The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Soldato
Think I'm going to give up on this. Several hours in and I'm just not feeling it.

Wish I could sell my GoG account with it on :(

It's only like the best RPG I have ever played. The depth is unbelievable. Stick with it. It's utterly phenomenal game. Easily game of the year.

Wait untill you do the main quest where you go with Kiera in to the cave. Then tell me your not feeling it! :eek:

Associate
It's only like the best RPG I have ever played. The depth is unbelievable. Stick with it. It's utterly phenomenal game. Easily game of the year.

Wait untill you do the main quest where you go with Kiera in to the cave. Then tell me your not feeling it! :eek:

Ive just done this cave. Loving the game so far and im normally someone who plays a new game for hour and get bored. Ive done loads of side quests etc too. Think im level 7,
Took me 4 attempts to finish that warrior at the end off cave though haha.

Soldato
Right - anyone else getting consistent crashing whenever they spend any time looking at items in their inventory? My game has just crashed 3 times in a row when hovering my mouse over inventory items........ Very annoying.

Does not crash the computer, just the game but the music still plays in the background and the screen just freezes and no key or mouse inputs work.

Last edited:
Permabanned
On the latest patch but seem to get some stuttering? Using an NV 980 with latest drivers. Pretty much everything on max at about 30-45 FPS.

With a 980 you should max all settings apart from shadows and foilage which are set to high and you should get 55-70fps, then again I have the SC version of the 980 and my CPU is running at 4.6ghz. No idea why you FPS is so low, the overclock on the SC can't make that much of a difference. I cap the frames at 70fps as well so it may well go higher then that in some areas. Are you playing a really high screen res? mine is only 1920x1080 so that might explain it as well. It could actually be you have shadows and foliage distance on ultra as well, if so turn them both to high.

Last edited:
Soldato

Stupid bint got me killed twice in the
explosive mushroom area
and then constantly got in my way. All I got I return was
a stupid lamp (which is obviously helpful later on)
Loved the quest though.

Associate
Ok so I've been away & haven't played since 22/05.

I'm going to patch up & update to 15.5 cats for my 7950.

Any new sweetfx profiles to recommend? Or .ini tweaks?

I'm only level 4 & I like to investigate every corner, so I don't think I should be too concerned about this xp bug?

Soldato
Ive just done this cave. Loving the game so far and im normally someone who plays a new game for hour and get bored. Ive done loads of side quests etc too. Think im level 7,
Took me 4 attempts to finish that warrior at the end off cave though haha.

Im exactly the same. Usually after an hour I get bored. This on the other hand I can play for 4 hours and only stop as I need to sleep for work the next day... :o

Soldato
cinefx profile for sweetfx.

You should have this ready to paste for all who ask mate :)

Did the Cat Gear quests thanks partly to some YT vids. Loving the gear

2015-05-31_00002.jpg

2015-05-31_00001.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
Right - anyone else getting consistent crashing whenever they spend any time looking at items in their inventory? My game has just crashed 3 times in a row when hovering my mouse over inventory items........ Very annoying.

Does not crash the computer, just the game but the music still plays in the background and the screen just freezes and no key or mouse inputs work.

I have fixed this crashing by removing the FPS cap in graphics options. Game seems stable now.

However I am very frustrated by the game so far. My guy simply cant kill anything. I am level 1 but Jesus, even a lone level 2 ghoul kills me in 2-3 hits :( When there is a pack of 4-5 of them I can maybe kill 3 before I am dead and that is with using my magic signs and rolling around avoiding them.

I understand it is not supposed to be easy but come on - slashing the hell out of things with a silver sword and doing next to no damage is taking the ****. Level 1 & 2 monsters are practically un-killable :( It's making the exploration side of the game a real chore and I seem to remember it was not this way in Witcher 2.

Getting bored already because I can't explore anywhere without getting destroyed by monsters or having to reload and reload and reload and reload and reload and reload. Why is my guy such a wuss?

Soldato
I have fixed this crashing by removing the FPS cap in graphics options. Game seems stable now.

However I am very frustrated by the game so far. My guy simply cant kill anything. I am level 1 but Jesus, even a lone level 2 ghoul kills me in 2-3 hits :( When there is a pack of 4-5 of them I can maybe kill 3 before I am dead and that is with using my magic signs and rolling around avoiding them.

I understand it is not supposed to be easy but come on - slashing the hell out of things with a silver sword and doing next to no damage is taking the ****. Level 1 & 2 monsters are practically un-killable :( It's making the exploration side of the game a real chore and I seem to remember it was not this way in Witcher 2.

Getting bored already because I can't explore anywhere without getting destroyed by monsters or having to reload and reload and reload and reload and reload and reload. Why is my guy such a wuss?

Hate to say it but you must be doing something wrong. What difficulty you playing at? I'm on the second hardest and never encountered anything like that. Most low level guys went down fairly easy. Use the dodge a lot rather than the roll and quen up whenever possible.

Associate
Ive got it on medium, its bang on difficulty wise for me. Im needing to use oil/potions for most of the proper fights. Only died a handful of times, if there level is red then its a really tough fight and may need to come back later.

I went it a cave for a quest, started walking heard a noise 'I think something woke up' Geralt said. I got the impression I shouldnt be here, looked at the quest difficulty level 33 hahahahaa I was about 4 at the time (7 now), needless to say I got out of there sharpish, this was in the first 'area' aswell!

Having not played the first two (I actually have both) I dont seem to finding much armour/weapons really. Is this normal? Are you expected to use the crafting to make better gear mainly? The things I do find are generally no better than what I have or too a high a level, then once I reach that level Its not much good anyway.

Also ive not used the crossbow at all, should I?

Thanks

Soldato
If you play gwent make sure you beat him before you finish the quest as once you finish the red baron quest you cant find him after to get the gwent card off him

Don't think it matters. You can get the card from his room. I did anyway. The baron died I have my game and it updated saying to search his room for the card

Back
Top Bottom