***The Vapers Lounge***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Sorry mate, I just get tired of scaremongering on vaping related stuff.

Nicotine is lethal yes, but not in its diluent eliquid form. Nothing to worry about at all.

If you get some eliquid on your hands, wash it off. You're hand will still be available to use.

Not scaremongering... Just saying... Some Nicotine liquid is 36mg/ml so if you spilled 30ml on your arm or something and did not wash it off then you could die from it.... Prob if you washed it straight off you be ok... I expect if you drank a bottle of 30ml then obviously that would be worse...

Soldato
Not scaremongering... Just saying... Some Nicotine liquid is 36mg/ml so if you spilled 30ml on your arm or something and did not wash it off then you could die from it.... Prob if you washed it straight off you be ok... I expect if you drank a bottle of 30ml then obviously that would be worse...

If you drank a bottle of bleach you'd also be in a bad way. Point is... just don't. :D

Soldato
If you drank a bottle of bleach you'd also be in a bad way. Point is... just don't. :D

Sound advice there :D

So if you buy a basic kit for £30 and do not keep upgrading to new bits etc. How much can you run the ecig and maybe 3ml of liquid a day? If you can do it for less than about £5 a week then that is actually very cheap. I do not like to compare to the cost of smoking normal fags because these days they are a massive rip off, especially if you do not roll your own. I cannot believe that people actually pay £7 for a pack of 20 these days, if you smoke 20 a day that is £200 a month.

Can someone give me a link to the best starter kit and e-liquid?, Thanks.

Last edited:
Associate
Sound advice there :D

So if you buy a basic kit for £30 and do not keep upgrading to new bits etc. How much can you run the ecig and maybe 3ml of liquid a day? If you can do it for less than about £5 a week then that is actually very cheap. I do not like to compare to the cost of smoking normal fags because these days they are a massive rip off, especially if you do not roll your own. I cannot believe that people actually pay £7 for a pack of 20 these days, if you smoke 20 a day that is £200 a month.

Can someone give me a link to the best starter kit and e-liquid?, Thanks.

Depends how cheap you want to go vs quality vs are you going to recoil yourself.
if you can't be bothered then maybe evods/protanks.
Devices maybe a sigeli with a kick?
Or an SVD/VAMO I guess?

Associate
Nirk, you were scaremongering, go back and read your posts. Then come back with facts to back them up...re..you'll probably die if you spilled an eliquid bottle on your skin? Really?

Eliquid is toxic if ingested. If your going to drink it, you probably deserve some pain lol...

The strongest eliquid is usually 36mg. This equates to 3.6mg nicotine in density. Thus, if you get that on your skin, its 3.6mg of nicotine, and not 36mg.
The other 96.4% of the eliquid is composed of propylene glycol, vegetable glycerine and flavouring.
Get any eliquid on your skin, just wash it off.
I think you're getting confused with handling raw nicotine.

Soldato
Depends how cheap you want to go vs quality vs are you going to recoil yourself.
if you can't be bothered then maybe evods/protanks.
Devices maybe a sigeli with a kick?
Or an SVD/VAMO I guess?

I don't really know much about it... I would like a decent starter kit that has a good amount of smoke etc. Also some good e-liquid that does not taste like ****

Associate
hey guys seems fasttech are having shipping probs again so ive ordered some juice from that joosejuice to try but the problem is my fasttech order had some iclear16 and replacement heads in the package :( me and the wife are down to the last one each

dont suppose anyone knows a place in the uk with cheap iclear 16 or anyone have any spare whole units or heads they want to get rid of

cheers

Soldato
Nirk, you were scaremongering, go back and read your posts. Then come back with facts to back them up...re..you'll probably die if you spilled an eliquid bottle on your skin? Really?

Eliquid is toxic if ingested. If your going to drink it, you probably deserve some pain lol...

The strongest eliquid is usually 36mg. This equates to 3.6mg nicotine in density. Thus, if you get that on your skin, its 3.6mg of nicotine, and not 36mg.
The other 96.4% of the eliquid is composed of propylene glycol, vegetable glycerine and flavouring.
Get any eliquid on your skin, just wash it off.
I think you're getting confused with handling raw nicotine.

eliquid is measured in MG/ML so 10ml of 36mg eliquid would be 360mg nicotine....

Nicotine can be absorbed through the skin eg. Nicotine patch

Nicotine is lethal at anything from 60mg upwards in a single dose...

So technically if you spilled 10ml of 36mg eliquid on your skin (360mg nicotine total) and more than 60mg nicotine soaked in you would either get very ill or die. Not scaremongering just saying... If I was bothered about it I would not chew the gum or be looking for ecigs... But just saying that I am not scaremongering, just saying.

Anyway I was posting in this thread to find out about what the best starter kit is...

Last edited:
Soldato
10ml of 36mg eliquid = 360mg nicotine?

Yer winding me up lol. Did you read my post at all?

I'm out, I tried I really did. :D

Ah right so you think that a entire 10ml bottle of eliquid has 3.6mg nicotine ? LOL.... So if you vape an entire 10ml bottle of the strongest eliquid available you are getting 3.6mg nicotine... the equivalent to 1 nicotine gum haha. Go and get your facts straight before making yourself look silly. Everything I have said is fact...

Soldato
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nicotine#Toxicology

Website 1)

"Firstly, the strength description: “54mg”, indicates a nicotine concentration of 54mg (milligrams) per ml (millilitre) and not per bottle. This equates to a strength of approximately 5.4% w/v (weight/volume) (i.e. dependent on specific gravity there are approximately 1000mg in 1ml.) It is important to understand this, and that it is the relative proportion of Platinum Ice in your mixed juice, and not the absolute quantity, that will determine final strength. For example; If you dilute Platinum Ice with a nicotine free dilutant, such as Propolyne Glycol, to a 50:50 ratio by volume then the resulting liquid will contain 27mg/ml."

Website 2)

"We're often asked exactly what 12mg or 24mg strengths mean for nicotine.
In short, it's the amount of nicotine in milligrams, for each millilitre of E-Liquid, expressed as mg/ml. Some companies choose to represent this as a percent per solution, which is where you'll see 1.2% instead of 12mg/ml.
This means the same thing, just interpreted differently.

Also one of the most common questions about an E-cig relates to which e-liquid nicotine strength is equivalent to a particular kind of cigarette that a person smokes.
To better answer this question, it is better to understand how much nicotine is contained in the E-Liquid you are inhaling.

The nicotine density listed for e-liquid is the number of milligrams of nicotine per milliliter in the E-Liquid. That means a 10ml bottle of 24mg nicotine e-liquid would have 240mg of nicotine in it (24mg x 10ml). Likewise, a 30ml bottle of 24mg e-liquid would have 720mg of nicotine in it (24mg x 30ml)."

Last edited:
Associate
Website 1)

"Firstly, the strength description: “54mg”, indicates a nicotine concentration of 54mg (milligrams) per ml (millilitre) and not per bottle. This equates to a strength of approximately 5.4% w/v (weight/volume) (i.e. dependent on specific gravity there are approximately 1000mg in 1ml.) It is important to understand this, and that it is the relative proportion of Platinum Ice in your mixed juice, and not the absolute quantity, that will determine final strength. For example; If you dilute Platinum Ice with a nicotine free dilutant, such as Propolyne Glycol, to a 50:50 ratio by volume then the resulting liquid will contain 27mg/ml."

Website 2)

"We're often asked exactly what 12mg or 24mg strengths mean for nicotine.
In short, it's the amount of nicotine in milligrams, for each millilitre of E-Liquid, expressed as mg/ml. Some companies choose to represent this as a percent per solution, which is where you'll see 1.2% instead of 12mg/ml.
This means the same thing, just interpreted differently.

Also one of the most common questions about an E-cig relates to which e-liquid nicotine strength is equivalent to a particular kind of cigarette that a person smokes.
To better answer this question, it is better to understand how much nicotine is contained in the E-Liquid you are inhaling.

The nicotine density listed for e-liquid is the number of milligrams of nicotine per milliliter in the E-Liquid. That means a 10ml bottle of 24mg nicotine e-liquid would have 240mg of nicotine in it (24mg x 10ml). Likewise, a 30ml bottle of 24mg e-liquid would have 720mg of nicotine in it (24mg x 30ml)."

yeah you are correct mate i just checked a few sites myself think ill start hiding my bottles from the kids well i say kids they are 16 and 18 but id rather not risk them being stupid

i started on very high after 6 weeks i went to high and now 3 months on im at medium which i can just about manage (still sometimes fail to get the hit )
hoping to go to low after xmas

i really enjoy the smoking though so would like to get to zero nic but still keep vaping

Permabanned
yeah you are correct mate i just checked a few sites myself think ill start hiding my bottles from the kids well i say kids they are 16 and 18 but id rather not risk them being stupid

i started on very high after 6 weeks i went to high and now 3 months on im at medium which i can just about manage (still sometimes fail to get the hit )
hoping to go to low after xmas

i really enjoy the smoking though so would like to get to zero nic but still keep vaping

you should always store them away safely. I do it because we have 3 cats here and if they ingest even a drop it would kill them.

Caporegime
Good to hear you like my design :)
Indeed he is!
Now to try and convince him to do chrismas/holiday type flavours is going to take some persuasion...

Ahh i remember you saying something about the label design that you were doing them or something. Very nicely done but i do like the new bottles he is using, i got my 50ml of raspberry juice this morning and the bottle is much more nicer with a needle tip, ill still be dumping it into my filling bottle with the needle tip though.

Well done on the label design, really stands out now.

Soldato
Prob be alright if you spilled it on your skin, if you washed it off fast.... Might make you feel a bit sick like if you smoke too much. But if you spilled a whole 30ml bottle of 36mg liquid on your leg or something and did not wash it off....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom