**DGM 27" LED IPS 2560x1440 ONLY £319.99 Inc. VAT (PRE-ORDER PRICE ONLY)!!**

Associate
Just spoke to Natalia and apparently the £15 psu's are now £32 as they have to be sent from Poland :confused:

Anyway, I am sure the monitor has some warranty left but sadly I have no invoice as it was a gift from a previous partner.

Seems i have no choice but to pay the dues... :eek:

I ordered 2 replacements from Natalia yesterday, she's faffing about saying she had issues with the couriers and as of tonight, they still haven't been shipped.

Curiously my order for 2 power supplies came to £52 including postage. So if you want to save some money, but two instead of one.

Assuming I ever get the power supplies from Poland.

Soldato
Within the rules, is there anywhere i can buy a replacement PSU for one of these rather than going direct through DGM?

We've got two at work, and we can only buy a replacement PSU by purchase order which DGM won't do for us direct.

Associate
You can get replacement power supplies but the main problem is the orientation on the pins - If you're okay with some simple soldering then you can change the orientation (it's just 2 wires that get soldered to two negative and 2 positive pins) and use a new connnector.
Most of the ones available have a different orientation to the DGM connector (just check on the back of the PSU)

Also if you do this then get the highest ampage you can find - I've been using a 7.5 amp psu for two+ years and it runs a whole lot cooler than the ~6amp one that DGM supply.
Just search for 24v 7.5a power supply.
:)

Associate
So, my two replacements have just shown up. Looks like they've ditched "ComingData" and replaced them with Channel Well Technology.

The only difference I can see (apart from the new ones being a bit bigger) is differing amperage. I have no idea how it'll affect the monitor though.

NWHzvY.jpg

Soldato
Mine was even more of a bargain at £199 ;)

Lucky guy, mine was £340!

So, my two replacements have just shown up. Looks like they've ditched "ComingData" and replaced them with Channel Well Technology.

The only difference I can see (apart from the new ones being a bit bigger) is differing amperage. I have no idea how it'll affect the monitor though.

NWHzvY.jpg

That is good because it shouldn't overheat so much, my after market one runs so much cooler and output is 7.5a.

Associate
Still waiting over a month since sending off my monitor :(
Im pretty sure all i had was a dead brick so im not sure whats taking so long...

EDIT: received my monitor today (15/07/2015)
as expected, it was a faulty brick, shame i had to wait almost 2 months but just happy i got it back....
I think it probably would have been cheaper for them to just send me a new brick instead of sending it back to Poland and back but not my problem.

Last edited:
Associate
Think mine has just gone pop too, turned it on and screen was flickering with blurred picture and then going totally blank with a crackling sound coming from PSU.

I paid £312 for it back in November 2012 so 2.5 years of life is not bad for the price. Even though its under warranty I may just scrap it and buy a nice new monitor.

Associate
Think mine has just gone pop too, turned it on and screen was flickering with blurred picture and then going totally blank with a crackling sound coming from PSU.

I paid £312 for it back in November 2012 so 2.5 years of life is not bad for the price. Even though its under warranty I may just scrap it and buy a nice new monitor.

Mine has just developed the same problem, I have raised it under CS section, but they are telling me that it was sold with a 2 year warranty, despite me providing multiple links to forum listings for 'today only' deals listed with a three year warranty..... :(

anyone got any tips on how I proceed?

Soldato
Mine has just developed the same problem, I have raised it under CS section, but they are telling me that it was sold with a 2 year warranty, despite me providing multiple links to forum listings for 'today only' deals listed with a three year warranty..... :(

anyone got any tips on how I proceed?

did you pay by credit card?
also, post in the CS section on here and see if it can get escalated to someone like Bailey or Gibbo

take screenshots of the opening post on this thread in case it mysteriously gets edited

Associate
did you pay by credit card?
also, post in the CS section on here and see if it can get escalated to someone like Bailey or Gibbo

thanks for responding!

I posted in CS first, and it's Bailey who has responded telling me it's 2 years.

didn't have a credit card at the time, so unless I used my parents', it would have been my debit card unfortunately...

e: good point on the screenshots!

Cheers

Last edited:
Associate
Psu just died :(

Has been on mothballs for 2/3 months - green light on block will power on but starts to fade and within 2/3 seconds is dead (instant fade if plugged in to monitor)

Bought 9th August 2012 so just out of warranty.

Where to get (better quality if possible) new power brick ?

Soldato
Psu just died :(

Has been on mothballs for 2/3 months - green light on block will power on but starts to fade and within 2/3 seconds is dead (instant fade if plugged in to monitor)

Bought 9th August 2012 so just out of warranty.

Where to get (better quality if possible) new power brick ?

Still contact DGM, even if you cant get a warranty replacement they willo be able to supply you with the correct one

Back
Top Bottom