** Corsair Hydro H110i GT Recall **

Associate
Ah crap, i threw away my old H110 once i got my H100i GT so now i have nothing to replace it with. Ugh, what to do Marlton what to do...

Keep it. I know that you've been running it for some time now and it's been working fine. In this case, it should function properly with no problem.

Mine just turned up an hour ago, and now i have to send it back ???

Totally up to you, only way to find out is to open the box and see if there is a small amount of coolant in the plastic bag.

is this also the case for the H80 GT too ?.....I was thinking of getting one but....

No, it does not affect the H80i GT nor the H100i GTX, which are manufactured by a different vendor than the H110i GT

Associate
What does that mean in simple terms?

If it leaks replace it, if it doesnt keep it?

Spot on! But the only way to know if its leaking or not, is to open box.

There you go. Cheers Greybeard.

Now just send me some RGB keyboards to sell please :)

I totally know what you mean, we know that your customers have been bugging you guys for quite sometime now. But Chinese new year has really affected our manufacturing capabilities.

nothing wrong with mine. just gonna keep it. Thanks for the update Grayman

Yep, keep it dude. I am almost certain that your unit is totally fine :)

Associate
Opened mine and inspected packaging and no signs of water droplets etc.

Continued to fit it to the Carbide 500R , i must admit it was a pain to fit, as the fear of damaging the Fins / Pipes while trying to screw it into place. Also made sure not to over tighten the mounting screws etc.

Getting a temp of 25C sitting in Windows.

Associate
That is good news :) glad to hear that.

Happy to hear that your unit is A-OK as well.. temps are looking great too :)

Cheers Greybeard,

i have to admit it took me about 3 hours to fit it to the Carbide 500R

The only way it would fit was placing the radiator on the inside of the case, hose towards the front.

Then placing the fans on the top under the black mesh grill as an Intake.
pushing cold room Temp into the case through the radiator. The hot air is then exhausted out the back of the case.

Because of this Retro fitting, i had to use the long fan screws, screwed in from the top of the case, through the fan holes, through the top case and into the radiator.

It was extremely difficult trying to line up the screws and all the guide holes, practically blind as the radiator and fans prevented me from seeing what i was doing. After a lot of trial and error, Checking and Rechecking i managed to get it mounted into the case.

If i was to over tighten the screws, it would have been going into the fins or risk causing a leak.

For anyone else, the Hydro H110i GT does fit in the Carbide 500R, but took a lot of effort.

I would suggest anyone else to downsize to the H110i GTX if fitting into a 500R, This would allow to place the radiator at the top where it is meant to go and placing the 2 fans inside the case on Pull. Sucking cold air from the room down through the radiator and into the case.

Hopefully this information helps others, as i could have made a better judgement reading this.

Soldato
Im not really a fan of the corsair AIOs in the least.But fair play to them for doin a full recall for a problem that is not really something they could have foreseen/avoided.Feel kinda bad for them actually,such an unlikely set of circumstances would ever lead to this affecting end users.

No, it does not affect the H80i GT nor the H100i GTX, which are manufactured by a different vendor than the H110i GT

I'm guessing as the other units are manufactured differently the 'problem' comes from them using a different liquid (one with a freezing temp similar to water) where the others have a liquid with a lower freeze point or have an antifreeze built into their coolants.

Totally avoidable, just shows a lack of research/planning/testing/real-world thinking IMO. If not by Corsair then by the vendor.

Because of this Retro fitting, i had to use the long fan screws, screwed in from the top of the case, through the fan holes, through the top case and into the radiator.

It was extremely difficult trying to line up the screws and all the guide holes, practically blind as the radiator and fans prevented me from seeing what i was doing. After a lot of trial and error, Checking and Rechecking i managed to get it mounted into the case.

That's how I had to mount my X60 in my Fractal R4 (due to motherboard clearance).

Pro-tip: loosley mount the rad with some screws one end for alignment/support (without fans involved). Add & route 1 fan, attach screws. Remove first screws, attach second fan = sorted! :cool:

Only easier if you have a trained octopus.

Associate
That's how I had to mount my X60 in my Fractal R4 (due to motherboard clearance).

Pro-tip: loosley mount the rad with some screws one end for alignment/support (without fans involved). Add & route 1 fan, attach screws. Remove first screws, attach second fan = sorted! :cool:

Only easier if you have a trained octopus.

Oh beleive me i done everything i could to mount it. It was just the feeling of you only got one chance to get this right so dont screw it up or its gona start leaking. so i took the time to do it right 1st time.

Im no stranger when it comes to this type of stuff. i used to repair Mobile phones, laptops and computers in my old job. And the time my car needed a head gasket done. I booked 5 days off work, ripped the engine out and totaly rebuilt the thing with no prior experience. It was a case of telling my boss at the time. "I need the car to get to work, i need 5 days to work on it, if you dont see me in 5 days its becuase something went wrong"

:)

Associate
I'm guessing as the other units are manufactured differently the 'problem' comes from them using a different liquid (one with a freezing temp similar to water) where the others have a liquid with a lower freeze point or have an antifreeze built into their coolants.

Totally avoidable, just shows a lack of research/planning/testing/real-world thinking IMO. If not by Corsair then by the vendor.

Still under investigation, we still don't know where the problem lies. It could be the hardware, or it could be the liquid solution, perhaps the packaging. At this point, we can only speculate at best, thus we need to gather more data to implement a proper fix. We know the condition when it could possibly leak, but we need to find out for certain why it is leaking under that said condition.

In conjunction to that, our focus right now is to make sure that all H110i GT owners are aware of this issue so they can take the necessary steps if they run into this issue.

Avoidable? perhaps, but until we know for certain what went wrong, I'll deem that notion pending until our investigation is complete.

Associate
Ive been playing Dying light on my new machine with the H110i GT for about 4 hours solid

I kept Realtemp running in the background and heres my readings :

Maximum - 59c / 59c / 57c / 51c

GPU was up around 70c / 80c

In Core Temp the Max readings are :

Maximum - 56c / 57c / 54c / 50c

Its now droped back down to 24c / 30c sitting in windows.

As for the Fans, yes they did spin up fairly loud during gameplay, but i use a Logitech G930 headset which is basicaly sound canceling.

More home testing to be done, i wonder how it sounds between 2am / 4am in the morning while Girlfriend is in the next room sleeping.

Caporegime
Ive been playing Dying light on my new machine with the H110i GT for about 4 hours solid

I kept Realtemp running in the background and heres my readings :

Maximum - 59c / 59c / 57c / 51c

GPU was up around 70c / 80c

In Core Temp the Max readings are :

Maximum - 56c / 57c / 54c / 50c

Its now droped back down to 24c / 30c sitting in windows.

As for the Fans, yes they did spin up fairly loud during gameplay, but i use a Logitech G930 headset which is basicaly sound canceling.

More home testing to be done, i wonder how it sounds between 2am / 4am in the morning while Girlfriend is in the next room sleeping.

I replaced the stock fans with Noctua Industrial 140MM 3,000 rpm versions as their static pressure is more than double that of the Corsair fans. I therefore only used Corsair link software to set the led to red, then uninstalled it. I now manage the fan speeds on the Rog Extreme V with Ai Suite and using motherboard pwm control.

Associate
I replaced the stock fans with Noctua Industrial 140MM 3,000 rpm versions as their static pressure is more than double that of the Corsair fans. I therefore only used Corsair link software to set the led to red, then uninstalled it. I now manage the fan speeds on the Rog Extreme V with Ai Suite and using motherboard pwm control.

Yea i might look into doing something like this maybe a year down the line.
But to be honest it was that hard just to mount it into the case il just deal with the extra noise it makes during gameplay.

but like you say an upgrade fan solution might perform better here.

Associate

Ah did you also remove the motherboard usb as well? I might do that as well, to many cable at the bottom of my board :/

Good idea that

Associate
As someone that used to work in the freight industry it is entirely possible that these items have been subjected to temps less than -10C in transport to the UK. Thats not to say every item would be damaged even if it was subjected low temps. I'm assuming of course that these coolers were assembled somewhere in the far east and shipped to the uk by air.

Associate
iv read in some forums that if u dont find leak in the package its ok to keep it. It happens when it being shipped on cargo planes where temps go low. I dont think that anyone get minus temps at home :) unless ur a penguin.

Back
Top Bottom