New Top Gear (2011) BBC 2 8PM!

Soldato
Loved last night's episode. That S63 is awesome. When they did the drag race and it overtook the Yugo it was :cool:

However i was annoyed that Clarkson did the whole "the Focus is faster than an M5" thing again. :rolleyes:

But it is before the limiter gets removed or is 155mph limit a thing of the past in unmodified bmw?

Soldato
S63??

There's 4 cylinders worth of difference Gaygle :p Although the S63 is louder and louder is good!
S65! Totally different beast.

Schoolboy error! :o

But it is before the limiter gets removed or is 155mph limit a thing of the past in unmodified bmw?

No, the 155mph limiter still exists.

Indeed Clarkson isn't wrong in what he's said.

No, but what it boils down to is lying by omission. If he wanted to make an accurate statement, he would have mentioned that the M5 had a limiter (or he could have just not mentioned anything about an M5?), but he decided to make a impact statement that, whilst it wasn't wrong, it equally wasn't correct.

Still, good ep, really enjoyed it (Y)

Caporegime
No, but what it boils down to is lying by omission. If he wanted to make an accurate statement, he would have mentioned that the M5 had a limiter (or he could have just not mentioned anything about an M5?), but he decided to make a impact statement that, whilst it wasn't wrong, it equally wasn't correct.

You must be in a state of permanent annoyance when watching Clarkson then, as he does this all the time.

Caporegime

Still, good ep, really enjoyed it (Y)
Not really, because a lot of his "impact statements" are subjective, however, saying a Focus RS is faster than a BMW M5 is just.... wrong.

So now you want him to review a stock Focus RS vs a modified M5?

Soldato
Worst episode of Top Gear I've ever seen, I think the only bit I found entertaining was when Clarkson tried to 'fix' the door. Awful episode, dreadful.

Tend to agree. The Albania thing was just dreary - the Yugo gag was funny for a few minutes but after that you just wished they were actually testing the Bentley. The rest of the "test" was dreary and the chase at the end was just dull. They're getting very lazy these days and seem to have a single "main event" each time which occupies over half the programme. If this is dreary then that's half the programme out the window straight away.

Hammond (although jokingly) made a very valid point about the hatch test - one car that doesn't exist versus two that you can't buy is rather pointless.

Jonathan ******* Ross was the final straw.

Back
Top Bottom