What film did you watch last night?

Soldato
Pacific Rim 5/10, and that's being generous. Didn't like the story and special effects wasn't that special. The whole thing didn't gel for me, which is a shame. Guys in gaint mech suits could have been so cool.

Caporegime
PAcific Rim 2/10

Just nothing redeeming about it, the painful cliches, the stereotypical ruskies/japanese/etc. The utterly stupid storyline, the sea apparently being about 12ft deep, the inability to fight properly and the sheer stupidity of the whole thing.

The way most of these robots had a special weapon and started out each fight just punching the monsters, yet not a one of them was killed by being punched. It's as inteligent as walking up to a terminator punching it a bit, then realising you have to shoot the thing, it was just retarded and boring. THe fighting was all boring in that sense. The painful "lets check for a pulse" then wasting what little ammo they seemed to have shooting something already dead. Spending ages fighting with punches THEN using a sword.

Jesus have more monsters and have robots actually fight, with the sword straight off, shooting a lot, have it be a real war. ALL of the drift/side story was, well budget saving nonsense, not a second of it was interesting, well acted, well written or worthwhile.

How do films do it, huge robots and huge monsters, and make a mundane film with crap battles. Then much like MArvell.... this insistence on having two exceptionally irritating scientists who are incapable of talking to others.

What a massive waste of a film.

Soldato
Also watched Pacific Rim. I thought it was pretty mediocre compared to all the people I've seen saying how fantastic it is. Average 5/10 from me.

As someone who watches Sons of Anarchy, it did make me smile seeing Jax and Clay both in the film though :)

Soldato
The Iceman

Quite enjoyed this. I'd read a lot about Richard Kuklinski before watching this film. There's some great interviews with him on YouTube. The film stayed true to the facts for the most part but there was a little poetic licence here and there.

Associate
21 Jump Street movie .... 8/10

This is the second time I've seen it since it was released in the cinemas. Picked up so many references to the actual series and ....

noticed that the Hanson & Penhall cameos were in the movie since the beginning of the movie in disguise and Officer Hoffs cameo when releasing the Camaro to the guys.

Soldato
Watched pacific rim last night and am going to go against the other people above me and say i really enjoyed it, never went to cinema to watch it so am just going with what i have seen on my tv but thought it was great.

8/10

kept thinking these machines would kick Godzillas arse, well the ones before this film not the one thats out in 2014

Soldato
Willow

Not seen it in a while but my Bluray steelbook came yesterday. It really looked fantastic. It had a little bit of grain but it felt as If i was at cinema :) Loved every minute of it.
8/10

Cant wait to watch The Princess Bride again they don't make movies like they used to

Caporegime
I had the urge to rewatch Willow a while back after not probably seeing it for over 15 years. Dingy copy though so didn't look great but a really good film. It's something I did like when I first saw it but one of the few things I haven't seen several times over the years so I couldn't remember most of it... which is rare when watching old films these days.

The Princess Bride is such a good film, that however I end up seeing relatively often so doesn't have the same impact any more :(

Soldato
Watched a few yesterday:

The Dictator - 6.5/10. I'm not usually into 'silly' comedy films like this, but I quite enjoyed it. Few good jokes about current affairs made it quite good. Doubt I'll watch it again, but it was alright.

Mud - 7/10. Had no idea how this was going to go, thought the acting was really good and quite liked the story. Ending was quite predictable, but a good story nonetheless.

The Town - 6/10. Good mix between drama and action, but the action was far better than the love interest. Wasn't great, but wasn't bad. Not going to watch again.

World War Z - 5.5/10. Meh.

Soldato
Pacific Rim

I enjoyed it for what it was. Switch brain off and enjoy.

Thought it was funny when I said to my Mrs 'That's Sean from Eastenders!' lol (Robert Kazinsky). And that dodgy Australian accent wtf?, he comes from Sussex!

I look forward to watching Pacific Rim 2 . . .

7/10

Soldato
Pacific rim. Now I knew it was supposed to be cheesey but this film took it to another level. The missus hated it. I tried to keep telling myself it was a dumb popcorn movie. In place a it was silly and fun. Mostly it was just silly. Huge chunk of the film in the middle where sod all happened.

Feeling generous so 4-10.

Caporegime
Pacific rim. Now I knew it was supposed to be cheesey but this film took it to another level. The missus hated it. I tried to keep telling myself it was a dumb popcorn movie. In place a it was silly and fun. Mostly it was just silly. Huge chunk of the film in the middle where sod all happened.

Feeling generous so 4-10.

The film on IMAX with a big sound system, it overpowers your senses and it is actually fun.

At home, not so much and the predictable story and wooden acting really shows. Especially on repeat viewings, there is just not much happening and just want to get to the good bits.

As a movie, it's a 3/10, but if you can watch it no a big screen, it is pretty enjoyable couple of hours.

Back
Top Bottom