How many Focus ST owners on here

Soldato
yeah I had a red one for 3 years and an orange for about a year, in fact it might have been slightly more than 4 years.

Always brought a smile to my face, unfortunately it just wasn't in any way economical for my uses at the end so it had to go :(

Caporegime
Castrol EDGE 0W-40 is the only oil with the Focus RS approval. Should be fine for the ST

Otherwise Volvo recommend 0W-30 A5/B5 for the 5cylinder engines.

Soldato
So feeling the urge for an st in my life right now

Fell in love with my dads st3

Realistically would I be able to pick up a clean st2 for around 6k?

Soldato
Going to go for a 2012 ST for my birthday later this year.

Anything I should look out for as to why someone is selling on so soon? I do like how much prices have dropped in only 1 year of ownership.

Last edited:
Soldato
This is a fairly long shot, but has anyone ordered the Scuffmaster kit from here http://www.liquidleather.com/scuffs.htm for their ST?

If so which colour did you order? The Focus ST isn't listed here http://www.liquidleather.com/auto colour bank.htm#Ford, but I thought one of the Mondeo colours may match?

I haven't read much into this product, but the name is enough to put me off. You really don't want to be putting "liquid" products onto your leather. Nor do you want to add any colourants...

Dr Leather Get something from hear, it's the best stuff and will not destroy your leather seats.

So feeling the urge for an st in my life right now

Fell in love with my dads st3

Realistically would I be able to pick up a clean st2 for around 6k?

£6k should see you in a pre-facelift ST with about 60k miles on it. Ideally at this stage you need to be looking out for and wear on the clutch. Try and find an unmodified example with 1 owner. These cars tend to last 1-2 years max, and will get passed around a lot. You will be getting one of the first year built ST's. They had many problems as I'm sure you are aware of. But there are fixes for these, so check to see the oil diaphragm has been changed to the re-designed one. Check the turbo housing for any signs of cracks/splits.

Going to go for a 2012 ST for my birthday later this year.

Anything I should look out for as to why someone is selling on so soon? I do like how much prices have dropped in only 1 year of ownership.

See above. People buy these and don't anticipate the high running costs involved, they will often get passed on every 1-2 years so. Why are you going for the 2012 ST? That isn't the brand new current ST model is it?

Last edited:
Soldato
Yep 2012 is the new model. 5k depreciation in the first year should mean I avoid the worst of it. Not too bothered about running costs as I'll do 5k miles a year at most.

Soldato
I would advise you to avoid the 2012 ST, it's been riddled with problems. The STOC is full of threads with owners having problem after problem.

There's a reason the 2012 ST has fell £5k and the previous ST has actually remained the same price despite a brand new ST being out.

Soldato
Also, have you considered just getting a Mk.2 RS and saving yourself a few thousand? Sure, it's going to be slightly less practical and a fair bit more thirsty but it's a hell of a machine and would run rings around the new ST.

Back
Top Bottom