• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The AMD Driver Thread

Associate
Matt, regardless of the entire work on the driver, IMO IF DX11 is a problem (DX12 will be better about this?), you should find a method to auto update/download by the client with profiles/performance improvements/stability related to the new released games only... and then release the entire set when it's ready.

is this thing feasible? I don't think that you have to do a complete rework on the code every time, isn't it?
thanks

Caporegime
OP
Matt, regardless of the entire work on the driver, IMO IF DX11 is a problem (DX12 will be better about this?), you should find a method to auto update/download by the client with profiles/performance improvements/stability related to the new released games only... and then release the entire set when it's ready.

is this thing feasible? I don't think that you have to do a complete rework on the code every time, isn't it?
thanks

Sorry i don't think it works like that. I'm not an expert on writing drivers though, so by all means leave all your good ideas here. :)

Associate
Sorry i don't think it works like that. I'm not an expert on writing drivers though, so by all means leave all your good ideas here. :)
thank you, already done and even more than one time... i'm hopeless by now ;)
indeed, I wrote even about the complete auto download/update of the driver, but I remember reading somewhere that you in the past had given up because of "security reasons". Honestly I don't see this issue if someone knows how to manage a firewall :) anyway, then you're back on your steps and have allowed the "notification" about updates... but, sincerely, that's not so useful
If the problem is about the Windows behavior, maybe someone should talk to MS, 'cause it seems that this is still an archaic procedure and no one thought about innovation regarding the drivers management...
best regards

Associate
The Omega drivers are excellent, and if I didn't have a 295X2, I would barely be taking in an interest in the release date of the new drivers. As said above though, it's the Crossfire profiles that matter to some of us. I know that Crossfire users are very much a niche group but it would be nice if profiles didn't take so long. I know nothing about driver development though, and I'm sure if it were easy they would roll out the Crossfire profiles just to shut up everyone on this thread!

I'd prefer good drivers to quick drivers though.

Soldato
When running games in a higher res using VSR, is there anyway to stop the desktop / wallpapers moving?

You mean they also change resolution?? Not sure what you mean.

Yeah you will need to specify what res you were running before the game loads etc

I have quad monitors all 1920x1080 - all spanning but not as one (ie 5760x1080 single screen) and if I start up an older game that defaults to anything less than 1080P it *******cks up my wallpapers until I set the correct res in the video settings.

Soldato
Ok to clarify I run 3 monitors in this order

1280 x 1024 | 2560 x 1440 | 1920 x 1200

If I run a game (say warthunder) @ 3200 x 1800, it pushes my "desktop" along to the right, eg any windows I have on the right most screen shifts along. Is there anyway to run the game at the increased resolution but not have it shift stuff right.

Back
Top Bottom