Show us your drawings/artwork

Soldato
The thread idea has been suggested a few times before and questions often pop up here and there, I thought I'd give it a punt. Out of 77k members, there must be a few amateurs/professionals/hobbyists/interested. :)

Just a general sketchbook thread for sharing work, ideas, links, advice and processes. Medium tips, both traditional and digital. All types of artwork allowed, of course.

Let's see if this takes off, we're all trying to improve and everyone has to start somewhere! So pick up a pencil and join in!

A couple of sketches from me to begin with:

knight_rendering.jpg

raiden3.jpg

milla.jpg

Soldato
l play along, gives me an opportunity to post a few recent images I've been working on.
4c7eea511fa02.jpg
4da09a3662b40.jpg
4d53d22104d22.jpg
4cf3c10b38023.jpg

Sorry about the image size, i really couldnt be bothered to resie them down to 600px.
If its a problem then I will.
I have many more.

ljt

ljt

Soldato
I'm just getting red crosses Chronic?

Loving the Knight Shifty, love the style and the texture of the painting!

I havent drawn for over 10 years and recently started again, but recently bought my first graphics tablet, so just getting used to that at the moment. I'm still on a steep learning curve, but thoroughly enjoying it again and forgot what a buzz it was working on a painting. I started my own thread here about my first experience http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18264446

Here is my first drawing in over 10 years and my first one using a graphics tablet, I used a photo as a reference, took about 15 hours in total;

kate_fin.jpg

Soldato
OP
I'm just getting red crosses Chronic?

Loving the Knight Shifty, love the style and the texture of the painting!

I havent drawn for over 10 years and recently started again, but recently bought my first graphics tablet, so just getting used to that at the moment. I'm still on a steep learning curve, but thoroughly enjoying it again and forgot what a buzz it was working on a painting. I started my own thread here about my first experience http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18264446

Here is my first drawing in over 10 years and my first one using a graphics tablet, I used a photo as a reference, took about 15 hours in total;

Jeez 15 hours? Endurance! Excellent job, though especially for your first drawing in 10 years. Most notable points are the subtle shading and details in the eyes, lips and dress! How'd you manage to get the texture in the dress? Did you draw it all by hand? :eek:

A tip for proportions: If you're using Photoshop, use the free transform tool with warp mode turned on, that'll allow you to put certain things into a more accurate shape.

ljt

ljt

Soldato
lol it was split over the course of a week though! I got addicted to jumping straight on after work. There are loads of points wrong with it as people have rightly pointed out, such as the skewed perspective.

I used a program called Gimp 2, which I hadn't used before as I don't have photoshop, I don't know if Gimp has that same type of tool as photoshop? I'm still getting used to using Gimp as well.

I just used the standard brushes in Gimp, I think the one was called "Galaxy AP" for the main body of the dress which I just changed the size and colour for to give it the texture. Everything else was just using the standard feathered paintbrush in various sizes. There might have been an easier way but I don't know my way around Gimp yet lol

Back
Top Bottom