Spring meet 5th April 2014

Soldato
This is probably going to be weather dependent for me too.
Not sure I could enjoy the long distance in the rain! Will check the forecast on Friday and give a definite yes/no though.

I'm with 4T5 with the +1 for a meet starting in the Midlands! :)

Associate
Don't get me wrong. I am 100% coming if its mainly dry.

Weather is now saying dry at Hcafe for Saturday. Changing Every hour... going to need to just see what it's like on Saturday morning.

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm turning up. I've literally nothing else to do. Beeb weather saying drizzle in Oxford at 4pm - I really don't think we'll have wet roads.

Soldato
I'm out I'm afraid, bikes got a few niggly problems I need to sort out and I've now been told to go on-site next week so gonna be picking a hire car up on Saturday.

Maybe/Hopefully next time...

SPG

SPG

Soldato
Again weather dependent for me, but also up for midlands trip, and a another southern one when there is more sunshine :)

Associate
Is difficult. I am possibly visiting a lady friend this weekend, and I also have a recurring slow puncture that I'm only getting resolved Monday (Pilot Road 4 yay).

I will speak to my friend and see what I can see. Tbh the leak is about 1.5 psi a day, so I could get away with it.

Soldato
OP
I thought that too but looking at the front page nope loomies isn't mentioned anymore so don't think so...

We could add a stop into Loomies? Would be there for about midday I guess. See how it goes really.

Is difficult. I am possibly visiting a lady friend this weekend, and I also have a recurring slow puncture that I'm only getting resolved Monday (Pilot Road 4 yay).

I will speak to my friend and see what I can see. Tbh the leak is about 1.5 psi a day, so I could get away with it.

Worst case, I have a puncture repair kit on my bike.

Soldato
ungh was all set to come but my left hand side indicators have both come off and dangling by their wires :o looks like the plastic stalk bits have both just split where the bolt holds them on.

Soldato
OP
ungh was all set to come but my left hand side indicators have both come off and dangling by their wires :o looks like the plastic stalk bits have both just split where the bolt holds them on.

Another one bites the dust, seems only a few of us are going to be there on the day then lol

I think the chances are we will ride from H cafe to Loomies, and then see how we feel from there.

Associate
Sorry guys, I'm going to have to drop out. My exhaust has decided to develop a hole this week. Done my best with the putty over the last few days, but I can't get the damn thing to seal, so going to need new pipes :(

Associate
Linkex, doesn't that just mean you'll sound a bit more... interesting? :p

A few years ago a friend came to visit me in London from Notts, stopped outside my house and just as he got off some rubbish connector between his headers and his pipe disintegrated and everything dropped apart. This was an old 600cc Bandit. Was pretty amusing!

Ags: I'm in.

Associate
Indeed, I quite like the way it sounds :D However it makes my ears ring just on the 4 odd miles to work (With earplugs). I suspect after 150 mile round trip, I would be actually deaf :)

Back
Top Bottom