*** The Official HTC Desire (Bravo) Thread! ***

Soldato
just posted this on Android forums but wondered if any of you knew the answer. I've updated from LeeDroid 2.2f to 2.3d and seem to have lost the HTC Sense Contacts list? All I now have is "people" which isn't as feature rich, you can't link the contacts to their relevant FB, Twitter profile etc.

Soldato
Right then hoping someone can help with this. I used Unrevoked a while back and put on AmonRa on as my recovery image and everything was fine and dandy. I wanted to update it to the latest version (no real reason, but why not :D) but depending on how I enter recovery mode I seem to go into either AmonRa or ClockwordMod.

I thought I kind of understood this stuff but this is puzzling me. I'm not really bothered what recovery image I use, so hoping someone can explain why this is happening and if it needs changing (and best way to flash a recovery image).

If I reboot into recovery by pressing the power putton, choosing reboot and then recovery I go into AmonRa 1.7.0.1-R5. If I go into ROM Manager it says my current recovery is ClockworkMod 2.5.0.7 and if I choose reboot into recovery from inside ROM Manager I go into ClockworkMod.

So have I bust something and if so how do I resolve it?

Associate
Right then hoping someone can help with this. I used Unrevoked a while back and put on AmonRa on as my recovery image and everything was fine and dandy. I wanted to update it to the latest version (no real reason, but why not :D) but depending on how I enter recovery mode I seem to go into either AmonRa or ClockwordMod.

I thought I kind of understood this stuff but this is puzzling me. I'm not really bothered what recovery image I use, so hoping someone can explain why this is happening and if it needs changing (and best way to flash a recovery image).

If I reboot into recovery by pressing the power putton, choosing reboot and then recovery I go into AmonRa 1.7.0.1-R5. If I go into ROM Manager it says my current recovery is ClockworkMod 2.5.0.7 and if I choose reboot into recovery from inside ROM Manager I go into ClockworkMod.

So have I bust something and if so how do I resolve it?

Can't help by clarifying things, but I'd warn you not to install anything via Clockwork if you have AmonRa installed. I flashed a ROM via Clockwork for the first time in months a couple of weeks ago and ended up with a USB brick. Managed to sort it in the end but just stick to AmonRa now, have uninstalled ROM Manager altogether now.

Soldato
just posted this on Android forums but wondered if any of you knew the answer. I've updated from LeeDroid 2.2f to 2.3d and seem to have lost the HTC Sense Contacts list? All I now have is "people" which isn't as feature rich, you can't link the contacts to their relevant FB, Twitter profile etc.

just re sync? they are google contacts right?

Soldato
ive just flashed the latest miui rom, well i flashed it earlier today to find out id flashed an old 2.2 froyo one, just reflashed 2.3 ginger one and its looking quite nice, bit weird at first but its kinda like having a new phone :)

Associate
Ok so i finally got sick of my Desire saying 'low disc memory, you suck' (ok maybe not the last part :D) but i gotta get this Apps2SD+ ...technically thats all i want but a few websites say its a lot easier to root/install an image with it pre-installed.

So i was gonna use this web site as it seemed quite clear: http://www.broadbandgenie.co.uk/blog/20101019-how-root-htc-desire

I have some issues....no way i can lose by sms message, paid for apps, contacts. Anyone recomend a backup program for a non-root'ed phone before i start?

Im bricking my self about bricking my phone :D

Soldato
follow khaaans root thread, you wont lose any paid apps as they are linked to your account, as for backups titanium backup or my backup pro will do. i also use a free program called 'myphoneexplorer' which will let you back up sms msg's although the above two progs will do that. as for contacts i strongly recommend you convert them into 'gmail contacts' and they are safe for life, as what good is a backup on yoru phone if you lose your phone. ....... hope this reads ok as im hanging this morning!

Khaaan!'s guide

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18195985

Associate
Thanks Jimlad, turns out its was the ADB driver, it wasnt installed because i've never used HTC Sync on my PC. Anyway, all root'ed.

Just got to decide what ROM to use with A2SD+ .....Presume LeeDroid has A2SD+ built in?

I have a 8GB SD card with 2GB internal memory setup (as in 6GB FAT32 & 2GB in the other format for apps).... Read on a forum anything over 750MB could 'cause problems' but that was Aug 10 ....dont know if thats still the case?

I can always re-size it but wondered because i can walk into work now all like "yeah yeah, rootin was well easy dawg":D

Back
Top Bottom