• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Frame Rating: AMD Improves CrossFire with Prototype Driver

Caporegime
It just shows double standards :) LOL, im going back to BF3 before i get kicked for idle.

So you have no interest in these prototype drivers? I for one welcome anything that gives smoother gameplay and AMD are working hard to do this. They should be applauded for their commitment to their users. regardless of what some users see or choose not to see, the fact AMD have openly admitted to their being a problem should give you a warm feeling.

Nvidia had issues with early drivers and the stutter bug and it seems that is popping its head up again with the latest drivers. Hopefully Nvidia can take note and sort the issue out as well.

Soldato
So you have no interest in these prototype drivers? I for one welcome anything that gives smoother gameplay and AMD are working hard to do this. They should be applauded for their commitment to their users. regardless of what some users see or choose not to see, the fact AMD have openly admitted to their being a problem should give you a warm feeling.

Nvidia had issues with early drivers and the stutter bug and it seems that is popping its head up again with the latest drivers. Hopefully Nvidia can take note and sort the issue out as well.

Putting words into my mouth and then commenting on it..nice!

I'm not moaning that its being looked at and being addressed which is a good thing,
I know full well what they have said and what they have said which was not the point because i have no issue with what they have said. i didn't say i had issue with them did I.

Last edited:
Soldato
I know what you said and what you said I have no issues with but what you said was different to what they said and so what you both said makes no sense!

That's because i was not taking about what they said, i was talking about what other people said.
The problem is that as soon anything is said against another comment it is automatically assumed to be invalidating or denying the issue of the topic when its not.

Caporegime
That's because i was not taking about what they said, i was talking about what other people said.
The problem is that as soon anything is said against another comment it is automatically assumed to be invalidating or denying the issue of the topic when its not.

But what other people have said is no different to what I have said and what PCPer have said is what AMD have also said. You said the same as what a few have said here and what they said has no bearing on what Nvidia have said.

Soldato
But what other people have said is no different to what I have said and what PCPer have said is what AMD have also said. You said the same as what a few have said here and what they said has no bearing on what Nvidia have said.

I would agree with you if PCPER and the likes all posted slowdown vids of the Nvidia stuttter bug, but as it was largely brushed under the carpet-taking into consideration the amount of stutter bug sufferers there could have been in comparison to CrossFire users and AMD didn't bother with the other teams failings as it has it's own problems to worry about.

There was a dedicated thread here that dismissed the stutter bug on the whole in the same vein as some CrossFire users dismissing the CrossFire stutter as they simply don't notice it, remember they play games in real time-not in slow-mo.

Some CrossFire users don't think it's good enough, other CrossFire users don't have an issue with it, the ones that don't, wouldn't have went CrossFire again, would they?

And i have said my point and some others is not about what PCPer have said is what AMD have also said.
So a reply to me about AMD admitted it is missing the point totally.

Last edited:
Caporegime
I would agree with you if PCPER and the likes all posted slowdown vids of the Nvidia stuttter bug, but as it was largely brushed under the carpet-taking into consideration the amount of stutter bug sufferers there could have been in comparison to CrossFire users and AMD didn't bother with the other teams failings as it has it's own problems to worry about.

There was a dedicated thread here that dismissed the stutter bug on the whole in the same vein as some CrossFire users dismissing the CrossFire stutter as they simply don't notice it, remember they play games in real time-not in slow-mo.

Some CrossFire users don't think it's good enough, other CrossFire users don't have an issue with it, the ones that don't, wouldn't have went CrossFire again, would they?

Thank you! :)

I can take the tin foil off my head now

Man of Honour
People have been banging the SLI seems smoother than Xfire drum for ages though, so it's hardly a new thing. Tools capable of testing this have only just become available. Before that all we had was raw FPS numbers which as we now know only tell a part of the story.

I think one thing people are missing in the whole Kepler issues versus this - this issue has been ongoing and under investigation for a lot longer and its only recently that people have gained enough understanding and developed the tools to properly start testing it with some validity. I first posted about this back in something like November 2010 and re-reading the thread now and having a bit of a laugh.

I do think the Kepler stuttering issues bare a closer look at but the fact that they are a much more recent issue and nVidia supposedly had drivers in the works to fix it means reviewers weren't in a hurry to spend time on articles about it that could potentially end up a waste of time if fixed drivers came out before they had finished and published the article.

Caporegime
OP
Man of Honour
" Long story short, even if the prototype driver were available today to consumers in its current form, I still think the GTX 690 would have the advantage. But AMD is on the right track and with some more development they could make their card the better choice."

Sorry couldn't resist :D

Caporegime
OP
I think if i had an xfire setup and had the choice between what it is now raw fps or to have added latency to improve frame times but lower overall fps id stick with raw fps in most cases, certainly in twitch shooters. If it looks fine and is perfectly smooth i can't see a reason why you'd want extra latency. We've seen already from multiple xfire users here that battlefield 3 is perfectly smooth on xfire.

Soldato
My Crossfire setup of 2x Sapphire 7950 never seemed to have any issues with Crysis 3 using the 13.2 beta driver(havent played it since 13.3 came out) like the one showed off in the video. Has been a very smooth in the 50-60fps+ area, with no runt frames. Im usually very picky about such things. Something im missing here?

Caporegime
OP
My Crossfire setup of 2x Sapphire 7950 never seemed to have any issues with Crysis 3 using the 13.2 beta driver(havent played it since 13.3 came out) like the one showed off in the video. Has been a very smooth in the 50-60fps+ area, with no runt frames. Im usually very picky about such things. Something im missing here?

You need the tool specially created by Nvidia to be able to detect such things im afraid.

Back
Top Bottom