*** The Official Nokia Lumia 710 Thread ***

Soldato
I am so far very very impressed with it. The speech recognition even for a fife accent is amazing can say a lengthy text message with no issues will be fantastic for my gran who will take a while to grasp the touch keyboard

Soldato
Hey,

Considering getting one of these for my mum as a present; she had a play with my work phone (Optimus 7) and really liked the OS, but felt it was too heavy. Wouldn't want her to get Android as I think WP7 is far more stable and simpler for her to use - this phone is a pretty awesome deal.

This looks perfect - my only concerns are over battery life with the 1300mAh battery... fairly low capacity?

Cheers,

Suman

Soldato
OP
Hey,

Considering getting one of these for my mum as a present; she had a play with my work phone (Optimus 7) and really liked the OS, but felt it was too heavy. Wouldn't want her to get Android as I think WP7 is far more stable and simpler for her to use - this phone is a pretty awesome deal.

This looks perfect - my only concerns are over battery life with the 1300mAh battery... fairly low capacity?

Cheers,

Suman

On battery saver with very light use I get 3 days easy.

I would say 2 days otherwise.

Soldato
Ok cool... battery saver just turns off all background data and stuff, right?

Is there anywhere to buy the white version apart from P4U? Their phone only price is still £300, lol :confused:

Soldato
OP
The ones from CPW and mobiles.co.uk are unlocked too. Price seems to be exclusive to them at the minute.

Of course they will be unlocked, you are not buying them directly from an operator. Only if you buy them from an actual operator will they be locked.

My dad wants one now as well, lol - white for mom, black for dad, maybe :D

How readily available are the coloured back plates?

As far as I'm aware you get one in the box, but I may be wrong. All depends where you buy them from.

Soldato
When you replied to Sumanji, I assumed when you said, " P4U one will be unlocked. That's why." You were referring to £300 being the unlocked price, which it isn't.

Associate
I've been trying to decide for a while now what smart phone to get. The pay as you go deal from mobile.co.uk has swayed me to get the 710. Brilliant price. Unfortunately the deal is so popular, they are out of stock and you've got to wait 7 days for delivery. I don't mind though :)

Soldato
Got one yesterday from CPW. They confirmed it is unlocked, so I have total freedom as to what to put in here after I exhaust the minutes on the PAYG SIM card it came with.

Soldato
Can be had now for £119.99 instore at CPW as a PAYG upgrade, providing you have a PAYG sim from one of the major networks thats at least 6 months old and shows records of a top-up.

May have to borrow my mum's Orange PAYG sim and take a dander in!

Caporegime
Ok cool... battery saver just turns off all background data and stuff, right?

Is there anywhere to buy the white version apart from P4U? Their phone only price is still £300, lol :confused:

It also means you can't surf the web etc without turning it on again. At least that's what appears to happen on my Omnia 7.

Associate
Can be had now for £119.99 instore at CPW as a PAYG upgrade, providing you have a PAYG sim from one of the major networks thats at least 6 months old and shows records of a top-up.

May have to borrow my mum's Orange PAYG sim and take a dander in!

I got one this afternoon from CPW in Hull, they upgraded my O2 payg account for me with no problems or grumbles at all. I am just waiting for my O2 number to me migrated over to a new micro sim card. I went onto the O2 online and got a guru/advisor to speed up the migration.

It feels totally different to my Android phone, going to be a bit of learning curve me thinks.

Soldato
Speaking of O2 - I currently have a full size O2 SIM in another phone. The person at CPW said that if I went into the O2 shop they would give me a micro-sim free of charge, and move the number over ? Does that sound right ?

Back
Top Bottom