*** The 2014 Gym Rats Thread ***

Soldato
How are people holding up with their diet? This time of year is dreadful for it, stayed strong so far but that tub of celebrations awaits.

Mine is average, been eating too much sweets compared to normal due to time of the year haha but due to my job i have stayed same weight/fat which is fine....if i was in an office i be messed up with this diet. :p

I am planning to start Athlean X training programme in coming weeks...have heard a lot of good stuff about it and will take photos/give review of it when a few months into it.Anyone here used it?

By the way does anyone here superset often? i tried this week felt damn hard but felt great afterwards.

Man of Honour
OP
How are people holding up with their diet? This time of year is dreadful for it, stayed strong so far but that tub of celebrations awaits.

I stopped worrying about my "diet" once I realised it didn't actually matter if one has an ounce of self-control. ;)

Mine is average, been eating too much sweets compared to normal due to time of the year haha but due to my job i have stayed same weight/fat which is fine....if i was in an office i be messed up with this diet. :p

I am planning to start Athlean X training programme in coming weeks...have heard a lot of good stuff about it and will take photos/give review of it when a few months into it.Anyone here used it?

By the way does anyone here superset often? i tried this week felt damn hard but felt great afterwards.

I superset often, for isolation exercises particularly, or compounds if I am pushed for time.

Soldato
How are people holding up with their diet? This time of year is dreadful for it and , stayed strong so far but that tub of celebrations awaits.

I am drinking a bit more and eating a few more mince pies etc, but I have decided to be relaxed about it and enjoy christmas for what it is. I will use it to motivate me to do some big workouts and runs over the holidays though.
With the cold weather at this time of year I do feel like eating a bit more than usual. I think I will wait until the beginning of March to go back to salads for lunch!

Soldato

I've actually been on a diet for the past 6 weeks or so and been fine with it. I've timed my 10 day diet break to start Christmas Eve though so I can pretty much eat what I want while there's things to indulge in. I'll try not to go crazy though - I tend to revert to old fatty mode when there's tons of things to choose from at the table and end up eating everything, then become an immobile mess for the rest of the day. :rolleyes:

Soldato
Why do some exercises hurt more than others? I can't do any more bench reps but it's never painful. Dips however really burn on the last few and give me m00b DOMS.

Also, any comments on my new New Year PPL plan? Am a little bored of SS and would like more volume for moar size. Needs to be 45 mins long, so I plan 2 min rest for the main (first) lift then 60s for the remainder.

Push
OHP 3x5
Bench SS Inverted row (it's not push but I like the way this hammers my upper body - anyone suggest another push exercise, given I've got a squat rack, bench and barbell)
Dips (5 sets)

Pull
Deads 3x5
BOR 3x8
T-bar row 3x8 (only done these once but quite liked them!)
Pull-ups 5 sets

Legs
Squat 3x8
SLDL 3x8
Bulgarian split squats 3x8
Hanging leg raises 3 sets

Back
Top Bottom