PASSED today!

Soldato
Ok rang the guy about the 2007 Blue Bandit and he is going to hold it for me, hpi check done, loan paper work enroute, van rental no worries.

Just got to get that loan money and roll on next saturday!

Nice man, great bikes.

PLEASE change that can though :p

Associate
OP
I know the can is horrid but its staying until i get 1 years NCB.

Speaking of insurance I can get it for £400 TpFT with breakdown cover, legal cover and lid / gear cover or its £800 fully comp with the same addons.

Excess on TpFT is £250 and fully comp is £350 both based on 6k miles pa and no pillion with SDPC.

I have never insured a bike or a car before and I can not decide on what insurance would be best for me. If i kill the bike I have to buy another, probably a cheapo on TpFT if it is fully comp and I claim how much will I get for the bike and how much more will I pay the next year and the potential loss of 1 year NCB.

I am not liking this insurance thingy!:rolleyes:

Also could I get say a de-badged micron for example and say 'I thought it was a standard exhaust replacement'?

Associate
OP
Plan B implemented!! (No not that horrid boy band!)

My best mate is lending me the money so he does not go and buy a Lotus Elise lol! He is on the phone to the bank now and if the money can be withdrawn in cash tomorrow I will ring the bike seller and some rent a van and try to get there monday eve.

Everyone cross your fingers that plan B works!

Oh and with the end can are they not classed as a modification that you have to declare on the insurance?

Soldato
Plan B implemented!! (No not that horrid boy band!)

My best mate is lending me the money so he does not go and buy a Lotus Elise lol! He is on the phone to the bank now and if the money can be withdrawn in cash tomorrow I will ring the bike seller and some rent a van and try to get there monday eve.

Everyone cross your fingers that plan B works!

Oh and with the end can are they not classed as a modification that you have to declare on the insurance?

tomorrow's Sunday man, where you gonna draw that out from lol. I asume moving it to your account to pay fro bike then?

Soldato
Rent a van with a tail lift & it'll make the job loads easier.

+1

Just make sure when your angeling the bike on the tail lift, don't reverse the bike off the tail lift lol! Also, check the weight of the bike as the van I lent would only lift maximum of 500kg, my bike weighed 400kg then there was me and oil, fuel etc, it did struggle but got there in the end.

Just a bit of advice :)

Soldato
+1

Just make sure when your angeling the bike on the tail lift, don't reverse the bike off the tail lift lol! Also, check the weight of the bike as the van I lent would only lift maximum of 500kg, my bike weighed 400kg then there was me and oil, fuel etc, it did struggle but got there in the end.

Just a bit of advice :)

400Kg?! What bike was that! lol.

Associate
OP
Yeah I am wondering what bike weighed in at 400kg!?

Only thing I can think off is some huge cruiser like a 1800 yammy or suzuki.

Ok, so I am off to the bank today to see how long it will take to get the money in paper form and I have to ask if a Datatool alarm s4-c1 (prices seem to be about £300 fitted) is worth it?

Oh and if I budget £200 for an end can what can you guys find for me?:D

VoG

VoG

Soldato
Oh and if I budget £200 for an end can what can you guys find for me?:D

Before you rush to spend money on an end can, get some engine bars/mushies on it first, the weathers turned fowl, your an inexperienced rider, & this is your first big bike, the last thing you need is a minor off on some diesal/slippy wet drain cover turning into a major pain cos you've mashed an unprotected engine into the tarmac. ;)

As for end cans and alarms, end cans, removable baffle type's usually preferable, as you get the best of both worlds & non of the hassle at MOT time, alarms?, choose carefully as some are insurance approved & get you a discount, & some aren't.

Associate
OP
Good shout VoG.

I am picking the bike up next sat and I will get it booked in at my Suzuki dealer for a service (just to be safe) MOT and then get tax done. Will probably do insurance on the drive back or get home and do it then drop the bike at the dealer.

So now I have to research which alarm/imb to get and see how much a protection kit is.

I did the insurance quotes on compare the meercats place and it was Hastings that offered the best deal and was wondering if its worth calling up and asking them what bike alarm they recommend?

Then I want a good chain and lock, bike cover and a tail bag. Probably should budget £50 for 'keep the bike shiny stuff' lol

VoG

VoG

Soldato
400KG bike, that must've had a fat yank on it surely lol... my 600 weighs around 185kg lol.

You know, the Honda GL1800 Gold Wing weighs in at an eye watering 421Kg's all on it's own, if i dropped one of those ide be inclined to leave the sod exactly where it fell. :p

Back
Top Bottom