Insanely annoyed at the RMA proccess with Superflower

OcUK Staff
So I've just been made aware of this thread by a friend, and I am relatively perplexed to what has gone on here. Rest assured I will personally look into this and find out what has happened. Furthermore, should anyone have any issues with SuperFlower like this in future, please get in touch with me directly. We pride ourselves on our customer service and this includes the SuperFlower brand, a product we generally get extremely low RMA's on regardless. With regards to the OP, once I have found out what has happened, I will be in touch to work out what we need to do to make everything right.

Man of Honour
Good on you Chug. I must say that this has been a truly shocking affair. That sticker is in a awful place and looks easily damaged too but for Techen to be fobbed off like he was is just not on. I hope that once everything in known that it shall be posted up here for us to see. I think some serious rebuilding in the trust of Superflower/OCUK is needed here.

Soldato
Good on you Chug. I must say that this has been a truly shocking affair. That sticker is in a awful place and looks easily damaged too but for Techen to be fobbed off like he was is just not on. I hope that once everything in known that it shall be posted up here for us to see. I think some serious rebuilding in the trust of Superflower/OCUK is needed here.

Hear, hear.

This would seriously put me off buying a Superflower PSU, not only from here, but anywhere else.

OcUK Staff
Ok, so I've spent some time reviewing this case thoroughly. In all honesty, it's very difficult to ascertain whether or not the PSU has been opened prior to it arriving with OcUK. However, a few things point out to me that it has not been opened, such as the centre part of the label where the screw head is being intact, something which would not be the case if a tool had been inserted into the PSU. Also, looking from a competely neutral standpoint, I have every reason to believe that the customer is genuinely being truthful and has little to no reason to open the PSU himself.

With this in mind Techen, please get in touch with customer service and we can do one of two things.

1) Send you a replacement PSU free of charge.
2) As you've appeared to have already fixed the issue, we can offer the value of the PSU as a credit note against your next purchase.

Please contact customer services or call our sales line and ask them to speak to me, or show them this thread once you have decided what you want to do.

Regarding everyone who is being put off by this occurence, I agree it has not been exemplary service from OcUK, usually we have industry renown excellent customer service and satisfaction (remember who started accepting GTX970's back first after the whole 3.5GB scandal, and more importantly, who didn't :) ) but even the best get it wrong occasionally. Our returns department are an excellent bunch who do a great job and we have already reviewed the process in full and have put things in place to avoid this happening again.

I would like you to buy SuperFlower in confidence in future, as you also have me to contact if anything goes wrong, and as the PSU product manager at OcUK, it's my job to make sure you guys are all satisfied with your purchases. This goes for any brand too, not just SuperFlower, so hopefully this will alleviate some of your concerns.

Associate
I've had no issues with mine at all, which I guess you'd expect really. It seems like a quality bit of kit. Just needs a bit of design refinement I think.

Sauced apples... nice signature.

Associate
I recently returned a faulty PSU, although it wasn't a Superflower, the service was excellent from OCUK. Often I find things a bit cheaper elsewhere but I would rather pay a few quid extra and know that the service is there if anything goes wrong.

My new PSU is a Superflower so fingers crossed!

Associate
Uh...

Soon to be 980 TI, Running a 980 at the moment.

Operating System: Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit
16 GB DDR 3 Corsair Ram at 1.5v 1866mhz
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790K CPU @ 4.00GHz (8 CPUs), ~4.0GHz (Overclocked to 4.7 Ghz at 1.31V
650 W Corsair RM PSU.

I also run a water pump, I have 3 Rads and around 12 fans running too. I aim to overclock my 980TI as well, As I believe this is going to push the 650 w PSU to its limit and would never ever have been a issue if they had fixed my 1200w psu.
why switch to a ti? Just curious..

Am going to vent how annoyed I am on the forums today, I sent away my 1200w Superflower platinum for a faulty/coilwhine fan.

However, After waiting 3 weeks I got this email:
... So I don't get it.
Meanwhile Corsair replaced my PSU FOC even though I couldn't find proof of purchase.

Last edited:
Soldato
So I've just been made aware of this thread by a friend,
me, me, me!

I know the Antec rep showing OCUK the negative feedback from SF, with a view for OCUK to fix it; could be seen as odd!

At the end of the day, Antec is stocked by OcUK and I want to ensure that everybody is 100% happy with a reseller who stocks Antec, and if it means a competing brand gets positive rep from it, then so be it, there is room for many brands in the market.

I'm just pleased that OCUK have offered a decent solution to the OP :)

Man of Honour
Ok, so I've spent some time reviewing this case thoroughly. In all honesty, it's very difficult to ascertain whether or not the PSU has been opened prior to it arriving with OcUK. However, a few things point out to me that it has not been opened, such as the centre part of the label where the screw head is being intact, something which would not be the case if a tool had been inserted into the PSU. Also, looking from a competely neutral standpoint, I have every reason to believe that the customer is genuinely being truthful and has little to no reason to open the PSU himself.

With this in mind Techen, please get in touch with customer service and we can do one of two things.

1) Send you a replacement PSU free of charge.
2) As you've appeared to have already fixed the issue, we can offer the value of the PSU as a credit note against your next purchase.

Please contact customer services or call our sales line and ask them to speak to me, or show them this thread once you have decided what you want to do.

Regarding everyone who is being put off by this occurence, I agree it has not been exemplary service from OcUK, usually we have industry renown excellent customer service and satisfaction (remember who started accepting GTX970's back first after the whole 3.5GB scandal, and more importantly, who didn't :) ) but even the best get it wrong occasionally. Our returns department are an excellent bunch who do a great job and we have already reviewed the process in full and have put things in place to avoid this happening again.

I would like you to buy SuperFlower in confidence in future, as you also have me to contact if anything goes wrong, and as the PSU product manager at OcUK, it's my job to make sure you guys are all satisfied with your purchases. This goes for any brand too, not just SuperFlower, so hopefully this will alleviate some of your concerns.

That's a nice gesture Chug but to be fair it shouldn't have come to this in the first place. As you are the main suppliers of Superflower in the UK can you not "suggest" that they move the sticker? On the corner of the psu where the two parts of the casing join seems sensible. I am sure we all appreciate the reason why they exist but it just needs to be away from anywhere that it's going to get worn away.

OcUK Staff
Already on with it Pastymuncher. I've suggested they move the warranty sticker completely and use a better one also, so this should filter through the stock within the next 3-6 months.

OcUK Staff
SuperFlower are actually very easy to speak with and we are working with them closely to develop some new product ranges that I think people will love. More news on that soon and I'll provide an update to the warranty sticker too when I have it.

Soldato
SuperFlower are actually very easy to speak with and we are working with them closely to develop some new product ranges that I think people will love. More news on that soon and I'll provide an update to the warranty sticker too when I have it.

Yup same with FSP. They have been very helpful and receptive to our custom designs and modifications..

Back
Top Bottom