
OP
Windle - can you do this when possible please?

Been trying to mate, I've installed all the bits required but when I run it the command window opens up then shuts down immediately.

Edit: For the person who wanted a 2D view of spawn. Here you go

2dspawn.png

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Hmm... registered for the game and paid my monies - but signed up with my real name, didn't realise that would also be my ingame name. Can this not be changed? Some kind of warning would have been nice.

Could try emailing notch, this is the only email advertised though

Q: My purchase doesn't go through, what do I do?
A: First, check if you paid by E-Check. Those can take up to a week and a half to clear (usually five days). If it's been longer than that, or you didn't pay by E-Check, send me an email at [email protected]. Make sure to include the transaction id from the receipt you got from paypal, and what username you bought the game for.

Also there's an unofficial support page here

http://www.formspring.me/MojangSupport

Soldato
OP
hmmm

maybe the lava window isn't the future for this then, i'll try something else with it maybe.

Or maybe spawn extends here and that's why it stops me placing lava?

Oh and is there any chance that the land mass between my house and spawn be filled in with grass? It looks god awful after everyone (even me) has been at it for sand, would like to put a river in or something pretty instead of the cobble/gravel/exposed coal thing it has going on atm

Better get digging then ;)

Back
Top Bottom