How many Focus ST owners on here

Soldato
Just wondered as the last thread asking threw up a few people who dont post a lot in motors.
What are your experiences /niggles [other than fuel consumption] as we all know how crap that is?

What mods are you running if any?

Soldato
OP
I've had mine since last feb and nothing has gone wrong so far !!

Mods done so far:

lowered
mountuned

Was going to put mine in for the Mountune treatment, ended up going another route, did like the thought of keeping the warranty though until i had a go in a friends ST running 300BHP, Insane!

Soldato
OP
Another owner here, 57 plate in red with both stripe packs :p Have gone the Dreamscience route and have both their induction kit and of course the DSCI remap :)

Next mod is the Dreamscience turbo back exaust....

DS is a fairly easy package to go for, you should see 270BHP with the exhaust and DSi. Watch the fueling though,mine was detonating at 4000-6000 rpm due to fuel starvation. Went for RS injectors/manifold and a live remap which got rid of that and produced a nice BHP gain. I would look at a decat as well,either a 100cell or straight through as that unleashes many horses. Be prepared to go through tyres to, my next upgrade is the RS Diff which makes it much more driveable although at £1400 for the diff [and RS clutch] it isnt cheap.

Soldato
OP
DSCI remap on my 2007 ST-2, great car just fuel is getting expensive

You've only just begun lol. Count yourself lucky. i do 400 miles a week in mine at 17-22 mpg. Love it though,just shy of 300bhp is a shed load of fun in something that is quite light. The noise is a smile a minute as well,almost addictive :D

Soldato
OP
Failed MOT yesterday [was expected] from the emissions readings i would have been lucky to pass with the sensor 10ft behind the car. CAT refitted, pass MOT, CAT back off :) . Oh and 2 new tyres.

Soldato
OP
Great cars, and i want one so badly... but low 20s MPG would kill me considering i do so many miles, plus im still loving my Cam'ed up Fiesta :)

Glad you are enjoying it Mark, any other plans for it in the future? I just tracked my Fiesta185 at Snetterton, was fantastic :)

Yes mate still more stuff in the pipeline, bigger turbo is next and replace the radtec intercooler with something bigger and try to get a more reliable fuel map. After that i think i will hit the limit. 330BHP would be about as much as the clutch will take [its already upgraded to a RS clutch] Then work on getting rid of my 6 points grrrrr

Soldato
OP
Surely once you get ~300bhp it gets a bit crazy without at least a differential to keep it all in check?

Does become "interesting" had a diff fitted and RS clutch but it still chews tyres at a alarming rate with the boost kicking in at 2000 rpm.

Soldato
OP
Have these sat at home waiting to go on.
bern-accent-lg.jpg

Soldato
OP
Well thanks to Mr City Link i only have 3 wheels [ clever ***** they are ] 4th will arrive tomorrow they say! So will have to wait another day to fit.

Back
Top Bottom