*** iPhone 5S/5C - September 10th ***

Soldato
I'm tempted to sell my Note 3 and give iPhone 5s a try, I just don't know why but I feel like trying something different for a change now, had the S2/S3/Note 2/S4 and now Note 3, but I'm really tempted to give iOS a go no. Tell me I'm talking sense here and should do it?

If you like the screen size of the Note 3 i think you'll feel cramped on a SC/S 4.5" screen.

Man of Honour
I'm tempted to sell my Note 3 and give iPhone 5s a try, I just don't know why but I feel like trying something different for a change now, had the S2/S3/Note 2/S4 and now Note 3, but I'm really tempted to give iOS a go no. Tell me I'm talking sense here and should do it?

I've had a play with the iPhone 5 and tbh the screen size wasn't much of an issue so I don't think it would be a problem adapting to it.

You'd probably be okay then, I find that as long as you don't need full control over everything (and don't rely on widgets/detailed customisation), iOS is generally better at what it does, and the 'ecosystem' behind it is still the strongest, iTunes store, the apps etc.

As for the hardware of the phone itself, it's damn good, obviously. Enjoy being able to use your phone comfortably in one hand! :p

Soldato
What kind of cases are people getting for their 5S?

I picked up a bumper case when I got mine but the case goes around the lightening connector port so neither the 30pin adapter or my radio clock alarm dock will connect while in the case. I really need a case where the headphone socket, speakers, and lightening port connector are all open in one space.

Current state of the art is this one:

https://www.elementcase.com/Solace-Chroma-iPhone-5-5s-Case-p/api5-1411-xx00.htm

I can imagine it's a right PITA to get one that works with all equipment, makes you want to buy all new stuff and just go wireless with everything.

Soldato
Good work.

I'm trying to work out whats raping the battery on my 5S, it seems worse than my old 4S and i've turned off most things! All i can think is that the 64gb storage drive uses more power than the 32GB one!

I'm finding this (although I went from 16 to 32 Gb). I've no idea what is using all the power! I've lost 10% in 2 hours with not using it!

I've now turned off most of the background app refreshing and updating. Thought the battery would be much better on the 5S :(

Soldato
There seems to be plenty of Iphone 5Cs on ebay as buy it now for anything between about £250-350 and they mostly seem genuine. Many of them unopened. does this seem strange?

Lots of excess retail stock around as nobody is buying them. Apple got the pricing wrong on the 5C.

Soldato
I'm finding this (although I went from 16 to 32 Gb). I've no idea what is using all the power! I've lost 10% in 2 hours with not using it!

I've now turned off most of the background app refreshing and updating. Thought the battery would be much better on the 5S :(

I've not had any battery issues - battery seems slightly better than my 4S.

I've found that the brightness, Bluetooth and Mailbox sync/FB in background to be the drains.

Soldato
I'm about to upgrade my trusty 4S on Thursday and I'm torn between the two (32GB 5c & 5s).
Any thoughts on both would be gratefully received.
Any 5C owners wishing they'd gone for the S or are you all very happy with the C?

Thank you in advance :cool:

Soldato
I'm about to upgrade my trusty 4S on Thursday and I'm torn between the two (32GB 5c & 5s).
Any 5C owners wishing they'd gone for the S or are you all very happy with the C?

I upgraded from a 4s to a 5s. Fingerprint scanner not worth the upgrade, screen size and processor speed are. 5c priced too close to the 5s and apple will drop the 5c price outside of their main retail channels so resale on the 5s should be stronger over 2 years.

Soldato

As no App yet takes advantage of the 64 bit architecture of the 5s, it all depends on which form factor you prefer.

Remember that the 5c is basically an iPhone 5 with a polycarbonate case and additional LTE band support.

Soldato
I upgraded from a 4s to a 5s. Fingerprint scanner not worth the upgrade, screen size and processor speed are. 5c priced too close to the 5s and apple will drop the 5c price outside of their main retail channels so resale on the 5s should be stronger over 2 years.

Also, I forgot to add, the LTE support is also a big plus over the 4S, check this out for speed from my sofa:

Back
Top Bottom