****The Official Samsung Galaxy S II Thread***

Soldato
Has anyone else had problems syncing bookmarks from Chrome on a desktop PC and the GS2 after the ICS update?

I had it working on an earlier version of ICS but on the latest version, Chrome on the phone does not pick up bookmarks from my desktop PC.

I have checked that the desktop pc is syncing.

Soldato
Hmmm 'android os' seems to be draining my battery quite a bit.. for e.g. screen on time 1.5 hrs and it kept my phone avake for 6 out of 13hrs since unplugging :-\ data/wifi etc are off when not in use

Any ideas? Betterbatterystats doesnt have anything weird going on either could it be just the stock LPF that im running?

Associate
I was really...REALLY.......looking forward to the sucessor to the GS2 coming along to see what it brought to us, and even though I'm sorely tempted to get it coz it looks gorgeous....(esp in white....[Shhhhhhh!]) - whether or not it's worth the upgrade or not - and the little matter of handing over about 250-£300 to do so, after selling my S2 - is really starting to get me thinking...is it REALLY worth it?

For what I use it for - which is mainly playing mp3's and a few short music vids... twitter, FB and obviously, calls, txts etc; plus the odd full length film to watch while I'm on a long journey (which apart from a flight to my hols destination, isn't very often....) makes me really wonder...... :rolleyes:

I'm usually an impulse buyer, but I'm soooo pleased and happy with my fantastic GS2....I find I'm actually beginning to question the sense in 'upgrading'....

Maybe it's coz I'm finally maturing....at the age of 87!!

(this is the point everyone reading this thread goes off and checks my profile.... :p ) - gotcha :D - I'm 14 really.... ;)

JRJ

JRJ

Associate
Just ordered a new sd card to replace my full 2gb current card, whats the best way of swopping the data without messing up my titanium backups and root?

uv

uv

Soldato
Howdy all :)

So which ROM is flavour of the month at the mo? I've been using CM9 nightlies for quite a while, but I'm getting tired of the little niggles it still has, and fancy using a more stable ROM for a while until CM9 has been ironed straight.

Associate
Hi all, do you think there is any chance of a price drop on the s2 soon, seeing as the s3 is now out? My sister is looking at getting the s2 imminently but I cant help thinking she will be getting ripped off if she signs up for a 2 year contract right now at current prices. (She doesn't want the s3 because the screen is too big).

Associate
what's the best deal you've found?

She is looking at the on & on deal from o2 for unlimited minutes, unlimited texts, 1GB internet and a free phone for £36 pm. Now while that is quite a lot for the money, I can't shake the feeling it will get cheaper in a month or two?

Associate
24month contract?

Seems very pricey - does she actually need unlimited min?

yeah its 24 months. Unlimited no, but she does go through an average of between 1200 and 2000 mins per month and there aren't that many deals around that offer that number of minutes.

Any deals you would recommend? I will mention now that she has heard 'horror stories' about three mobile from a couple of her friends so refuses to even look at their tarrifs. Any other provider is probably ok though.

Man of Honour
Howdy all :)

So which ROM is flavour of the month at the mo? I've been using CM9 nightlies for quite a while, but I'm getting tired of the little niggles it still has, and fancy using a more stable ROM for a while until CM9 has been ironed straight.

Hydra h2o for me, battery life has been substantially better than CM9 nightlies for me.
forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1403044

Back
Top Bottom