Laser eye treatment - who's done it?

Soldato
Had my treatment at LVC today, what can I say apart from WOW.

My eyesight is still misty from the procedure, but the correction is amazing.

Absolutely thrilled, well worth the money.

Glad to hear it matey. I had Glenn Carp too, and he knows his stuff.

The procedure isn't particularly nice, but having the option of a massage prior to the surgery is pretty nifty.

Did you have the right circumstances for their newer procedure that they've been doing for a couple of years, or did you have the standard options like me? :)

Sgarrista
Commissario
Glad to hear it matey. I had Glenn Carp too, and he knows his stuff.

The procedure isn't particularly nice, but having the option of a massage prior to the surgery is pretty nifty.

Did you have the right circumstances for their newer procedure that they've been doing for a couple of years, or did you have the standard options like me? :)

Tell you what, I didnt mind the procedure at all. The eye drops are more annoying!!!!

But yea, I had the new Relex Smile one.

Soldato
Waking up the next morning with the sunbed goggles halfway round my head and one side of my face pressed into the pillow was the scariest bit for me! Thankfully everything was fine anyway :)

Associate
Just had my eyes lasered this morning. I actually rather enjoyed the procedure, it was over too quickly!
Hopefully the recovery will be quick and pain free, no real irritation yet:). I'll give an update if my eyes fall out or something.

Man of Honour
No one know how to find out which is the best place/surgeon to go to? And how you research clinics? Seems my prescription is within limits, so would like to go have the first exam to see what they say.

Associate
After this myself, early research but near Manchester if anyone has recommendations ? Average price ?

Off travelling for 14 months next summer so it's an 100% go if I'm able to have it..

Man of Honour
I have an astigmatism in my right eye, my prescription is only minor, something like 1.5, my left eye is one but not astigmatism. I don't need glasses to see properly, but I need to wear them in order to stop getting an ache in my right eye. I'm booked in on the 6th Dec for a consultation,I'm wondering if getting treatment done will eliminate the need for glasses and will cure the ache?

Soldato
Just had my first eyetest since getting them lasered 3 years ago. Perfect vision and healthy eyes according to the lady. I'm 38 so got it done when I was 35 and they said I'll become long sighted in my 40s. No sign of that yet and the lady said it'll most likely be at 45 or so.

Anyone thinking about this should go for it.

My grandfathers sight degenerated to the point where he was registered blind in the last 10 years of his life and I used to read out his mail, pay his bills etc. So I had a good idea of what the consequences could be, however there is a risk attached everything so I went for it.

Best money I ever spent! I can't believe some people still wander round with pieces of plastic and glass perched on the front of their face, how 20th century!

Associate
having mine done on Thursday 13th. both eyes being done at optical express in Reading. went for the best treatment they offer which would have cost me £4200 but there were having a promotion and got it for £3k instead :)

Sgarrista
Commissario
Just a followup to say my 3 month exam came back that I have 20/20 +12.5 (or something like that) in both eyes, long story short is they've given me better than 20/20 vision and also maintained all the visual quality.

I couldn't be happier with the results, and the service provided by London Vision Clinic has been exemplary, from the initial consultation, to the direct 24/7 telephone number of my surgeon in case of emergencies, to the reminders and personal service given all the way through.

Caporegime
How do you find out if your prescription is in the limits I think I've had mine stable for 2 years now it's about -4.25 in one eye an -4.75 in the other I think.

Was hoping to look into all this how much does it tend to cost as the figures all seem wildly different

Caporegime
Just a followup to say my 3 month exam came back that I have 20/20 +12.5 (or something like that) in both eyes, long story short is they've given me better than 20/20 vision and also maintained all the visual quality.

I couldn't be happier with the results, and the service provided by London Vision Clinic has been exemplary, from the initial consultation, to the direct 24/7 telephone number of my surgeon in case of emergencies, to the reminders and personal service given all the way through.

How much did it cost there?

An what was your prescription to begin ith

Man of Honour
So I've just had a consultation with Optimax. Basically I'm a low risk patient with the potential to go for LASEK or LASIK.

I'm going to shop around and have a look at some other providers but apparently ultralase use Optimax so there' no point me getting a consultation from them. Who else should I look at?

Sgarrista
Commissario
So I've just had a consultation with Optimax. Basically I'm a low risk patient with the potential to go for LASEK or LASIK.

I'm going to shop around and have a look at some other providers but apparently ultralase use Optimax so there' no point me getting a consultation from them. Who else should I look at?

London Vision Clinic

Back
Top Bottom