*** The Official Nokia Lumia 710 Thread ***

Associate
Anyone know if the PAYG version is actually locked to vodafone, went to a store and they some for £150 £10 top up but if you have any vodafone number he said he could waive the top up.

Associate
Anyone know if the PAYG version is actually locked to vodafone, went to a store and they some for £150 £10 top up but if you have any vodafone number he said he could waive the top up.

It depends if it's a true PAYG one or a contract one which they are selling as PAYG.

If it's contract then it's unlocked. Not all of the stores will sell the contract one as PAYG thought.

I guess you could ask? I've been looking at unlocking and it seems it can be done cheap but you invalidate your warranty.

Caporegime
Woman in the Vodafone shop said they unlock for £20, but as I posted earlier or in the 800 thread some one on GiffGaff forum said you might be able to get them unlocked for free if you speak to Vodafone's PAYG team.

Associate
second store i've been to claimed no stock and not able to sell contract stock.

on the HDUK site someone has posted that an internal note has been sent round advising them to stop selling contract phones as payg.

annoying. will just have to wait until it's on payg and try and unlock it.

Associate
Sorry to be cheeky but does anyone have a vodafone number they can trust me so I can get one of these without paying the extra £10 topup?

Cheers!

Associate
Finally got my hands on one of these. Went with o2 in the end as they had it for £200 with a £20 voucher and £5 cashback.

Have to say i'm dead impressed. When i first saw the shots of this device it looked like the Lumia 800's ugly sister - it really isn't. It looks and feels great and having the different back covers is a nice touch.

Operationally i am blown away by Windows Phone OS. It is lightning fast to navigate between menus and apps and the built-in integration of contacts works really well.

I've yet test out the camera or look into the appstore so will probably give a more detailed review in time.

:D

Associate
Had a nightmare with vodafone today trying to get one online the payment wouldnt go through saying it was my end when my bank said it was fine, they then told me to go instore to get and they were demanding £155 + £10 topup. I refused as would have needed the £20 unlock fee as well.

O2 have it for £189.99 and refuse to price match and them whilst trying to sell my a fail contract and offered me worse / the same upgrade as a new contract i eventually got a £5 off per month for a simplicity sim.

TLDR - Vodafone payment wouldnt work no instore price match, O2 refused to budge on price and offer poor upgrade paths. Got it from o2 anyway.

Last edited:
Associate
I just saw the Voda one available online - was waiting for about 3 weeks before caving and going with o2!

Still i'm with GiffGaff so this way i don't need to pay to get it unlocked. If anyone is looking at this device the Vodafone deal is really good as it also comes with a 6 month Zune pass which from what i hear is pretty good.

Back
Top Bottom