Norwegian rape victim sentenced to 1 year and 4 months of prison in Dubai for sex outside of marriag

Associate
This rape victim in UAE didn't get a prison sentance but her attacker got 10 years in prison so there laws can't be as bad as people think.
Dubai: A student has lost his legal battle and will spend ten years behind bars for kidnapping and raping his wife-to-be.
Dubai’s highest court on Monday rejected the appeal lodged by the 25-year-old Emirati student, F.A., who was seeking a reduced jail term after insisting he had consensual sex with his 30-year-old countrywoman.
The Dubai Cassation Court’s presiding judge Mohammad Nabeel Riyadh overruled F.A.’s appeal and upheld a ten-year jail term against him.
In February, the Dubai Appeal Court reduced F.A.’s life imprisonment to ten years in jail.
Here is the link.
http://gulfnews.com/news/gulf/uae/courts/student-loses-legal-battle-in-rape-case-1.1189219

Last edited:

Raz

Raz

Soldato
Thread proves that even though Dubai is a "backward country" there's still plenty of people living here that would fit right in.

Associate
Dubai: A British woman who was kidnapped and gang-raped by three Iranian men in Dubai has come forward to talk about the brutal attack.
In an interview to XPRESS a week after the Dubai Court of First Instance sentenced two of the accused to ten years in prison (the third one is missing) the woman said: “The judgment has restored my faith in the UAE. I am grateful to the authorities. I am glad I chose to stay in Dubai and not only report the crime, but see the trial through to their [accused] conviction.”

Associate
Found this.

..One of several widely quoted but wrong assertions in the international coverage of Marte Dalelv is that in the UAE a man can only be convicted of rape if the act is observed by four male witnesses.*"Saying that the criminal law in Dubai is from Sharia law and needs witnesses, this is not true," says Hassan Elhias, a leading lawyer with Al Rowaad advocates and legal consultants in Dubai. "The information is totally false and misleading

Soldato
I am sure all those who criticised the country and their authorities and people who didn't just jump on the band wagon will happily hop into this thread and say hmm maybe we did actually jump the gun a bit on this one when no clear facts or evidence were put forward.

Thread proves that even though Dubai is a "backward country" there's still plenty of people living here that would fit right in.

Yes, you are correct there are plenty of posters in here who were willing to jump in and castigate processes and people on heresay without any sort of real evidence. That not only sounds "backwards" to me but also pretty retarded.

Back
Top Bottom