How many Focus ST owners on here

Not much to look out for on them, it's just what you'll need to possibly expect when it comes to repairs. I've got a guide that I post on FocusSTOC...

It's best to join up for £10 a year and you'll get a wealth of information!

EDIT:
A few things to get you started:
22-25MPG average
30+ achievable on a long run (I did a 360 mile round trip to Liverpool and back to Newcastle and got 35MPG)
Tyres are £100 a corner for midrange, up to around £125-£130 for premium

Common Faults:
Alternator - £200-£250
Oil Filter Diaphragm - £150-200 (Cheapest is currently £146)
Slipping Clutch (Occurs normally only after remapping) - £750-£850
Undertray being obliterated - £53.23

Modding:
Remaps: Stage 1: 250-270bhp (Can be done on a completely stock car)
Remaps: Stage 2+ Completely depends on the tuner. Collins Stage 2 for example requires full mods but is 320bhp, while Bluefin can be put on a stock car but will only run around 270bhp.
Intercoolers: £260-£500
Exhausts: £600-£1,000
Induction Kits: £250-£400
Eibach Springs: £200 fitted (Most say this is a necessity)

Thanks for the info mate.

How much do you need to spend to get a good spec / condition ST-2?

Is it really worth changing the suspension?

I put some well regarded Weitec's on my Skoda and it's useless in the countryside now. I'm sure it great on the 'ring though (yey :/).

The reason I ask is that I'm thinking of selling up and going for an ST-3. But the reviews seem to have a wildly varying mix of opinion on the handing. Some think it's awesome and playful, and some think it's soggy and not well balanced. Not sure what to expect really.

I think it's was pretty good standard, as good as most the other hot hatches of the time IMO, it did improve vastly when I had whiteline front and rear anti-roll bars fitted, improved a bit more when I had it polybushed aswell, looking at getting some Bilstein B12's soonish, a lot of people who have that done say it responds a lot better. Just think it depends what you want compared with other people.

You'll want to find one that's been looked after then if it's modded. Try and find exactly what mods have been put on and then go from there. Don't accept that because the car is modded that it's worth more, they add virtually nothing onto the price of the car.

Typical mods:
Intercooler - Pumaspeed, Airtec Gen3, Radtec or Pro-Alloy
Exhaust - Milltek, Mountune, Dreamscience, Mongoose, Piper, Cobra
Remaps - Mountune, Dreamscience, Bluefin or Collins - Don't go for unknown maps, they're not worth the cash. The previous maps are all learning maps meaning that you don't need to remap after every mod.
Springs - Most common are Eibach 20mm front, 25mm rear drop. Cobra's are 40mm all round.
Shocks - Bilstein B8's are the ones for teaming with the Eibachs. If you buy them in a kit with the Eibach's they're known as the B12.

Cheers, yeah seen a few about with some good mods present for very similar prices to standard cars, my thoughts were, why spend the money when someone else has!

As I have time on my side I am keeping eyese peeled for a tidy example.

Would kind of mileage should I consider acceptable? I am look for sub 50k

Cheers, yeah seen a few about with some good mods present for very similar prices to standard cars, my thoughts were, why spend the money when someone else has!

As I have time on my side I am keeping eyese peeled for a tidy example.

Would kind of mileage should I consider acceptable? I am look for sub 50k

Anything really, as long as it's been looked after properly mileage doesn't seem to be an issue with these cars.

My new toy :D

D6BEC6C0-C211-4343-8F27-7CF58E5CBBD9-2423-000001A65F0B2B42.jpg

C04CB718-DCE4-4A8C-B348-9C48E3F79B2F-2423-000001A7AFDB1591.jpg

And here she is, my new play thing, for everyday use :D.

Comes from a very loving owner, and has been cared for and sensibly modified. Running a dream science map, milltek exhaust and sports cat, K&N CAIS, updated intercooler, lowered on eibach springs, and some nice subtle touchs such as eu rear fog. Very very happy new ST owner

Comes from a very loving owner, and has been cared for and sensibly modified. Running a dream science map, milltek exhaust and sports cat, K&N CAIS, updated intercooler, lowered on eibach springs, and some nice subtle touchs such as eu rear fog. Very very happy new ST owner

Wheels look like the old style ones :S

or is it the new ones ?

Looks like the side ST badges have been removed too. I'm contemplating this, as they go horrible and corroded.

Back
Top Bottom