*** The Official Google Nexus 7 Thread ***

Man of Honour
OP
:rolleyes: Does it have a Msd Slot....No = Fail

Price is irrelevant.

Of course it's relevant, the cheaper it is, the less you should expect and the less of an issue it becomes. If this thing was £500, nobody would be interested, it's a lot cheaper than that, so most people have ordered one.

It may not even be a price issue, Google have probably left it out deliberately in order to promote cloud services.

I can understand it may not be much good to you, but the whole 'lol fail' thing is boring. The interest the device is generating shows quite the opposite.

Soldato
I dont really understand the whole sd slot argument myself.

I can fit a weeks worth of content inside 16gb pretty easily, how is it hard to just connect it to your pc once per week and customize the content you want to consume for the week?

Permabanned
I'm sure it wouldn't have cost much to put a MSD slot in.

I just hope Google ain't going the way of Apple.

'Fail' thing may be boring to you....

Permabanned

I can fit a weeks worth of content inside 16gb pretty easily, how is it hard to just connect it to your pc once per week and customize the content you want to consume for the week?

If I had a card slot I could get all 22Gb worth of Flac music on the thing & wouldn't have to keep messing with the content....It'd be sorted.

No Faffing about

Soldato
It would be nice if it had a microsd slot but it doesn't make the device a "fail" without it

As mentioned already, it keeps cost low and Google will be looking to have users use online media.
It's £200 for the 16gb and even cheaper still for the 8gb. There's nothing "fail" about this device

My Advent Vega will definitely be getting binned for this!

Clearly this device isn't for you. Do you need to take all those files with you all the time?
Buy a more expensive device with more storage...

Caporegime
I can understand it may not be much good to you, but the whole 'lol fail' thing is boring. The interest the device is generating shows quite the opposite.

+ 1

Just because it doesn't meet your requirements does not make it a "fail" automatically........

And that is shown purely by the amount of interest in this tablet. You are not going to get anything better than this for that kind of money.

And exactly as m4rk said, takes like 5-10 minutes to remove stuff and copy new items etc. over.

Soldato
If I had a card slot I could get all 22Gb worth of Flac music on the thing & wouldn't have to keep messing with the content....It'd be sorted.

No Faffing about

Use a proxy to enable google music and upload your Flac music, from there it's incredibly simple to control the music you want on your device at any one time.

Caporegime
Yeah I don't like the lack of general expandability these days. Not everyone can use cloud for streaming. If you aren't going to include an sd slot I need 32+ gb

Our Internet infrastructure isn't ready for cloud for many people

Caporegime
Also does this support USB OTG?

If it does, then you can simply buy a USB adapter and buy a mini USB pen drive (whatever size you want) and put all your music, films etc. on it.

I've never owned a tablet and I have no real need for one, but I'm sorely tempted by this.

Same!

Either this or a 128GB SSD for my PC!

Back
Top Bottom