Insanely annoyed at the RMA proccess with Superflower

Associate
Think you should press Overclockers some more on this. The way they push the Superflower brand you would think they would bend over backwards to help you.

Theres the did you buy it on a credit card avenue and the SOGA too.

Associate
I would submit a small claims court case against the retailer, stating goods not of satisfactory quality as per SOGA.

Even had you opened it, this does not revoke your statutory rights unless they can prove you've damaged it by doing so. There is no way opening it would suddenly make the fan noisy.

Soldato
That label has clearly been rubbed whilst in case. Certainly not opened. Disappointing from OcUK and Superflower... Hope nothing happens to mine where the sticker looks worn.

Soldato
OP
Thanks for the support guys, I suggest if you have access to your superflower to try and pad the sticker, It grinds off real easy against a metal surface IE a case.

Anyway, People that are curious how I got on with the fan replacement.

20150607_184817.jpg

20150607_184822.jpg

20150607_184604.jpg

100% works, NO MORE COIL WHINE!. Can't even hear it anymore, Totally amazing. But yea, The chances of me ever getting the case sorted for my PSU are gone now that I pushed my new fan in there.

Am still really upset that OCUK refuse to talk to me if I metion the words RMA and Super Flower, There customer support is pretty poor in my eyes. But, Eh. It's fixed now thanks to me and not OCUK thats for sure...

Soldato
Good to see you managed to fix it. :)
Techen said:
Am still really upset that OCUK refuse to talk to me if I metion the words RMA and Super Flower, There customer support is pretty poor in my eyes. But, Eh. It's fixed now thanks to me and not OCUK thats for sure...
So in the event of an RMA after the first year of use, these PSU's still get shipped off to Superflower, so they can authorise the RMA.

It appears OcUK doesn't actually deal with the warranty as such, they just ship them off to Taiwan (ouch!), thus you having to wait 3 weeks for an outcome.

My opinion is like mentioned, the sticker has become scratched due to being put into a case, seems very unfair really considering the actual seal for the screw was untampered.

I doubt you would have this issue with EVGA or Corsair who I have used in the past and been excellent, you only get 5 years warranty anyway with Superflower, at least with Corsair it's 7 years, and EVGA 10 years.

Last edited:
Soldato
That damage to the sticker is likely due to installing and removing the PSU from the bottom of a case?

I had a nightmare returning a faulty GTX 670 Power Edition to OcUK myself. Which ended up with me paying postage, being charged a non-fault fee and return postage by OcUK. Then I got a new motherboard and PSU and it was still faulty so I contacted OcUK and they told me to return it again, at my cost.

Soldato
Poor show by OCUK and Superflower here. I hope someone from OCUK sees the thread and puts things right, even if at this stage (now that it HAS been opened) it means it comes out of their pocket.

Soldato
I have always had a great experience with the OCUK RMA, albeit the first one a little slow as it took just short of two months for my GPUs to be sorted. I mentioned it and got some new ones as a replacement (Both died at the same time!).

But i'm glad you got it sorted out buddy.
I think some clarification in regards to the RMA with OCUK and Superflower could well be in order though, as in who deals etc... :)

Soldato
OP
I have always had a great experience with the OCUK RMA, albeit the first one a little slow as it took just short of two months for my GPUs to be sorted. I mentioned it and got some new ones as a replacement (Both died at the same time!).

But i'm glad you got it sorted out buddy.
I think some clarification in regards to the RMA with OCUK and Superflower could well be in order though, as in who deals etc... :)

It's been a month since I sent my 980 away, Still waiting on it...

Man of Honour
This is why I buy Seasonic :S and been sounding a little less hyped opinion of Superflower (not saying they are bad but over hyped).

Soldato
I'd buy a Corsair PSU again in a heartbeat, never had an issue with their RMA. They sent me a brand new 600T when I complained about the panel gap on mine and let me keep the old one.

I returned a set of RAM too as a stick was faulty and never had any issues.

Soldato
Soldato
This has certainly changed my opinion slightly of OC support, but won't stop me buying altogether. Of course if they sort you out then that would be excellent

Seasonic are good yes, probably on the same tier as SuperFlower but no idea about seasonic support. I would go for EVGA in future as already mentioned, as they have excellent support

Back
Top Bottom