• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** TITANX **

Caporegime
How was SLI?. Probably pretty good and oh those minimums!. Sorry, I shouldn't be winding you up as there are two green coloured devils on your shoulder atm :D.

SLI was good in fairness and very rare that nVidia were slow to get a profile out. I have just been scouring several sites and seems that this card copes very well at 1440P. I am all up for saving cash and that money can go towards a 5960X system :p

J.D

J.D

Soldato
SLI was good in fairness and very rare that nVidia were slow to get a profile out. I have just been scouring several sites and seems that this card copes very well at 1440P. I am all up for saving cash and that money can go towards a 5960X system :p

Yeah I agree. Even when a game wasn't supporting SLI instantly, there is NvidiaInspector ;). Sounds like a plan as you didn't seem very impressed with your CPU in another thread we were speaking on. Thing is though, won't your CPU be more than enough to feed a single TitanX?.

Caporegime
Yeah I agree. Even when a game wasn't supporting SLI instantly, there is NvidiaInspector ;). Sounds like a plan as you didn't seem very impressed with your CPU in another thread we were speaking on. Thing is though, won't your CPU be more than enough to feed a single TitanX?.

Yer, a bit of a catch 22 for me at the mo. I have enough cash for 2 Titans or 1 Titan and a 5960X/RVE/3200Mhz DDR4 but not all three :(

My 3930K has degredation and whilst it can still pass now and then at 5Ghz, it is less but then again, the issue only started after switching to W8.1... Not sure if that is coincidence or what but just too lazy to find out.

Soldato
At £700 I'd probably get one, maybe

Trouble is I know around the corner is the 980ti/1080 which will be between £500-£600 for 95% the performance.

And that's not counting the 390X which might just be close enough to the Titan for £500

Soldato
I'm starting to think they just lobbed 12gb on them for ***** and giggles.

I think people said that about the original Titan too. I think the 12 GB VRAM will come into its own with 3x 4K monitors. Run by 3x TX cards, of course.

The 4K results aren't that impressive and clearly it's not the memory holding them back.

So drop the details a notch or two. Or buy two cards.

Soldato
tbh the performance jump isn't that great for £799. Slight disappointing. I'm going to wait for what should be the cheaper 1080 for even what Titan X can give. just over 30% just isn't cutting it. Now if this card had the 980 price then it might be worth it, but as it stands now....nope!

J.D

J.D

Soldato
Yer, a bit of a catch 22 for me at the mo. I have enough cash for 2 Titans or 1 Titan and a 5960X/RVE/3200Mhz DDR4 but not all three :(

My 3930K has degredation and whilst it can still pass now and then at 5Ghz, it is less but then again, the issue only started after switching to W8.1... Not sure if that is coincidence or what but just too lazy to find out.

You're probably best sticking with the new CPU plan then. It seems you will gain minimally either way if one TitanX can power 1440p but at least you have 2 more cores and the latest and greatest which will serve you well.

You could always partition a drive and install a fresh copy of Win7 and 3Dmark to test your 3930K. You could possibly do it all within an hour.

Permabanned
I think Gibbo just meant that all models will be priced between that figure and not some models costing 799 and others costing 999.

Even EVGA would struggle to sell the same card for £200 more.

They will all be very close in price in my opinion, although ASUS might stick their usual premium on.

Not necessarily.

I bought a GTX690 on launch day and I remember the different brands ranging from £730 to over £900... For the exact same reference design like Titans... The only difference being warranty length really.

So tomorrow we could easily see an MSI card for £799 and an EVGA card for £899 and a Palit card for £19999... With no discernible difference ;)

Soldato
Not necessarily.

I bought a GTX690 on launch day and I remember the different brands ranging from £730 to over £900... For the exact same reference design like Titans... The only difference being warranty length really.

So tomorrow we could easily see an MSI card for £799 and an EVGA card for £899 and a Palit card for £19999... With no discernible difference ;)

+1

Zotac usually have decent prices and an extra 2 years warranty (5yrs). Will be looking out for that tomorrow.

Soldato
What kinda games actually warrant such a expensive card exactly. My 670 does fine at 1080p and a lot at 1440 using DSR etc. I just don't understand why make such expensive cards when cheaper ones are fine. Well OK for 4k maybe but that is such a tiny user base for them resolutions. Also what on earth job do u even need for to be able to just buy one without saving a year or more lol to afford one.

I mean if the fps differences was immence like going from a 670 with 60fps at Max to a titan x which does 400fps minimum then maybe with the minimum fps being at least 300 fps and Max 400-500fps then sure it would be worth it but I doubt a card is even made yet with those bare minimums yet so let's say you double your fps instead there's no way I'd lay 800 or more notes down for so it that didn't run at least 200 fps at the heaviest scenes in the most demanding game lol. Extreme fps I know but for price it better do.

Last edited:
Soldato
What kinda games actually warrant such a expensive card exactly. My 670 does fine at 1080p and a lot at 1440 using DSR etc. I just don't understand why make such expensive cards when cheaper ones are fine. Well OK for 4k maybe but that is such a tiny user base for them resolutions. Also what on earth job do u even need for to be able to just buy one without saving a year or more lol to afford one.

People that can afford it just want the next shiny new thing. Not worth the price now after reading reviews

Back
Top Bottom