***The Official HTC One Thread***

Soldato
Check the battery stats, what's using the most battery so far? If it's "Android system" then yes it will usually work. To do this, disable fastboot on your phone (in the power settings), then turn off your phone. Then after a few seconds, hold the volume down button, and press the power button. This will boot the phone into bootloader mode. Now use the volume buttons to select "Recovery" and use the power button to confirm. You'll see a black screen for a while but once you see the phone icon with a red triangle, press power + vol up at the same time to get the recovery options. Use the volume buttons to select "Clear cache partition" and confirm with the power button. Once that's down select "Reboot system" and it will boot your phone back to Android.

Does this wipe the phone like a factory reset or will everything be the same when I boot the phone back up?

Soldato
Does this wipe the phone like a factory reset or will everything be the same when I boot the phone back up?

It just wipes the cache area so no personal data is touched.

Noticed TuneIn and Soundhound has been removed. 7Digitial re-enabled itself on the other hand. Had to reorganise my notification widgets, the update reset them. Also looks like lockscreen widgets was disabled as well, but can be enabled back in the security settings. Another thing is if you're using a different home launcher, swiping left or right will just go to the homescreen.

Hopefully HTC will add more themes or allow custom one, not really liking some of the colour options at the moment. However, everything does look nicer.

Associate
I'm getting the notification that the Sense 6 download is available, but whenever I start it it hangs at 2MB / 0%. Tried restarting the phone but still the same. Anybody got any ideas on this? It's an unlocked O2 handest with a Vodafone SIM in it if that makes a difference?

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm getting the notification that the Sense 6 download is available, but whenever I start it it hangs at 2MB / 0%. Tried restarting the phone but still the same. Anybody got any ideas on this? It's an unlocked O2 handest with a Vodafone SIM in it if that makes a difference?

People on XDA has been noticing the problem as well. Usually it means HTC's servers are overloaded. Best to try again later tonight.

One

One

Soldato
Heh, seems it's not just the back of my phone that's lost the Beats branding :p

Oh no, it's still there, must just have been a new screen that now displays 'powered by anroid'

Soldato
I also like the fact in the camera app you can now set the volume key as a shutter key!

Although I don't like that silly "4 dots in a circle" menu for changing mode on the left of the main camera screen ... seems silly!

Soldato
Hey,

Quick Q - on a custom ROM like CM, is it possible to reassign the buttons to mimic stock Android? I.e. have the "HTC button" act as home, and the Home buttom as recent apps?

Cheers,

Su

Back
Top Bottom