• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Everything You need to Know AMD & NVIDIA

Caporegime
I'm running on pci-e 2.0 x16 x16 and previously i was using x8 x8. I got a small boost in benchmarks (few hundred points in Valley) but theres not much difference. For the non benchmarker pci-e 2.0 is still up to the job.

Bridgeless 7970? Or XDMA?
I want to see how a 7970 bridgeless copes PCI-E 3.0, because if it's fine, well, that'd be something.

Soldato
Some of it annoys me, but as I'm predominately an AMD owner, I see their stuff more.

I bet tons of people are oblivious to the fact that bridgeless Crossfire isn't something new.

It reminds me of Sony, they had motion sensors with Six Axis, but they made a new motion thing, it's like "Did you guys forget you already had that feature?!"

I used 5870s bridgeless. It's definitely not a new feature :D

Some very useful information for new comers, great work OP

Soldato
OP
stickie :D

also having trouble finding out good information for nvidia surround, i know what it is but not much concrete information on it as of yet

Associate
could not find one that had a transparent background :(

added in links to the Overclockers pages

Well presented and very informative thanks for taking the time to do this Smogsy:cool: Nvidia tech seems to be swaying me as I really want to go 3D this year. G-sync also sounds interesting but I must confess everytime I read that phrase I picture someone twanging a G-string on a monitor:o:D not sure what that says about my current state of mind:confused::p

Soldato
OP
next things to add:

are they any AMD equivalents for below?

NVIDIA GPUDirect™
NVIDIA GPUDirect™ technology enables faster communication between the GPU and other devices on the PCIe bus by removing unnecessary overhead on the CPU. GPUDirect v1.0 allows 3rd party device drivers (e.g. for InfiniBand adaptors) to communicate directly with the CUDA driver, eliminating the overhead of copying data around on the CPU. GPUDirect v2.0 enables peer-to-peer (P2P) communication between GPUs in the same system, avoiding additional CPU overhead. More…

Maximus
NVIDIA Maximus-powered workstations combine the visualization and interactive design capability of NVIDIA Quadro GPUs and the high-performance computing power of NVIDIA Tesla GPUs into a single workstation. Tesla companion processors automatically perform the heavy lifting of photorealistic rendering or engineering simulation computation. This frees up CPU resources for the work they are best suited for – I/O, running the operating system and multi-tasking – and also allows the Quadro GPU to be dedicated to powering rich, full-performance, interactive design. More…

Hybrid SLI
Hybrid SLI technology, based on NVIDIA's industry-leading SLI technology, delivers multi-GPU benefits when an NVIDIA motherboard GPU is combined with an NVIDIA discrete GPU.

Optimus Technology
NVIDA® Optimus™ technology automatically optimizes your battery life for longer enjoyment while maintaining the outstanding graphics performance you expect from NVIDIA.

PowerMizer
An advanced hardware and software technology specifically designed to extend the battery life of notebook PCs. PowerMizer allows users to adjust their system performance and battery consumption to their specific needs with easy-to-use power management tools.

PureVideo
NVIDIA PureVideo™ technology is a combination of the GeForce 6, 7 and 8 Series GPUs’ high-definition video processor and NVIDIA video decode software that delivers unprecedented picture clarity, smooth video, accurate color, and precise image scaling for all video content on any display.

Associate
You could add a section on Nvidia GeForce Game-Streaming, which is a feature where you can stream games from your GeForce GTX based PC to an Nvidia Shield within your home and (a recent addition) outside of your home at Wi-Fi hotspots.

Great work so far by the way Smogsy, an excellent guide for people looking to buy graphics cards and also for those just interested in the technological capabilities of their GPUs :)

Soldato
OP
I suppose the nearest thing to the hybrid SLI would be AMD APUs being able to Crossfire with DDR3 AMD GPUs. Not the same but a cool little feature imo.

Is mining worth a mention?

will add mining & gamestreaming

is there a mining for each Brand or are they cross branding now? been long time since i looked

Back
Top Bottom