The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

I personally did kind of rush through the main quest, but I have my reasons. I got so easily emotionally attached to the story that I wanted to see it through to the end, 'cause I usually get quite bored of a game if it doesn't grab my attention all the way through, but this game managed to pull it off. I did a couple of side quests here and there (mostly the ones which were force upon you), some witcher jobs and just generally explored the world at my own pace. Problem is (well, not really a problem :p) is that I know the game will only get better from here on out. DLC/Expansion Pack/Patches/etc., and no doubt CDProjektRed will release some form of "enhanced edition" like they did with the previous entries to the series. I can't wait for that moment, and I don't want to tarnish any more possible surprises the game may throw at me at present.

It's quite a weird situation to be in really. I've played a fair chunk of the game and I absolutely love it, easily one of my favorite games of recent years, and to think that there is just so much more content, sitting there waiting for me to enjoy it, as well as future releases makes me giddy with excitement :D

Associate
Hey everyone, just got this game along with batman arkham knight, when I bought a gtx 970 graphics card from overclockers heren batman was no problem added to my steam library this however uses a service called GOG, I downloaded the beta and does it have to be downloaded in one go ? as it seems when I log off I lose all my download progress, anyone else get the game this way ? any similar problems ? as I want to explore this world so badly

Soldato
Don't downloading it from the client, just get it from the website. That way you can pause the downloads in your browser. Alternatively, use the backup links which are split files.

Soldato
i love this game but some of the main missions are a bit boring... the secondary quests are far superior.

The quests in novigrad about Junior/Treasure etc are so dull Just lot of chatting... not much fighting.

think im at the end now though so off to skellige

Caporegime
Been hosting and visiting family all week so i am still in White Orchard! :(

Seriously need to get some playtime in on this. Have only managed to get a few hours here and there since it came out.

Permabanned
Hey everyone, just got this game along with batman arkham knight, when I bought a gtx 970 graphics card from overclockers heren batman was no problem added to my steam library this however uses a service called GOG, I downloaded the beta and does it have to be downloaded in one go ? as it seems when I log off I lose all my download progress, anyone else get the game this way ? any similar problems ? as I want to explore this world so badly

yeah you can keep download progress, do not exit the right way, kill the process with task manager. It is still in beta and pause will be added but right now killing the process is the only way to keep download progress. That is if you are using galaxy.

Soldato

When I installed mine via GOG I was on the phone to VM about an issue with my broadband and they restarted my router, obviously stopping the download/install, and when it had come back up GOG continued from where it had left off.

Soldato
Played this for an hour yesterday after bagging it on the MM.

Optimisation does not seem great for my AMD R9 290. I am running most things on ultra, with a couple of things on high and it was feeling pretty laggy. Then I capped the FPs to 60 and it feels better. But getting really weird effects like NPC's just appearing out of nowhere right in front of me. Also, trees completely disappearing depending on the camera angle. Also, the game has randomly just switched to window mode for no reason a couple of times too. I am also finding the sound a bit buggy with some of the environmental effects being applied in areas where it shouldn't be. But I am only playing on the first "required to play" patch from the GOG download list and have not updated it further. Should I? If I update will my game saves be usable? I dont want to get several hours in and apply a patch only to find it kills my saves.

Have to say the graphics dont look great. They are not bad, but out of the box on ultra isn't as good as I had hoped. That said - the finer details in the environment and the interaction of the NPC's so far has been great. I have literally just got to the first town where you go in the pub then I have done a couple of side quests in the town:

I helped the old lady get her frying pan back! lol I also am just about to jump down into the well on the Noonwraith mission after kicking her ass and finding a body in the well.

Am I the only one who finds Geralt's voice just overly cheesy? I feel like I have already had enough of his raspy macho voice. lol.

I can't really say if the game is good or bad yet as I have only played it for an hour. So far, though, it has been OK. Graphics are OK, gameplay has been alright, but the biggest boon is the voice acting and general atmosphere. However, I am finding the HUD and the inventory a bit busy - and it seems overly complicated. Although I played Witcher 2 I only put 4-5 hours into it and that is the only other Witcher game I have played. So I find myself struggling a bit with the menus and also the stuff I have picked up. I have looted tons of stuff already and have no idea what to do with it. But to be fair to the game I have not read the manual or any of the in game tutorial documents yet, however it does feel unnecessarily complicated.

I did have a pang of memory though as I walked into the first main town that took me back to my first experiences playing TES Morrowind many years ago - so I take that as a good sign as I never had anything like that with Witcher 2 :)

tl;dr
Some graphics bugs and sound issues - should I upgrade to more recent patches (currently running only the essential to play patch)? Game so far is OK, but graphics and gameplay nothing special but the overall atmosphere and voice acting is superb (except Geralts cheesy cheese voice). Over complicated menus and inventory.......I think so! Some moments so far have made me feel warm and fuzzy like when I first experienced TES Morrowind.

Soldato
I'm way behind most on here as I've been away for a week, only just got to Velen!

Anyway, been playing a few games of Gwent, the last 2 games I've played and won, the card it said I had received doesn't appear in my deck... any ideas?

Soldato
Played this for an hour yesterday after bagging it on the MM.

Optimisation does not seem great for my AMD R9 290. I am running most things on ultra, with a couple of things on high and it was feeling pretty laggy. Then I capped the FPs to 60 and it feels better. But getting really weird effects like NPC's just appearing out of nowhere right in front of me. Also, trees completely disappearing depending on the camera angle. Also, the game has randomly just switched to window mode for no reason a couple of times too. I am also finding the sound a bit buggy with some of the environmental effects being applied in areas where it shouldn't be. But I am only playing on the first "required to play" patch from the GOG download list and have not updated it further. Should I? If I update will my game saves be usable? I dont want to get several hours in and apply a patch only to find it kills my saves.

Have to say the graphics dont look great. They are not bad, but out of the box on ultra isn't as good as I had hoped. That said - the finer details in the environment and the interaction of the NPC's so far has been great. I have literally just got to the first town where you go in the pub then I have done a couple of side quests in the town:

I helped the old lady get her frying pan back! lol I also am just about to jump down into the well on the Noonwraith mission after kicking her ass and finding a body in the well.

Am I the only one who finds Geralt's voice just overly cheesy? I feel like I have already had enough of his raspy macho voice. lol.

I can't really say if the game is good or bad yet as I have only played it for an hour. So far, though, it has been OK. Graphics are OK, gameplay has been alright, but the biggest boon is the voice acting and general atmosphere. However, I am finding the HUD and the inventory a bit busy - and it seems overly complicated. Although I played Witcher 2 I only put 4-5 hours into it and that is the only other Witcher game I have played. So I find myself struggling a bit with the menus and also the stuff I have picked up. I have looted tons of stuff already and have no idea what to do with it. But to be fair to the game I have not read the manual or any of the in game tutorial documents yet, however it does feel unnecessarily complicated.

I did have a pang of memory though as I walked into the first main town that took me back to my first experiences playing TES Morrowind many years ago - so I take that as a good sign as I never had anything like that with Witcher 2 :)

tl;dr
Some graphics bugs and sound issues - should I upgrade to more recent patches (currently running only the essential to play patch)? Game so far is OK, but graphics and gameplay nothing special but the overall atmosphere and voice acting is superb (except Geralts cheesy cheese voice). Over complicated menus and inventory.......I think so! Some moments so far have made me feel warm and fuzzy like when I first experienced TES Morrowind.

I am also playing on an R9 290 and your description of the graphics are just about spot on. Unfortunately I am experiencing everything you have mentioned.

In terms of the game itself it is very good but the menu systems aren't the easiest of things to get to grip with. I also find the game a bit linear in ways, I don't feel I have the freedom I want but this is probably just normal for witcher games (it is the first one I have played).

Associate
I'm way behind most on here as I've been away for a week, only just got to Velen!

Anyway, been playing a few games of Gwent, the last 2 games I've played and won, the card it said I had received doesn't appear in my deck... any ideas?

Perhaps the new card belongs to another deck ( Monsters, Nilfgaardian etc ) ? I presume you are using the Northern Realms deck at the moment. If you go to the Gwent UI screen click through the various decks at the top and I'm sure you'll find your new card in the left hand panel.

Caporegime
As said, the story main missions just throw XP at your face. As I am Lv10 at the moment after playing a few hours a day all I can say is do your secondary missions asap before your outlevel them and they end up grey in your quest log. I did the main missions for just a little while (bloody baron) and before I knew it I had shot from Lv7 to 10 and rendered a few secondary missions grey.

I have just hit that mission/bloody baron so will do a few side quests etc. now.

Soldato

NEVER! :p its up there with epic video game voices like Snake and Master chief amongst me and my mates :D

But it is extremely put on of course, think his name is doug cockle (or somethi like that) look him up on youtube, he did an interview about the game and his voice doesn't sound anything like what he does for the game! But if you listen closely there are some minor traces

Back
Top Bottom