• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

***THE BF4 BENCHMARKS THREAD***

Soldato
With the beta due to open this week I figured we could post performance results to gain a collective idea of what power is required once this hits retail! Also it should ease any scare mongering with what this game actually requires, I still remember the bf3 build up ;)

Please state settings used, and the usual core components, I'm not sure if we are going to get a bench utility, so may be an idea just to record min/max/avg over the course of a round.

Especially looking forward to seeing how those on higher end multi card setups with 4 thread chips get on.

Beta starts october 1st, if you haven't already you can pre-load the beta files, weighing in at around 5.6gb via origin.

Performance chart by Gregster:

0fc42bdf3a05f4bc7040f9ca906ba24e.jpg

Up to date perf charts from LtMatt:

Latest BF4 Benchmarks DX11.1

o0ltoIS.jpg

Drivers Used
GeForce driver 334.69
Catalyst 13.12 WHQL

Source
http://uk.hardware.info/reviews/5231/nvidia-geforce-gtx-titan-black-4-way-sli-review

Last edited:
Caporegime
just remember that tomorrows build may not have all the finished textures and finally graphics added. depends on how old the build is.

im waiting to laugh at all those who were on about memory uses ;)

Caporegime
Good call Paul and I don't think it will be vastly more demanding than BF3 was but before anyone jumps on me, leave it till tomorrow and we can have a good idea of what is what.

I thought Caspian Border and Metro Betas were pretty well optimised. Nothing sticks out in my head as buggy but I was playing the Beta on a 560Ti and a Q8200.

Nice idea, but if you remember 2 years ago the beta didn't include Ultra settings.

This might not either to save EA a bit of server load.

True but we can switch down settings to the same level on BF3 and compare for a rough idea :)

Soldato
OP
I should still give us an idea of what the finished article will require, especially those with lower power cards that may not be aiming for ultra :)

Ah memory usage, nearly forgot about that one, would be interested to see this too, at 1080 I'm wagering around 1750mb usage :D

Caporegime
just remember that tomorrows build may not have all the finished textures and finally graphics added. depends on how old the build is.

im waiting to laugh at all those who were on about memory uses ;)

Nice idea, but if you remember 2 years ago the beta didn't include Ultra settings.

This might not either to save EA a bit of server load.

Good point. Forgot about that. Might only be high settings. :(

Soldato
OP
^as greg pointed out, if it is high only we can cross reference results with bf3 and try work out what percentage drops ultra may bring, either way we'll get a feel for what is required.

I still remember pre beta bf3, many speculated it was going to need quad 580's and a 990x to max out which couldn't have been further from the truth :p

Soldato
I think we will have Ultra this time. The map we playing has been at all the big events over the past couple months running on Ultra.

I can't wait to see what Mantle brings to the table. :D

Soldato
OP
:D

In my defence I had no idea it would get beta access....thought that was a pre order bonus or something.

Its all win, beta access for something like 45p :p

Back
Top Bottom