Red Orchestra (2) : Heroes of Stalingrad

Associate
The first was quite a hardcore tactical shooter, but fairley fast paced. This game requires teamwork to win, you simply can't win without it.
Tripwire claimed to have made this more "accessible" for those who couldn't really get into the first game, but to be honest the first was epic and I loved the CoD series up until it died in 2007. :D

Teamplay is what I am after. I'll be keeping a close eye on this.

Associate
Was there an S&D (obj) mode in RO1?

What do clans play?

In RO1 it was based on playing 4 x rounds, i.e. your home map where you attacked and defended and the oppositions map where you did the same. Total of 8 points available, 2 per map.

There are a number of different MP modes as far as I understand are:

Territory Mode: This is the original gamemode that made Red Orchestra famous. Attack, Hold and Defend objectives within the set timelimit, or until one side runs out of reinforments.

Countdown Mode: Countdown mode is a single life gametype that is governed by a short countdown timer. Players will have to attack or defend a series of objectives, but with only one life per objective. If the attackers capture the objective, all players respawn and move to the next objective. If they do not capture the objective before the timer expires, they lose. Maps will have "key objectives" which when taken will allow the attacking team a single respawn on a later failed capture.

Firefight Mode: Red Orchestra's version of team deathmatch. This mode has no class limits.

Multiplayer Campaign Mode: The campaign map is divided into 10 smaller maps. The players vote which map to attack, and can decide how much of their Combat Power they want to use on the attack. Each campaign can last a maximum of 4 hours.

Co-op Campaign Mode: The singleplayer campaign can be played with a friend/friends.

Skirmish Mode: This mode can be played online and offline. You get three fire teams of three members each. Fire team members can be made up of human players or AI. The goal is to 'clear' the map of enemy AI. It can be compared to Terrorist Hunt mode in the Rainbow Six games.

The above is shamelessly copied from a post on the TWI forums.

Associate
Pre-ordered & talked to our server tech about having enough bandwidth & cores available.

"Yup" was his reply.

Being a New Zealander, he's odd at times :p

Caporegime
too me it looks like the original cods which could be awesome with todays graphics but its the mp and gameplay .

thing is with this game its not got the biggest fps player base and bf3 and mw3 are soon so if its so so it will sink like a rock.

still no decent videos even though its like 3 weeks till release . this doesnt give me the hope or will to purchase it .

Back
Top Bottom