***ArmA 3 Thread***

Soldato
I'm quite surprised how slick (admittedly not on high - but still looks good) - this Alpha 3 runs compared to Arma 2 - and I'm currently using my "spare" graphics card - a 4890 - while I get my normal card fixed

only getting 35-40fps - but its smooth, I could never even at higher frame rates get Arma 2 to feel as smooth - so I'm impressed so far

Soldato
any early indications to whether Arma 3 favours Nvidia/ATI - ie 7970 vs 680 ?

or is it so CPU limited - that really doesn't make much difference as long as the card can run the shaders, AA etc at res you need (which 680 and 7970 should both cope fine with) ?

Last edited:
Soldato
any early indications to whether Arma 3 favours Nvidia/ATI - ie 7970 vs 680 ?

or is it so CPU limited - that really doesn't make much difference as long as the card can run the shaders, AA etc at res you need (which 680 and 7970 should both cope fine with) ?

I am holding off until full release as the chap said above its an alpha so its hard to tell on performance. Also the 680 and 7970 are now very old for Graphic cards.

I have had my finger over the buy button several times :D

Ultimately its going to be better to get the new graphics cards back end of 2013.

Soldato
So there were two servers with OcUK in them yesterday. A 50 man wasteland and another. What happened to the 50man wasteland one?

Soldato
Updated our MGT/OcUK Wasteland server to the latest 1.0.5 build of Wasteland, changelog:

Code:
[Added] Uniforms,Hats and Vests to the gunstore.
[Added] Players now spawn with a backpack.
[Fixed] Not able to get weapons out of vehicle.
[Fixed] R3F Loading into vehicles.
[Fixed] Gunstore locations so they can't be ran down by vehicles.
[Fixed] Health Icon.
[Fixed] Static helicopter spawning and no more explosions.
[Fixed] Weapon crates can now be loaded into vehicles.
MGT Wasteland

Join via remote ip 37.59.48.201 port 2364
or filter MGT or OcUK
password overclockers

Last edited:
Soldato
Updated our MGT/OcUK Wasteland server to the latest 1.0.5 build of Wasteland, changelog:

Code:
[Added] Uniforms,Hats and Vests to the gunstore.
[Added] Players now spawn with a backpack.
[Fixed] Not able to get weapons out of vehicle.
[Fixed] R3F Loading into vehicles.
[Fixed] Gunstore locations so they can't be ran down by vehicles.
[Fixed] Health Icon.
[Fixed] Static helicopter spawning and no more explosions.
[Fixed] Weapon crates can now be loaded into vehicles.
MGT Wasteland

Join via remote ip 37.59.48.201 port 2364
or filter MGT or OcUK

Nice
Great server game played super smooth for me last night till I crashed lol

Soldato
Here is our server details. We aren't running the Wasteland mission yet as it is still rather buggy and well...not that good. We have an ever increasing list of missions so if you see one you want to try then just post in here and I will put it on.

TeamSpeak IP is 94.76.250.72. You can catch the admins on there if needed for any reason.

Soldato
Brilliant, just watching a well known DayZ and Arma2 streamer while playing on my PS3. He just got teleported up into the sky with the rest of the server and killed.

So yeah hackers are back.

Soldato
It doesn't suprise me, was just havign a chat with friends on mumble and we were just trying to work out why people do it. I'd rather play the game properly and have fun than mess around and ruin everyones experience.

Just do not see where any enjoyment comes from hacking, i'd rather sell my pc and go out more often than do stuff like that.

Back
Top Bottom