Samsung LS34E790C - Curved 34" 21:9 super-wide

Caporegime
for me personally: very deep blacks, white very white, fast panel in games feel everything move quicker colours and text amazing sharp, just small to read :) and curve effect nice when using programs. :cool: 100% happy I am not hard core gamer for me most important image quality.

Cool, thanks!

I just wish this had g/free sync and I would buy it instantly!

Associate
Anybody noticing a bit slower response/frame lag in Youtube videos and also downloaded movies, especially at 1080/1440 60fps? Playback is certainly not as smooth as on the LG 34 and my old IPS Dell. Games seem fine so far - still testing.

I have the response time setting to fastest in the OSD and I completely reinstalled my nVidia drivers for my 980.

Associate
Anybody noticing a bit slower response/frame lag in Youtube videos and also downloaded movies, especially at 1080/1440 60fps? Playback is certainly not as smooth as on the LG 34 and my old IPS Dell. Games seem fine so far - still testing.

I have the response time setting to fastest in the OSD and I completely reinstalled my nVidia drivers for my 980.

None even the flash serial fine :D

Soldato
Really tempted to order this monitor this week after owning 4 of the LG ones and them all going back because of BLB and a screen tearing fault down the center that my last one had.

Its a shame this screen is so expensive really. Seems im paying £200 more for a curve i don't even want but with the Dell not looking good theres no other choice except to wait 6 months or so for other options.

Associate
I'm having serious 2nd doubts about this monitor. Will report back tomorrow night after I do more tests.

The main concern is response rate and ghosting (certain games and vids are actually displaying this noticeably). I've a top of the line graphics card and covered pretty much everything in the way of a possible fix. Will install BF4 tomorrow to check it out - it's a mainstream game that's been patched to high heaven and the graphics are high end. It's more than just games please note. The LG's just handled moving images better - no doubt about that. It's definitely the better panel in every way bar the godawful bleed.

I've used IPS monitors for ages - maybe I'm spoiled. VA's response time and colour, text rendering and ghosting issues aren't quite there yet compared to IPS (*edit!). Surprising, as I hated the BLB of the IPS panels; now, I'm not so sure.

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm having serious 2nd doubts about this monitor. Will report back tomorrow night after I do more tests.

The main concern is response rate and ghosting (certain games and vids are actually displaying this noticeably). I've a top of the line graphics card and covered pretty much everything in the way of a possible fix. Will install BF4 tomorrow to check it out - it's a mainstream game that's been patched to high heaven and the graphics are high end. It's more than just games please note. The LG's just handled moving images better - no doubt about that. It's definitely the better panel in every way bar the godawful bleed.

I've used IPS monitors for ages - maybe I'm spoiled. VA's response time and colour, text rendering and ghosting issues isn't quite there yet compared to VA. Surprising, as I hated the BLB of the IPS panels; now, I'm not so sure.

You mentioned you were using the 'Fastest' response time setting. Usually on Samsung models that produces overshoot (inverse ghosting) as the acceleration is too aggressive. I'd recommend spending some time using the 'Faster' setting and see how you go.

Associate
You mentioned you were using the 'Fastest' response time setting. Usually on Samsung models that produces overshoot (inverse ghosting) as the acceleration is too aggressive. I'd recommend spending some time using the 'Faster' setting and see how you go.

Yeah on my asus pb278q I have a similar setting and if I put it on the fastest setting I get overshoot too, the 2nd fastest is the sweet spot!

Associate
I too have mine on the std setting and have no issues whatsoever with ghosting.

Can you post a picture or video to demonstrate the ghosting you are seeing on yours?

Last edited:
Soldato
Sometimes it's very easy to start tweaking settings to make improvements and accidentally introduce issues! I've had bad experiences with changing overdrive/response settings on monitors in the past as well.

This monitors sounding pretty sweet aside from the compaints about the stand potentially being a bit wobbly/wonky. At least it comes with a VESA mount so could be replaced if it was an issue long term.

It's just the price tag that's putting me off that the moment. In fact, not so much the price tag but the difference in price between this and the Dell U3415w I had on order previously but was forced to cancel due to supply issues. I'm struggling to justify spending the extra ~£150 to get this in place of it even thought it's starting to sound like it would be the better of the two monitors.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom