PASSED today!

VoG

VoG

Soldato
So now I have to research which alarm/imb to get and see how much a protection kit is.

I did the insurance quotes on compare the meercats place and it was Hastings that offered the best deal and was wondering if its worth calling up and asking them what bike alarm they recommend?

Ive used both Datatool & Meta alarm/imobilisers over the years, in fact, the Meta M357T-V2 is a Suzuki reccomended alarm/imobiliser for the Bandit, tis also Thatcham approved Cat1.

As for your crash bungs/crash bars, eithers good, good solid bungs will set you back almost as much as crash bars, what ever you go for, don't penny pinch as poor quality engine protectors won't help you in the slightest if you drop it.

Associate
OP
Hey guys.

Ok I have been on the Suzuki website and they do the engine bars for £120 and the Meta Cat 1 alarm for £180 and MOT is what about £40 quid, Tax is £80 but how much is a normal service at a garage for a 650 bandit. My google skills are rubbish today!

So its going to be £420 plus whatever the service costs are and labour for the alarm and bars, I will ring the garage on wednesday to see if they will quote me but if you have a few hints as to the costs I am facing please let me know!;)

Ps I don't think I could even hold a GL1800 upright at a set of lights!

VoG

VoG

Soldato
Hang on a min, why are you MOT'ing & taxing the bike, it does say in the ad that he'll T & T the bike for the right price, you did go & see it & hammer a deal out didn't you?.

Associate
OP
Have not seen the bike, going on saturday with a van and just praying it is a deal.

The reason I want to MOT etc is that I have never done it before and want to get on the learning curve for doing these things plus I would not be able to ride the bike home as I finish work at 3am saturday and will be leaving my house at 5am so it will either be redbull (yuck!) or sleep in the van.

Ps I have been on the phone to him and he said he will hold it for me. He has a dealer trying to get it from him for something like £2150.

Last edited:

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
VoG is right mate you should be picking the bike up with a years MOT on it as there are countless things it could fail on that would not only be beyond you but also expensive. If you get it with an MOT at least you know it's just about right, Anything major safety wise you have the New MOT to fall back on.
As you are speaking to him on the phone you should say that you're coming down with cash & a van to have a deal so could he service it & MOT it ready for a deal on Saturday, He won't mind if he thinks you're genuine & if he does there's summit moody about the bike.

I say all this as I want you to get the right bike mate, Trust me I know all about getting the wrong one. :o + :p

Soldato
Ooopss sorry guys, I must have read of the sticker wrong on the frame. All I seen was 400 on it and just assumed weight of the bike (facepalm). Its a suzuki sv 650s k2. Sorry again, big fail from me :(

Back
Top Bottom