800d Watercooling advice

Associate
OP
Yeah a bit too high on the voltage. Just dropping slowly to find the min for 5ghz. Thanks for all your help PGI. Enjoyed doing my first water loop. Will post pics tomorrow and final temps

Associate
OP
Thanks all, Really appreciate the help on my first water build. Here it is finished.
Final temps with the SP120 fans is 4.9ghz 1.38v = 64c 1 hour of prime room27c

1copy.jpg

5copy.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Looks sooooo much better than my 800D, very impressed. How are the SP120's noise-wise?

They are very loud vs the noctua. The 120mm fans on the rads are the sp120 high performance edition. Going to try them with the 7v connectors later see how the temps are that way should be better Db wise.

Soldato
They are very loud vs the noctua. The 120mm fans on the rads are the sp120 high performance edition. Going to try them with the 7v connectors later see how the temps are that way should be better Db wise.

Thats a shame, they do look nice though. Is that the official corsair braided cable kit you have or did you DIY?

Associate
OP
It's the corsair cables. I don't have the patience to do them myself. The kit is a decent price to be honest too. I'll post back on the 7v fan noise I believe it makes a big difference. Sp on these is huge and maybe in hindsight the lower rpm's would be a better option. For the quality of fan they are pretty low priced

Associate
OP
That looks so neat - v.impressed.

Interested to know why you didn't go for a fan controller?

Thanks - I'm only trying the 7volt converter to answer PGI's question. I don't mind a bit of fan noise I tend to have it cranked up on the speakers or listen to music.

Associate
OP
Got a controller in the hot swap bays now. Here are temps now I have finally stopped messing with it. Room temp is 24c

Quite happy with these. 15c better than the H100

11.png

Associate
OP
Ok- Now I'm addicted to buying new bits. Added the GPU blocks today and put in the black tubing and finished the lighting.

photo-4.jpg

2-3.jpg

1.jpg

3.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
Once you have finished could you add a picture with the side panel on?

That would be great, thanks!

Keep up the good work!

P.S. are those corsair fans any good? Im thinking of getting one to go under the grill where the 2 WC tubing grommits are (by the PSU).

Associate
OP
Once you have finished could you add a picture with the side panel on?

That would be great, thanks!

Keep up the good work!

P.S. are those corsair fans any good? Im thinking of getting one to go under the grill where the 2 WC tubing grommits are (by the PSU).

I put a pic on tomorrow.

Really pleased with the fans. I have one of the AF140's there seems to pull in plenty. The SF120 are the HP ones 2k revs bit loud but every bit as good as my Noctua 120's

Back
Top Bottom