The Official Hearthstone : Heroes of Warcraft Thread

Associate
All of my most memorable wins have been when I was on 1/2 hp, especially the one when the other guy had 30 hp.

I had a memorable loss when I underestimated a Shaman player.

I was on 28 health, he was on 7, and I arrogantly left a Fire Elemental on the board, thinking I could easily absorb the damage, then kill him on the following turn (he was on 7 life or something).

Then during his turn....Rockbiter, Rockbiter, Windfury, Flametongue or bloodlust....28 damage in a single turn, and I think he had some to spare too.

Once I got over my shock I had to smile.

Soldato
Well got reamed in my next 3 arena games, I didn't have an answer for anything and was screwed by the card draw in all 3 games.

Then I have had 5 bad games in a row on my priest that I was dominating on before, Every time really bad card draw. On 1 game I went first and Drew 2 Mind Controls and a Temple enforcer. Sent them all back and drew 2 Temple enforcers (6 cost) and a Mind control (10 cost)... then my draw over over the next 4 turns was as follows Faceless Manipultor (5 Cost), Holy nova (5 cost), Light well (2 cost) and power word shield (1 cost)

I have numerous low cost cards I could have drawn and not 1 came out. His had about 5 minions on the board at this point and I was down to about 18 health. Was basically screwed :(

Associate
Had 2 half decent arena runs (7-3), which I think is not bad considering I've only had the game for about a week. However after those 2 runs I went 0-3 as a mage :D I know which cards to pick (I think), I'm just useless at making a good deck. I always just go for the best card out of the 3.

My favourite class so far is Paladin, good fun and easy to play.

Soldato
I had a memorable loss when I underestimated a Shaman player.

I was on 28 health, he was on 7, and I arrogantly left a Fire Elemental on the board, thinking I could easily absorb the damage, then kill him on the following turn (he was on 7 life or something).

Then during his turn....Rockbiter, Rockbiter, Windfury, Flametongue or bloodlust....28 damage in a single turn, and I think he had some to spare too.

Once I got over my shock I had to smile.

Haha, that could have been me! I play Shaman the most and have done what you mentioned a fair few times.

Been playing Warrior today for the daily quest; had some nice games.

Associate
^ same!

Although unlocked all characters now and just working on getting some cards, fell like I'm getting a bit better! Kinda fun now!

Soldato
The cards you pick in Arena have a huge impact too. Went 3/3 in my first arena run. First win was just silly with the megabuffed Demolisher. Second win I managed to maintain board control and ended up with a 15/15 Lightspawn and took him out in 2 turns. Third win was an epic fight with a Shaman that went very late game and I somehow held out.

But the last loss... I came up against a Warlock. Killed me in 6 or 7 turns. He had strong low cost minions down with a couple buff cards (and a Flesheater Ghoul (?)) that was getting stronger and stronger as I tried to throw down minions to clear.

Soldato
I am rubbish at making decks so I don't make them, initially. I just copy them from this site: http://www.hearthhead.com/

Many of you that play wow will already know about it, but some of you might not.

It has some nice Deck Guides on there which people have submitted.

What I did was play the class I wanted to play to level 10 using the default deck, to unlock all the basic cards, and then copy a basic deck from that site. I then played it for a bit and got to know how it worked; over time I slowly replaced cards in that deck to make it into my own.

I did that for the Shaman, the Priest and, just yesterday, the Warrior.

Back
Top Bottom