PASSED today!

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
That Fazer looks Mint, At 10k it's just been run in for you. :D

All I'd say is check the paperwork & frame & chassis numbers & get it HPI'ed make sure it hasn't been in an accident at any time.

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
Another thing I would say is take somebody with you, I recently bought my bike with 13700 miles on it & Yes it was Mint to me the first time I saw it & the 2nd, 3rd, 4th but once I'd had it a week or so & had lost my rose tinted glasses I saw the bits & bobs that needed picking up, Nowt big fortunately but I'm sure you know what I mean.
When I took my bike around to show my mates they all spotted the bits & bobs as soon as I pulled up. :)

Associate
OP
Funny you say that. I just went to the dealers website and clicked a link to their online store which sent me to fleabay...

They seem to be more of a parts broker. Then I noticed they had loads of used FZS600 parts and I am now wondering if the bike was crashed and rebuilt by these guys and the bike was never declared to have been in an accident.

Associate
OP
Hmmm 'take you time' is the qoute of the day me thinks!

The long search begins haha!

I will go to local dealers and sit on a few bikes. The Triumph garage in Woburn was brilliant, very friendly so I will pop in tomorow to see if they have any trade bargins coming lol.

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
A long search it is, I must have looked at a few hundred bikes in all & still think I may have bought the wrong bike. :p
Having said that if I had bought any other bike apart from a sport bike then I would still want a sport bike, Now I've owned one & done 750 miles in a couple of weeks on it I now know a different kind of bike would be more suitable. No bother though as I bought well & will either swap it for something else or stick with it as it is an awesome bike, Don't know how long my license or my body will last if I keep it though. :o

Associate
OP
haha 4T5! You are in the battle of who will be broken first with your own bike!

Ok insurance question time!

Is it worth going Fully comp on a bike valued at £2500? How big a difference does Full to Third Fire theft make?

I have been looking it up my searching is failing!
EDIT:
DOH!

I am on comparethemeerkat and they explain it very clearly lol. Fully comp I think it is for me!

Last edited:

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
Cost me just under 200 quid TPFT ZX7R valued @ 2350 or 440 fully comp. I went with the 200 quid which is laughable for summit that does 0 - 60 in 3 seconds & tops out at 169mph. :p
Sports touring type bikes were down to 130 - 140's TPFT.

Associate
OP
Caporegime
fully comp you will get all your damage fixed,fairings ect whether its your fault or not,third party fire n theft you wont get anything if its your fault,and nothing if some yobs decide to vandalize your machine ect

£150 here on a zx10r

the way the insurance firms try to dodge paying out id go for third party fire n theft anyway but its up to you

Soldato
I went TPFT, as my bike was only £1800, I'm new to biking, so if I claimed in this first year I'll be raped every other year for Insurance, so I figured, if I come off or whatever, I'll just pay for damage myself or flog etc... I got Eric for £138 TPFT compared to £260 Full Comp. Once again, not bad for some passed test two weeks ago on a 160mph bike lol.

VoG

VoG

Soldato
Ooo nice find arctine!

But one of my fav bikes is this....

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201220471836959/sort/default/usedbikes/cc-to/700cc/maximum-mileage/up_to_10000_miles/cc-from/600cc/model/gsf/make/suzuki/page/1/postcode/mk130ey/radius/60?logcode=p#dealerProfileSection

I know but its sooo nice:D And its only 1 hour from me so i will get the train over tomorrow to look at it.

Full comp insurance is £640. Not too bad. TpFT was under £350!

For that kinda money, your into face lift Bandit 650 territory. clicky clicky

Back
Top Bottom