• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

***THE BF4 BENCHMARKS THREAD***

Associate
AMDMatt you might know the answer to this question, but anyone else that might have an idea please answer.

Doesn't using perfoverlay 1000/frame time give more accurate results rather than raw FPS from FRAPs?

I guess they are going to be different, but slightly better in terms of understanding smoothness getting results from the frame time logs.

Soldato
OP
Yep use perfoverlay.framefilelogenable 1 command and view results in either the Bf frame analyser or flacalc, you should have smoothing options in those programs too.

Associate
Yep use perfoverlay.framefilelogenable 1 command and view results in either the Bf frame analyser or flacalc, you should have smoothing options in those programs too.

I use a simple Sum=1000/*first cell* in excel and pull it down.

Using the Frame times (first column) is what the BF frame analyser uses right ?

Caporegime
More like it.

Frames, Time (ms), Min, Max, Avg
74503, 600000, 66, 164, 124.172

user error with DSR, it was setting graphics settings to a mix of high and low when selecting 2560x1600. At native res i run full ultra, x4 msaa and all other things maxed.

Soldato
Mmmm, I might post some gameplay, what do you guys use for recording? I see Shadowplay is for nVidia only... anything similar for AMD or just a good general one?

Also, to get stats like some people posting... what's people using?

Soldato
OP
I thought that my self, was actually running somwhere around 1800p (I think).

Makes the TX a little less impressive, but its still matching if not beating my cards :)

Caporegime
I thought that my self, was actually running somwhere around 1800p (I think).

Makes the TX a little less impressive, but its still matching if not beating my cards :)

Seems mate, you and me are clueless when it comes to bench settings, DSR and me fouled up big time. You and res scale, think we should stick to our day jobs.:D

Soldato
OP
Seems mate, you and me are clueless when it comes to bench settings, DSR and me fouled up big time. You and res scale, think we should stick to our day jobs.:D

Completely agree :o

The worst part is, I'm pretty sure this isn't the first time I've done something along these lines.

Caporegime
Completely agree :o

The worst part is, I'm pretty sure this isn't the first time I've done something along these lines.
Same here, I'm the clown who when he first went sli decided to do a few benchmarks, wondered why fps was low. Then realised he had forgotten to enable sli. That and forgetting to put the sli bridge on a few times.:o

Soldato
OP
Quite confident I forget to enable SLI every time I change drivers. It starts with...

"these drivers are ******* junk, frames are too low!!"

Swiftly followed by

"oh, wait, yeah, enable SLI first"

:D

Caporegime
Noticed today, even this old game at 2560x1600 rips my stock 780's a new one. Gpu use never dropped below 96%, temps at 77 and 59c. VRAM at 2900mb max and CPU temps up 10c from native res. Cards working harder, cpu is at 4.7ghz on high end air. But I'm confident that if I go 27" 2560x1440 theese cards will do for a bit yet in what I play. Then a 980ti is what I'm looking forward to.

Back
Top Bottom