Airbus A320 Crashes in Alps

Soldato
Just thinking. Does it say who found the footage? Don't only authorities have access to search the site? If the news have only come out today, I read on the BBC that the government has ordered whoever has the footage to hand it in. To me this sounds like they don't actually have this footage?

Soldato
Cars are easily more dangerous for the same amount of miles, the amount of risks you take with that is much more even for a bus on a motorway. Just dont travel if you are that sceptical I guess

I had a great uncle die on his very last shipping container trip before retiring, smashed onto rocks off cornwall. His widow got no help from the company, back in those days there wasnt any cover for her. Spent his whole life travelling the world without incident and died 100 miles from home

Last edited:
Soldato
Just thinking. Does it say who found the footage? Don't only authorities have access to search the site? If the news have only come out today, I read on the BBC that the government has ordered whoever has the footage to hand it in. To me this sounds like they don't actually have this footage?

Yeah I was wondering this. How do the French newspapers have access to it?

Soldato
From what I read, officials discovered it but only released the details to newspapers etc.

Apparently it is hard to see as there are so many people moving around, lots of screaming, "oh my gods" in various languages, and then it ends with a metallic sound

:( horrible! I cant even begin to imagine the fear these people must have felt. Thoughts are with their families!

Associate
You would die anyway proabbly. but yea it'd be a nice option, cant people pack their own. If I worked on a 40th floor, rich executive type can easily pay for one spare, I'd have one in a cupboard

A parachute would be completely useless as you'd have no way of exiting a passenger plane without high explosives to blast open one of the doors and breathing gear to not pass out at high altitude.
Even if you had time to put on the parachute the explosives might kill you due to detonation in a confined space.
Even if you somehow didn't get turned into pink mist by the blast or stopped from boarding the plane due to carrying explosives you still could die due to any number of things going wrong like drowning in the ocean.

Soldato
Must have been so horrible those last few minutes. I for one hate flying and last year went on 2 trips and i was scared stiff!! Poor people on that flight. Ok, it was instant death but still the horror before impact.

I remember seeing that video of a Phantom being shoved into a concrete wall at approx 500 MPH to see how the wall would take such an impact. The plane vaporised!!

I guess the body parts would be tiny. Sorry to mention that guys. Just the thought!!! Horrible for the rescue workers that are tasked with finding human remains!

Soldato
Must have been so horrible those last few minutes. I for one hate flying and last year went on 2 trips and i was scared stiff!! Poor people on that flight. Ok, it was instant death but still the horror before impact.

I remember seeing that video of a Phantom being shoved into a concrete wall at approx 500 MPH to see how the wall would take such an impact. The plane vaporised!!

I guess the body parts would be tiny. Sorry to mention that guys. Just the thought!!! Horrible for the rescue workers that are tasked with finding human remains!

Whenever the news report say "they are searching for remains" or collecting remains of the passengers it makes me feel sick to think what they must be going through as well.

One of the reports mentioned that they have found 47 different DNA strains....covering over 400 samples of body tissue.

Unbelievably gruesome and upsetting :(

Soldato
Not exactly good topic for conversation I know, but at least the bits would be so tiny you wouldn't even know what they were, surely? Would probably be easier than pulling some mangled body from a car wreck - at least you could disconnect yourself from the horror when it's not recognizable. Still, the scale of the loss.....can't imagine it :(

I've been on a flight that had a hydraulics problem. There were emergency crews waiting on the ground, but it was all very uneventful and the pilot just sounded annoyed more than anything. Even though I knew everything would be fine, those last minutes were the most nerve-wracking of my life.

Back
Top Bottom