• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*****NVIDIA GTX 780 IS HERE & IN STOCK - GET ONE TODAY!!**

Soldato
lol model down? that would be the 770 AKA 680 with a small OC and at the same price point the 680 came out over a year a go, Nvidia is taking the consumer for a ride.

And? Buy a 580 then or a mighty HD5450 or a second hand 6600GT. The consumer takes himself for a ride buying something he doesn't need, want or can afford.

Honestly, put the rose tinted specs away: When has the fastest GPU from either camp been cheap, good value and hugely faster than what went before all at the same time? When have you needed the absolute best to have a good time playing games? Never and never

Associate
I'll buy one.......in 4 months...maybe...it's summer (or warm rain season) so not a lot of time to play anyway...mumblemumble...maybe I can add this too my "stupid purchase" list for the second half of the year BF4&GTX780..both really don't make sense but I want them

Soldato
Some "wants" are "needs" in my mind :p I've always had the view that if you don't have a bit of what you want, what's the point in living? An no, I don't buy top tier GPUs :D

+1. Common sense me thinks, and true I believe.

Mark

Ps would love to buy a 780, but................

Soldato
In heaven at stock my 780 beats my Titan score and in valley it's a few points behind. Not bad considering its £300 less than a Titan.

Edit - heaven setting wrong so imagine it will be a few points behind Titan as per valley. Still not bad.

Last edited:
Caporegime
And? Buy a 580 then or a mighty HD5450 or a second hand 6600GT. The consumer takes himself for a ride buying something he doesn't need, want or can afford.

Honestly, put the rose tinted specs away: When has the fastest GPU from either camp been cheap, good value and hugely faster than what went before all at the same time? When have you needed the absolute best to have a good time playing games? Never and never

I would like a Ferrari but the price is just stupid. I think I will pop onto a Ferrari forum and tell them repeatedly how the price of a Ferrari is stupid and they are ripping people off. If people didn't buy them at that 'stupid price', then they would sell them cheaper....

Of course this isn't the same thing but there is other cars to choose from that fit the purpose and pocket.

Soldato
I would like a Ferrari but the price is just stupid. I think I will pop onto a Ferrari forum and tell them repeatedly how the price of a Ferrari is stupid and they are ripping people off. If people didn't buy them at that 'stupid price', then they would sell them cheaper....

Of course this isn't the same thing but there is other cars to choose from that fit the purpose and pocket.

Ferrari's have never been priced at where the majority could afford one and probably never will be. Top end gpu's on the other hand have been affordable to most gamers with a bit of saving. They probably still are if you save longer but price rises such as $150 on your normal top end card are never gonna go down well with the majority.

Associate
The point is that for most people buying a couple of HD 7970s would offer way better performance. Making the "diminishing returns" argument a little less applicable.

Back
Top Bottom