****The Official Samsung Galaxy S II Thread***

Associate
Well the phone will be coming soon we have the latest specs and the correct name for the device lets keep it all in one place.
The Samsung Galaxy S2 is out in the open a day early - specs, photo, the whole shebang. A Korean website slipped up and we now know everything about the next-gen droid, plus info on the Galaxy Tab 2, which reportedly will be 10-inch this time around.
The Samsung Galaxy S2 has grown a bigger screen, another core and somehow gotten thinner in spite of all that. The phone runs Android 2.3 Gingerbread on a 1GHz dual-core processor.
The Galaxy S2 screen has a 4.3” diagonal. The phone is just 8.49mm thick and weighs 116 grams. The photo on the left also leaked and the S2 looks just like we expected it to.
The connectivity specs of the Samsung Galaxy S2 are very curious - “4G” (actually HSPA+), Wi-Fi a/b/g/n and Bluetooth 3.0+HS. The 802.11a standard uses the 5GHz band rather than the more common 2.4GHz so perhaps the WLAN radio of the Galaxy S2 will be dual-band for the other protocols too. There's also Bluetooth 3.0+HS, which should support 24Mbps data transfers (unlike the non-HS BT3.0, which as we found brings no speed improvement at all).

galaxy2_seine.jpg

Associate
OP
Galaxy S got 2.2 in November and 2.2.1 recently So I have no idea what the complaints are about concerning getting updates. Late but they have come.

Galaxy S will get 2.3 as well

Stop reading american blogs where their carriers have been holding the updates back.

My brother is with T-mobile and he was told he has to wait another 2 months before he gets-2.2 T-mobile bloat ware i guess. My HTC with voda has the update. Didn't HTC tell Voda to stop messing with the updates?

Associate
OP
Some more updates "Samsung Galaxy S II
First off we have the Galaxy S II, that was showcased feature by feature. One of the most important things is the Super AMOLED Plus display, which is the successor of the groundbreaking screen the Samsung Wave pioneered last year's MWC.

Samsung Galaxy S II new photos
The screen on the Galaxy S II is a 4.3-inch WVGA capacitive unit. Samsung claims that this is the best display technology in the world and surpasses LCD IPS by leaps.
The processor of the Galaxy S II is dual-core and quoted as the most powerful processor in a phone today. It will have great gaming capabilities through an improved GPU. The smartphone uses a Samsung's own Orion system-on-a-chip and yes, it does have 1GB worth of RAM.
The phone is extremely light and thin at just 8.49mm thickness and 116 grams worth of bulk, that's not bad at all, given that the Samsung Galaxy S II has a 1650 mAh battery inside.
1080p video recording and playback have been confirmed just like with the Optimus 2X. The Adobe Flash 10.1 is there to give you the full web-browsing experience.
Finally, the 3-axis Gyroscope and Accelerometer sensors are confirmed as well.
The new UI, or should we say UX (standing for user experience), of the Galaxy S successor looks really interesting and we can't wait to have a hands-on with it. It looks nothing like Android and should be fully customizable. It will feature 4 hubs by Samsung - the Reader, the Game, the Music and the Social ones. In the keynote Samsung showcased them all.
The Reader hub gives you access to Books, Magazines and Newspapers. The Social hub is interesting, though, as it gives you the opportunity to connect to the people in your life via various ways. Mail, chat, video chat, all incorporated into a single app.
Samsung are paying a lot of attention to the security side of things with their new flagship. The main focus is on the things you're now able to do, should you lose your Galaxy S II smartphone. You can remote lock, remote wipe, remotely control your phone - blacklist certain apps you don't want the thieves to have access to. And finally see your device on a map."

Associate
OP
1 GB of ram is a good deal in my books. Looks like they have added a flash at last it was a bad move to leave it out of the last Galaxy.

this sounds interesting as well "The new Super AMOLED Plus display is quoted to have an improved response time, reportedly beating LCD IPS technology. The should also reduce power consumption by 18%."

Associate
OP
The vids are popping up now one of them was trash but this one has gleamed some unique intel. check out the vid at 0.30 this phone even has face unlock recognition ROFL. seesm like you can lock your phone, find it by google maps and even wipe it...smells like HTC sense to me.

Click here for vid

Associate
OP
All the new HTC phones are on pre order at Voda UK along with the Samsung Tab strange why they dont have the SGS2 listed!

Last edited:
Associate
OP
According to that review they both have HDMI out

3D photos and video sound cool on the LG but tbh I see it as something that I personally wouldnt use a lot. I'd also like to see what LG have done to the OS in the flesh with the whole 3d nonsense

Wonder if TMob will be carrying the SGS2

Yeah I saw that as well. So i went to the Samsung site to check and there was no mention on it there, unless they intend to make more variants.

Associate
OP
strange about the HDMI output, the review states it has one, but no pictures, im wondering if they made a mistake. im sure Samsung would say and use as a selling point? be an added bonus if it does have HDMI out though

If you look at the Samsung web site it does not show HDMI connectivity in the promotion. It lists bluetooth wi.fi but no HDMI

Back
Top Bottom