*** ASUS UK P67/H67 swap out details finalised ***

Associate
Lucky you indeed. I am still waiting after my submission for a swap on Saturday. A guy at work rang them, and got his collected yesterday, but when I used the number today to see what the f++k was going on, there was only options for sales and tech. support, both of which would have more than likely have been pointless. I'll give it another few days. The most annoying thing is that my motherboard is knackered, and not just the intel problem, so I have been stuck on my laptop for the last 2 and a bit months, with parts just gathering dust, and losing value. :mad:

Associate
So there is no way to get a refund from OCUK for this? I do not want to be without pc for more than a few hours and this is just silly. Gonna buy the UD4 but would rather not have to have the hassle of selling the B3 board when I get it.

Soldato
Lucky you indeed. I am still waiting after my submission for a swap on Saturday. A guy at work rang them, and got his collected yesterday, but when I used the number today to see what the f++k was going on, there was only options for sales and tech. support, both of which would have more than likely have been pointless. I'll give it another few days. The most annoying thing is that my motherboard is knackered, and not just the intel problem, so I have been stuck on my laptop for the last 2 and a bit months, with parts just gathering dust, and losing value. :mad:

If you only submitted your details last Saturday, and they are processing them in order of receipt, then I guess you will have to wait a bit longer for a replacement, which is a bit of a pain I know.

I am not trying to rub it in, or anything like that, but for the record my 'old' board was indeed collected by UPS at 4:30 pm this afternoon, and the driver reckons that it will be some time during the afternoon on Tuesday when he will deliver the replacement... assuming of course that Asus do manage to ship it out on Monday.

The chap I am dealing with there seems very helpful, but I will be checking with him at lunch time, just to be sure! :)

Associate
If you only submitted your details last Saturday, and they are processing them in order of receipt, then I guess you will have to wait a bit longer for a replacement, which is a bit of a pain I know.

I am not trying to rub it in, or anything like that, but for the record my 'old' board was indeed collected by UPS at 4:30 pm this afternoon, and the driver reckons that it will be some time during the afternoon on Tuesday when he will deliver the replacement... assuming of course that Asus do manage to ship it out on Monday.

The chap I am dealing with there seems very helpful, but I will be checking with him at lunch time, just to be sure! :)
I suppose my main gripe was that OC just fobbed off the problem to Asus, even though my motherboard was plain and simple goosed. I didn't even know about the Asus swap program until I asked if I could try and get another board, instead of eventually offloading the old one. "Ohh no", says OCUk. "Because the order is so old, all you can do is fill in the form provided by the link below". "What", I says. "You told me to hold off on sending the board back when I told you it was bolloxed last January. ". Does anyone have an aproximate "Sent form, got response, shipped goosed board, got new board" timeline. Will I be waiting till the end of time for these guys to get back to me? I dont know about you, but surely to christ it's not a time consuming thing to send an email saying "Hey. Can we confirm the address you will be using for collection" or some sort. Not leaving me hanging.
PS. Motherboard problems are reduced by 68% when one speaks in the 3rd person. FACT.

Associate
So it looks like I have a few options:

1. Get the board swapped, be without a computer for up to 2 weeks
2. Keep the board and use the none faulty ports but risk not being able to sell it later
3. Get a replacement, sell the B3 revision somehow and purchase a different board

Is there no way to get a refund for my board from OCUK or Asus? Surely there must be a way around it, I definitely want a different board but don't want to be without a computer for up to 2 weeks..or have the hassle of selling the B3 board.

Last edited:
Associate
Is there no way to get a refund for my board from OCUK or Asus?
Seems that way. I think it is safe to say, "Wait a few months before buying a newly released Motherboard" has been learned by a few people (at least, I hope it has). It would also appear that a few people have learned "Nuts to buying from ASUS" as well....

Soldato
Seems that way. I think it is safe to say, "Wait a few months before buying a newly released Motherboard" has been learned by a few people (at least, I hope it has). It would also appear that a few people have learned "Nuts to buying from ASUS" as well....

Learned my lesson now but it wont be just the board the cpu as well until we know theres no problems.

Associate
I filled out the form at Asus website for the sandy bridge B3 swap program about 2 weeks ago & still heard nothing from Asus.

Now all of a sudden im getting BSOD's. I haven't seen one of those in years!

When i check the event log I see this critical error:-

kernel power event 41

This only just started happening today.

Last edited:
Soldato
So there is no way to get a refund from OCUK for this? I do not want to be without pc for more than a few hours and this is just silly. Gonna buy the UD4 but would rather not have to have the hassle of selling the B3 board when I get it.
lol man are you serious? You can't be without a PC for "more than a few hours" ?

Associate
lol man are you serious? You can't be without a PC for "more than a few hours" ?

Yeah. Come on man. If I can survive for over two months, I think you can deal with even a day or two (I would hardly consider the thing I am currently on a computer really.):p

Soldato
I've still not decided what i'm going to do yet. I can get a Giga UD4 for the same as i got my P8P67 Pro for from the retailer I used so its an option.

Soldato
Asus swap out update!

I have again spoken directly with Asus U.K. this morning, and what they are now planning to do is to email all affected customers, and to 'send' them a return courier address label.

The customer will then contact UPS directly when their 'old' board is ready for collection, and Asus still aim to send out a replacement on the same day as they receive the return, which will normally be the next weekday after the collection.

My board was signed for by them at 10:15 am today, so it looks as if they get an early delivery, which all helps. Other than not being offered an advance replacement I am very pleased indeed with the personalised service I have received from them so far.

I am sure it will take them a few days to implement the new process, but that's what I have been told will happen! :)

Last edited:
Permabanned
Indeed i registered a long time ago still not heard anything but conf email.

Are OCUK having nothing to do with this then? Ideally id like to send it back for refund and just get a new board with some other stuff i wanted to order.

Last edited:
Associate
Indeed i registered a long time ago still not heard anything but conf email.

Are OCUK having nothing to do with this then? Ideally id like to send it back for refund and just get a new board with some other stuff i wanted to order.

I raised a web ticket and was directed to the Asus swap website, so i don't think they are getting involved.

Associate
Gave up waiting for Asus to do their stuff so I sent my Asus mobo back to the retailer. They refunded it and I got an MSI B3 motherboard next day. (It should have been same day but they forgot to send my new board when they collected the old one. Never mind though.) All done and dusted as far as I'm concerned.

Associate
Yeah bit disapointed by overclockers on this, I also got given a link to Asus website. Considering by law it is their responsibility to sort this out. Tbh, I'm just going to wait till Z68, buy 1 of them. Then sort out a replacement B3 then sell the returned B3 as unused and hopefully get a decent price for it.

Back
Top Bottom