Battlefield 4 Thread ~ Server details in opening post ~

Caporegime

I hope to god that they don't completely nerf the AA so that it becomes useless and buff the heli so it is OP otherwise some maps will be completely dominated by aircraft i.e. golmud. Only thing they need to tweak/remove is the activ radar missiles.

Also, the AA isn't "that" powerful against infantry, only up real close does it tear them apart easily and so it should! 2-3 rockets (even at the front) to the AA and you are pretty much done for.

Main reason I stopped playing CQ in BF 3 was because of aircraft dominating the map.......

Knowing DICE, they will do just that :(

If they do the above, then they need to increase the reload time for active protection for tanks.

Glad that v40's are getting balanced, everyone uses them....

Probably going to buff the DMR's to bf 3 damage, oh joy! Now I can hear that annoying pew pew even more...

Lets hope they do the following as well:

- any roof without elevator is out of bounds (ruins dawnbreaker and siege when half the team camps, either you have mbt law warriors etc. up there or/and you can't move on to capture another flag as people keep spawning on a team mate and jumping down to cap your flag i.e. other night, couldn't move on from E or D due to that)
- remove that stupid delay with the mag. and rex
- remove some vehicles from certain maps i.e. jets on dawnbreaker, boat on flood zone, artillery on zavod and a ton of other vehicles on other maps
- add the limited timed ammo system to jets and their main cannons
- nerf the reload time or limit the ammo of the mbt law
- as for the little bird, either limit the repair tool, introduce a charge up time or something like the defibs or/and just don't allow people (certainly not two anyway!) to rep when in the little bird and nerf the damage that the 25mm does to the attack heli
- increase the attack heli pilot's main ammo or increase reload time, bring the beta controls/feel back
- reduce flare reload time for aircraft

Soldato
I really fear for any rebalance topic. See the thing is, the flyboys have been moaning how they can no longer go 80-1 because of the amount of AA or portable AA. My fear is, if they nerf the AA and buff the air vehicles, we are back to square 1, anything in the air will destroy any game as it was totally OP in BF3 IMO. It would be unfair to nerf AA and then buff jets/helis, thats then a boring game IMO. AA was there for a reason, to not have the skies ruled by ace pilots that destroy servers.

Last edited:
Soldato
-AA is still fine with actives as long as their range gets nerfed from 3000mtrs (yep 3000 LOL)
- DMR's plz god no
- V40's remove 1 nade
- RGO's aren't that bad IMO
- Heli needs to be a shed load faster / CM reload decreased / TV OHK on air vehicles (except transport). I am happy with ammo count atm, I want it to be balanced not OP.
- LittleBirds problems aren[t well documented, what makes it OP is the emergency reps...when it goes below 37 health all it takes is the slightest repair and it is back over that..It has emergency repairs like in built extinguisher essentially, that is the main problem with it.
- Hand flares....no one cares ffs

Tony the AA guns are more than sufficient to hit the heli at 1000mtrs, that combined with many stingers means that even with a buff, the AA will still be very strong (and should be) oh and if you encounter hover camping, they are easy to take out with SRAW

Last edited:
Soldato
yeah I agree Joe, but with just 20mm/30mm guns only on AA, helis will just laugh at that. With an engi repping, the damage repaired will be faster than the damage done. I say buff gun damage on AA as its a skill to lead moving targets, nerf active radar distance and the distance from the aircraft before it locks on and maybe the missile warning as well could do with being sooner so the pilot can react.

Caporegime
Agree with all of that joe! Especially about the hand flares! :D

IMO, activ radar, artillery and mbt law are noob weapons/vehicles that just need to go, no skill required with them.

I quite like RGO's, great on locker but apart from that, not much point using them when you have the v40's

Soldato
Hello all, I just picked up a BF4 code on the MM for £18, a little higher than I wanted to pay, but I've been itching to test this monstrosity of a game that EA has churned out. But, being a big BF fan since 1942, I can't resist the itch any longer.

Anyway, the disgusting DLC that is China Rising... Where can I get it? Stupid that there is DLC on day one for a game like this :( Makes me sad for the future of FPS games. Gone are the days of Unreal Tournament :(

Associate
Bah, rooftop campers are fine. It's annoying when your own team do it, but otherwise they just arent that effective.

If you have teams spawning on each other on the roof and actually capping flags (bloody dawnbreaker) then that's an effective tactic - it requires a squad to deal with it (combination of MAV to take out the spawn beacon, mortars/snipers to take out the players).

I guess maybe I don't run into it as often as Nexus, since it seems to be a particular thorn in his side. Same with the MBT LAWs - they seemed underpowered when I was using them, and I was glad to switch to RPG. Is it the fire-and-forget nature that's most bothersome?

Anyway, the disgusting DLC that is China Rising... Where can I get it? Stupid that there is DLC on day one for a game like this :( Makes me sad for the future of FPS games. Gone are the days of Unreal Tournament :(

In EA's defence, China Rising wasn't a day-one DLC, and was 'free' with any preorder. I don't know the cheapest place to get it, but I'd say you're not missing out on too much, so play it without for a few levels before spunking more cash in case you hate the game (or in case it hates your PC).

Last edited:

V_R

V_R

Soldato
I've been using rooftop campers to get the 20 UCAV kills i need for the assignment. They have proved quite useful for once. :D

Associate
Right guys i'm now starting to think i 'need' to have a 2nd monitor set up from my gpu via hdmi. Anyone got any recommendations ? Just a small one is fine , dont need anything above say 17-19". It would be so much more helpful to have the whole map in front of me when flying and tanking.

Soldato
Right guys i'm now starting to think i 'need' to have a 2nd monitor set up from my gpu via hdmi. Anyone got any recommendations ? Just a small one is fine , dont need anything above say 17-19". It would be so much more helpful to have the whole map in front of me when flying and tanking.

not got a smart phone /tablet you can chuck it up on?

well if it's pretty much going to be just for that then get what ever haha trip down local cash generators and haggle them down to pennies? :) hell could ever try gum tree/the flea thingy and see if anyone locally is just getting rid of something xD

if not...... I have a 27" asus as my second monitor and it looks lovely :D such vibrant colours!!! (shame the 120hz benq doesn't share the same colour intensity :( )

Caporegime
all vehicles should be one rocket launcher hit you have to get out fix that simple. the very fact air are doing 50-0 or more shows they still haven't learned.

bfbc2 had the best vehicle to infantry balance.

as for weapon nerfs its standard practice.

I've been using rooftop campers to get the 20 UCAV kills i need for the assignment. They have proved quite useful for once. :D

lol

I also think many a heli pilot would be distraught to see them go :D

Little Bird in flight repair is just dumb. Having said that I hope they don't nerf. everything (AA / heli's) to the point that they aren't even worth using.

V_R

V_R

Soldato
Can you have battle screen on a phone? Thought it had to be a tablet?

Tbh its a bit pointless as its quite small anyway, and thats on both an iPad Air and a Note 10.1 2014.

BTW Battlescreen, in app, is broken on Android until they fix it. :rolleyes:

Though it seems to be a bit andom as to what model it works on.... If it doesn't load, install Chrome Beta, and go to the BL website then view battlescreen from there. Go figure.

Caporegime
I guess maybe I don't run into it as often as Nexus, since it seems to be a particular thorn in his side. Same with the MBT LAWs - they seemed underpowered when I was using them, and I was glad to switch to RPG. Is it the fire-and-forget nature that's most bothersome?

I seem to have the worse luck when it comes to roof campers, artillery, gunship, mbt law warriors :( :p

One or two guys with mbt law is ok but it is a pita when you have 5+ engis with it and combined with roof camping even worse then.... I don't like the lock on when it gets close but the main thing is just the reload speed and when you have loads of people using it.

Was ****ing annoying the other night on flood zone, must have had 7+ players camping on the buildings and one ****er was just spamming c4 everywhere :rolleyes:

edit:

going to play as recon for a bit tonight, want to get that SRR!

Back
Top Bottom