Who here owns a Fiesta ST?

Soldato
Doing your superT's?

I still keep toying with the idea of going back to standard wheels but I don't think they would fit over the brakes, even with spacers.

It's driving me around the bend haha.

Would be doing my standard alloys. Think i'm going to put the idea on hold though. Want to get some factory style tints and it lowered first. Splashing out £80 on this paint is a bit too much at the moment. May as well put it towards getting them powder coated.

Think i may has a go at cleaning my throttle body too! Looks easy enough to do also.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Rybo89 - I see that you have a cold air feed. Where have you situated that?

They was both pretty easy to fit. I left the air resonator brackets in place and just ripped out the resonator box. So then i had something to wrap the tie wraps around to keep the cold feeds nicely in place.

Also pierced holes on the end of the cold feeds so i could tie wrap them to the lower grill, just under the radiator.:

2011-07-07091809-1.jpg

They work really well there aswell.

Will get some better pictures later of it.

Soldato
Theres where my cold air feed pipe goes, only problem was I had to trim off loads of clips from the front bumper for the intercooler to fit and guess what, the cold air feed for the mountune kit attaches to one of those clips!

Managed to secure it another way last night and it seems to of done the trick. You certainly notice it on a warm day though.

Soldato
One thing that puts me off just getting a 57i is how ugly it looks in the engine bay. I think i'd probably get the mountune CAIS and even leave the standard airbox in situ above the engine block.

Soldato
Would be doing my standard alloys. Think i'm going to put the idea on hold though. Want to get some factory style tints and it lowered first. Splashing out £80 on this paint is a bit too much at the moment. May as well put it towards getting them powder coated.

Think i may has a go at cleaning my throttle body too! Looks easy enough to do also.

Have you found out what offset your OZ's are yet :p

Soldato
By the way, anyone who has the 'starting' issue with there car, where it won't start sometimes until you poke the accelerator, then take your car to Ford and get them to install the latest ECU map on it.

Mine was an 06 plate and this happened quite a bit when I bought the car. Still happened even after the custom map from JamSport however when the charger kit was taken off and Pumabuild flashed the ECU back to standard, the issue has completely gone!

Associate
One thing that puts me off just getting a 57i is how ugly it looks in the engine bay. I think i'd probably get the mountune CAIS and even leave the standard airbox in situ above the engine block.

Yeah, that's exactly what I've done with mine. The standard airbox at least looks nice in the engine bay, even if it serves no other purpose once you've upgraded your air filter.

Soldato
OP

It is still a must! Opens the engine up so much better, better acceleration, better response, O and sounds awesome.

Im not a fan of silly exhausts what make silly sounds but the K&N 57i makes a brilliant noise :)

Associate
Well Im looking to get a flexi pipe. Meant to make the car feel better to drive. Seen a nice one for less than a £100. An induction kit of some sort is a must on a ST. The noise is better when you floor it and seems to make the car better mpg wise.

Soldato
Have you found out what offset your OZ's are yet :p

They're in storage but i'm off to the place where they're stored today so i'll have a look for you! :)

Not had any problems starting mine. Only ever missed a beat once when i started the car and turned it off straight away then left it overnight.

What effect did the 57i have on your insurance? Depending on Rich's review of the Mountune CAIS i may get one of those. When i had a 57i on my old zetec for a bit it was nice that it wasn't loud all the time and only when you were feeling a bit spirited!

How are you finding the car since cleaning your throttle body?

Also interested in getting a flexi pipe. Just don't want to be taken as a mug for spending over £100 for what is just a larger flexi pipe. Anyone got a milltek/mongoose flexi? Any noticeable gains? Hard to fit?

Soldato
OP
What effect did the 57i have on your insurance? Depending on Rich's review of the Mountune CAIS i may get one of those. When i had a 57i on my old zetec for a bit it was nice that it wasn't loud all the time and only when you were feeling a bit spirited!

How are you finding the car since cleaning your throttle body?

Had no effect on my insurance. Yeah the K&N 57i kit is brilliant, very quiet, well unless you are putting foot down and going over 3500 revs.

I cannot really comment on the Throttle body yet mate as i have to run it in for about 150-200 miles before the ECU adjusts to it.

Associate
No its not milltek its another popular make but not a lot of people know that this company makes one for a Fiesta. Im not going to say what it is cause I want to be different.

Associate
No its not milltek its another popular make but not a lot of people know that this company makes one for a Fiesta. Im not going to say what it is cause I want to be different.

Eh?

All flexi's perform the same, what's different about yours apart from the name?

Associate
Nothing is different just the brand name is. Its not mongoose either. Im not saying its going to be better or works any differently either. Just saying that the part is a lot cheaper than a milltek and mongoose and might become popular which I dont want to happen.

Back
Top Bottom