Laser eye treatment - who's done it?

Associate
As much as I would love to have the surgery done and ditch my glasses I just dont think I could. It took me absolutely ages to be able to stick my finger in my eye to wear contacts for goodness sake... what a wuss lol!

Associate
I am the same :p

When i first started looking into laser eye surger (few years ago) and the only procedure available was to have an actual scalpul (sp?) cut the flap in your eye. I stopped looking into it there and then :)

But i'm 30 , wearing glasses since i was about 10 and figured its about time i man up and get my eyes sorted.

I generally cant wear contacts, tried all different kinds but they irritate my eyes. Wearing glasses annoys me, worst times are events such as go-karting, paintballing etc where you have to wear a helmet + glasses :/

Associate
I am the same :p

When i first started looking into laser eye surger (few years ago) and the only procedure available was to have an actual scalpul (sp?) cut the flap in your eye. I stopped looking into it there and then :)

But i'm 30 , wearing glasses since i was about 10 and figured its about time i man up and get my eyes sorted.

I generally cant wear contacts, tried all different kinds but they irritate my eyes. Wearing glasses annoys me, worst times are events such as go-karting, paintballing etc where you have to wear a helmet + glasses :/

Well let me know how it goes please. I really want to do it, just not sure I can face it. How the bloody hell can you sit still while someone is messing about with you eye like that :eek:

Hope it goes well for you!

Associate
Going to book a consultation with Optical Express, I really hope the quote they give me for the cost of the surgery won't be too much though ;\

Caporegime
OP
Going to book a consultation with Optical Express, I really hope the quote they give me for the cost of the surgery won't be too much though ;\

Their prices are on their site so you can 'brace' yourself!

Mine is £2100, but I've spent nearly double that on glasses and contacts since I've been wearing them so it's saving me money in the long run! :)

Associate
As much as I would love to have the surgery done and ditch my glasses I just dont think I could. It took me absolutely ages to be able to stick my finger in my eye to wear contacts for goodness sake... what a wuss lol!
I could never get a contact in my eye, they would water as soon as I got close. Laser surgery is a lot easier than wearing contact lenses.

It (the procedure) really is the biggest anti-climax ever. When you get it done you'll know what I mean.

Worth every penny too.

ps hope everything goes swimmingly Phate

Associate
Just had a quote from Optical express, and for my prescription of -3.75 per eye with the left having astigmatism, it will cost £3490!! 'avin a laugh. I will have to take a trip to Focus clinic and see what they say. And maybe the London vision clinic too.

Associate
The optometrist told me the prices have been rising over time and the best time to get it was 4 years ago (ironically that was when I first considered getting it and even bought glasses I could wear in the week before the treatment since I only wore contacts at the time). She said during the recession they have even raised the prices since demand is so high.

Soldato
Just had a quote from Optical express, and for my prescription of -3.75 per eye with the left having astigmatism, it will cost £3490!! 'avin a laugh. I will have to take a trip to Focus clinic and see what they say. And maybe the London vision clinic too.

Shop around and dont be afraid to let them know the price you are prepared to pay, i had the same prescription with an astigmatism in one and didnt get ripped off.

Soldato
Good luck Phate,

Looking forward to hearing how you get on.

I've had to wear glasses since I was 5, contacts since I was 14 and I'm now 25.

I will get lasered soon but saving for a house deposit seems to be taking priority at the moment. Coupled with the fact that my girlfriend has gone back to uni so I'm currently the sole bread winner. She's also said that she want's to be working again before I do it so that if anything goes wrong and I end up blind she can support me. :p

Back
Top Bottom