*** ASUS UK P67/H67 swap out details finalised ***

Soldato
Rather than sending an email, I have just phoned them (Asus), and despite ending up at their call centre in Estonia, I actually found myself speaking with a very polite and helpful Welshman!

I explained to him that we expected to be given the option to receive an advance replacement, such as Asus U.S.A. and MSI here in the UK are offering.

He agreed that this was a very reasonable and understandable request, gave me a case number, and said that he would be passing my comments to his manager (in Europe) who will call me back before mid-day on Tuesday.

I am not expecting miracles here, but he did at least sound as if he cared, and didn't try to get rid of me of quickly as possible, as is often the case.

I will post again when I receive the call! ;)

Associate
Nice work m8. Hopefully we will get some sense out of them. But for some reason I can't see them changing that stance on this.

It's a real shame OcUK are also being a pain too!

Soldato
Sure that may be, it is thier choice to make.

I don't think anyone is trying to argue that they don't have a choice in the matter. If Asus believe that leaving their customers without a computer for 7-10 days(+) is the way forward for their business then good for them! Clearly it's going to upset their customers though, and impact on whether or not many of us buy Asus products again in the future.

Most likely they'll change their stance some time next week and meet the service MSI are offering so I don't really find myself worried.

Soldato
If Asus believe that leaving their customers without a computer for 7-10 days(+) is the way forward for their business then good for them!

That is about the same turn around as a normal ASUS RMA though, I do not understand the massive call for special treatment.
You are getting your board swapped out before it becomes faulty (in 99% of cases) in a time window that you have a small amount of control over.

Associate
That is about the same turn around as a normal ASUS RMA though, I do not understand the massive call for special treatment.
You are getting your board swapped out before it becomes faulty (in 99% of cases) in a time window that you have a small amount of control over.

This is not a normal RMA situation. As such any reference to normal RMA schedule as a benchmark is totally irrelevant.

Soldato
Well the retailer I bought the Asus board from (not OCUK sorry, you weren't the cheapest at the time) has said I can return the board for a full refund.

I've therefore just taken delivery of a shiny new Gigabyte P67A-UD4-B3 which I'll install this week and then just send the Asus back. No downtime, aside from the installation itself, and I'll only be out of pocket for my return delivery costs which I can live with for the chance to ditch the Asus board.

Good riddance to bad rubbish IMO. Never buying another Asus product again.

Associate
I've posted on my retailers facebook page to see if they'll step up to let us replace the board directly with them or not. Here's hoping ;(

Associate
Although the Intel chipset problem is not the fault of Asus I think that the non availability of advance replacement or doorstep swap is a poor decision on Asus part. Intel will be picking up the bill. Why did Asus not use this as a means to gain customer support. Bad PR excercise, if you ask me.

As far as the boards are concerned, they may have outsold their competitors by a grand margin but they also have a greater *relative* number of hardware/driver/bios problems. I suspect these boards have been very poorly tested and refined prior to going on sale.

I will not be purchasing Asus next time.

Associate
I now have an official reply from Asus, on the question of offering an advanced swap out:

"Dear customer,

Please be informed that we are not offering an advanced SWAP out option like MSI and Gigabite are doing.

All the information that is available regarding the Asus Sandy bridge recall is found on the link: http://asus.co.uk/sandybridge_swap/

This will also inform you of the process that is offered by Asus UK.
Kind regards
Asus support UK"

Asus you just lost yourself a customer. That is the last time I ever buy, or I ever advise anyone to buy Asus.

Associate
I am another one who will not buy Asus again. MSI and Gigabyte support is in a different class compared to Asus.

As much as i like asus engineering,i am also off from asus just because of this P67 replacement "program",if you can call it like this,very sad thing to be fair.
They gonna loose some amount of customers for this ignorance..
Will think what to do with my P8P67 Pro,i like it,even with all problems,really good board,but probably time for change for me,to long with one mobo maker.
Going Gigabyte or MSI road from now

Associate
Whooa. I have a bit of a result.

The retailer, who would not budge, has finally offered me a refund. They emailed to offer it, I questioned that it was outside 28 days, but today they have given me an RMA number.

This is unusual. I must now find an MSI or Gigabyte B3 asap!

Associate
Well yes I am in the same boat. Bit miffed as I have only had the board for a week and find the little note in the box to say 'this board is gimped, sorry lol'.

Fortunately I have not really yet begun to use the new PC so won't notice the 7-10 'rma' period much. That said, I havent had any contact from Asus since logging my request for replacement.

I have been a loyal Asus customer for my last three PC's (about 7 years) and wouldn't even know which other manufacturer to trust with my mobo honestly. I even have an Asus gfx card this time round.

I can understand their predicament, it's a pity they can't understand ours. Garbage all round frankly.

Associate
I now have an official reply from Asus, on the question of offering an advanced swap out:

"Dear customer,

Please be informed that we are not offering an advanced SWAP out option like MSI and Gigabite are doing.

All the information that is available regarding the Asus Sandy bridge recall is found on the link: http://asus.co.uk/sandybridge_swap/

This will also inform you of the process that is offered by Asus UK.
Kind regards
Asus support UK"

Asus you just lost yourself a customer. That is the last time I ever buy, or I ever advise anyone to buy Asus.

Wow that is really **** to be honest. Why won't they do similiar replacement procedures like MSI and Gigabyte? I don't see the logic, they're only going to **** off a lot of customers who probably won't buy another Asus product like me again.

Doesn't Intel pick up the bill anyway so it's not costing Asus anything, infact they would make more money if people wanted to upgrade to a more expensive board (I wanted to upgrade to a Pro board but that idea is out the window now).

Really annoyed at Asus, I was impressed by their motherboard specs but their customer service is damn right awful.

They won't even do an instant exchange when they pick your board up either, they should at least do that if they're not allowing people to upgrade.

I'm not sure if I'm going to get a replacement, 2 weeks is a bit too long for my liking and I don't even use the faulty SATA ports anyway.

Only reason I wanted to get a replacement is to sell the B3 revision board and buy a MSI/Gigabyte board.

Last edited:
Associate
Not all retailers are doing that, well OCUK didn't allow me to get a refund.

I just wanted a refund so I could buy a MSI or Gigabyte board.

WI popped back here to see what my options are on my P8P67 Pro after building one in early Feb, I am amazed at the anti Asus posts, I can't believe this is all Asus owners, mine is running flawless, it can overclock so easy, and don't really want to go through the hassle of swapping it but I feel I better do it while I can.
Can anyone confirm we can't get a refund from OCUK? if I but another MB yes Asus again as I believe they have the best R&D and tech dept of all MB manufacturers, so a few have had hicups thats the same every new chipset, and I've been building PC's for over 20 years, that how I learnt most of the time Asus get it right straight away. I wish I could have waited 6 months for the new SB design to settle and be refined, all of them will be absolute by the end of the year!
Although no advance swap out is crap, but are all the others def doing this I couldn't see any mention on the Gigabyte web page. I mean they will have to hold some kind of payment until they get the defective board back.

I wonder what our rights are with OCUK, couldn't we get a refund on an RMA? or is that within 30days.

Associate
Afternoon,

I provided Asus with my details via the Swap form they have on their website, but in honesty I’m not best pleased with the swap process they have in place, why can’t they provide advanced replacements like the other manufactures?

Never the less, yesterday evening I emailed the retailer I purchased my P8P67 Pro from stating I wasn’t happy with the process Asus have in place and asked what my options were with them. This morning I received two emails from the retailer, the first was a standard RMA acceptance, and the second was a more personalised email asking for address details so they could send their courier to collect.

At this point I’m unsure if I shall be receiving a replacement or a refund (the mobo was part of combo deal, so not sure how a refund would work), but I’m pretty certain after the shocking customer service Asus have provided it’s UK customers I don’t want to be using an Asus motherboard anymore.

I shall now go in search of a new motherboard and install that in my PC before I arrange collection.

Back
Top Bottom