****** Official IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Stalingrad ******

Soldato
OP
New Nvidia drivers now enable SLI for this game

This game looks great now

Still in Beta and they have got dual GPU's working , more than can be said for DCS , out for 6 years and still they cannot figure out multi GPU ...........

Soldato
New Nvidia drivers now enable SLI for this game

This game looks great now

Still in Beta and they have got dual GPU's working , more than can be said for DCS , out for 6 years and still they cannot figure out multi GPU ...........

Yet it still gets compared to War Thunder due to lack of a clickable cockpit :rolleyes:

Don't get me wrong, I love WT, but BoS is rapidly shaping up to become awesome. Convinced me to buy a 970 just based on this game really.

Soldato
OP
Put in a bit of time and it's no problem. You having problems with taxing?

My Rhino X55 is off for RMA sadly will be back on BoS as soon as I get it back. :D

There is no clickable cockpit in this game dude , refering to fact that it can be more trouble than its worth in some games that use it when the action is getting intense

IL2: BOS is now 90% complete and the campaign is in it :)

Soldato
OP
Put in a bit of time and it's no problem. You having problems with taxing?

My Rhino X55 is off for RMA sadly will be back on BoS as soon as I get it back. :D

I got my X55 today ........ and its faulty

What was the fault with yours ?

Me H3 Up does not work

Soldato
Why did you upgrade from x52pro? From what i've read its a sidegrade at best (better throttle, worse joystick)... I am thinking of buying a throttle to partner my MSFF2 and was considering getting the X52pro throttle.

Soldato
OP
Yep it looks like things are not going well with BOS

Forcing SP grind to get the unlocks

Threatening to cancel development all together if people dont start posting glowing reviews on metacritic .....

It has all gone Pete Tong :(

The game itself (now released) is more like war thunder arcade style action and less like the sim we were told it would be sadly

Associate
Is having a single player unlock system so bad?

If the single player experience is under 10 hours then that is surely manageable, especially if they make it a good campaign.

Soldato
I certainly don't see the issue with it, but then the flight sim community is one of the most vocal and pedantic ones I've ever dealt with, I still don't understand why it was implemented if Jason is in charge when he is against it.

Soldato
Jason is not in charge, Loft and Han are. Jason is the owner of RoF.

SP "campaign" is absolute pants unlock or no unlocks, but they say it will be populated with more life over the next 6-12 months. But yeah another IL2 weak release. This time the planes, the physics and even the graphics are really good, but SP gameplay is very poor.

Soldato
Is having a single player unlock system so bad?

If the single player experience is under 10 hours then that is surely manageable, especially if they make it a good campaign.
I've played FC/DCS for years and to be fair I can't say I ever played the story or campaigns, if I had to do that to unlock stuff I'd be annoyed too.

It should be a sim, where you do whatever the hell you want right away without having to spend ages to do stuff(like most sims you play). Granted I don't own this game so I don't know what you can unlock and how much bearing it has on types of roles and mission you can play but, 10 hours for some of us is an entire week of spare time for just a single game.

It is bad.

Not to mention falsely advertising a mission editor and server support on steam as a key feature that isn't actually out yet in the "released game".

I'm avoiding it like the plagued until enough time has passed that they can actually finish the game, catch up to the year 2014 and it goes on sale.
I'm not paying for that sort of shoddy development or publisher behavior.

Soldato
haven't had access to this for the last few months but I could have sworn there was a reason for the unlocks, and that they had no effect on multiplayer anyway?

Not that I'm trying to defend it, but there is a hell of a lot of misiformation out there.

Back
Top Bottom