i just got dead space 2 but i'm so disappointed

Soldato
OP
Hey Gareth,

I have been following this thread from the start but have not posted until now.

You really impressed me with how you manage to play the games (especially how well!) with just using your chin. You are a great inspiration and developers should stand up and take note and not be so narrow minded leaving such games non customisable.

I have a Wii mote going spare if you would like it? Would save you spending out if it doesn't turn out to be any good!

Let me know if you are interested, mail in trust :)
thank you mate

i'm going to try a arcade joystick next week to see if i can press the buttons with my feet if i can then i'll go the SmartNav system route, but if i can't then i'll try the wii mote route .

Last edited:
Caporegime
i have just checked the youtube comments 99% of are good, afew are nasty.

Yeah, I saw one or two unkind, cruel comments and I did briefly consider politely asking them to refrain from doing this, but straight away "Don't feed the troll" sprang to mind so I chose to ignore those comments.

As I learned a while back, ignoring someone can be one of the most effective and satifying ways to deal with them.

You're much loved by us all mate. :)

Soldato
OP
Yeah, I saw one or two unkind, cruel comments and I did briefly consider politely asking them to refrain from doing this, but straight away "Don't feed the troll" sprang to mind so I chose to ignore those comments.

As I learned a while back, ignoring someone can be one of the most effective and satifying ways to deal with them.

yeah i'm not going to reply to them. and true ignoring is the best way, works with the gf also lol :D

thanks again too all that have been kind and helpful..

Soldato

That's pretty dam cool !.

I just hope people are reading the entire article and are understanding that this is to get fully customizable controls for games, Dead Space 2 in particular.

@Gareth. Scumbag comments are par for the course on youtube. You could post a video of the most perfectly shaped breasts anyone has ever seen and it would still get hateful comments. Ignore them. :)

Associate
wow awesome i just went onto steam and gareths kotaku article was there under recent news on my fallout new vegas screen :D

Hopefully dev's should take all this onboard.

Associate
thank you mate

i'm going to try a arcade joystick next week to see if i can press the buttons with my feet if i can then i'll go the SmartNav system route, but if i can't then i'll try the wii mote route .

Don't be too disheartened if you find it difficult at first, it might take a fair bit of practice. I play Street Fighter 4 with one of those sticks, and even after a year and a half I still have trouble, and that's using my hands lol ;)

Well said dude. You will always find idiots online, no matter where you look. I'd like to see the haters try to play using their chin.

Game on Gareth! :)

Soldato
I came into this thread expecting some nondescript moaning about Dead Space 2, it only caught my attention as I bought the first one in Steam Christmas sale.

What a thread I've found...Gareth, you are an absolute wonder and inspiration!

Well done to everyone else as well who have offered support and ideas. It just shows the power of the internet when a thread that was started less than a week ago already has the attention of the big companies and a growing base of support.

Fantastic stuff. :)

Back
Top Bottom